Primavera Sound 2017

Orens

By the way, go to see Pond. saw them in 2015, will see them exactly ten days after the PS gig, not missing out on them. Last year, when Dungen played the Mordor early, I pictured Pond jamming in that scenario. They are going to kill it.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My plan at the moment is

Thu - Kevin Morby > Alexandra Savior > Solange > Bon Iver > Death Grips > Aphex Twin (first half) > King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard > Tycho > Pinegrove

Fri - Whitney > Mac DeMarco > Frank Ocean > The xx > Run the Jewels/Operators

Sat - Songhoy Blues > Pond > Angel Olsen > Metronomy > Hamilton Leithauser > Arcade Fire > Japandroids (first half) > Preoccupations

Not hugely into Aphex Twin but the stuff I do like is the more ambient stuff so I can't see his live set doing it for me but I'll give the first half a go to see what it's like. Not too fussed about Tycho either but really want to see Pinegrove, if Pinegrove's earlier set doesn't clash i may well end the night after King Gizz.

If I'm seeing Run the Jewels at Glastonbury I'll probably go see Operators here but either way it's a clash I'm not too upset about. 

Saturday worked out much better than I could have imagined given it's my most stacked day, only really missing out Weyes Blood and Wild Beasts and I've seen the latter on this tour anyway. I'm glad I saw Japandroids last month as they're one of my favourite bands on the lineup and them clashing with Preoccupations isn't great for me but if I catch the first half and then head over for Preoccupations I'll be quite happy.

Think we'll probably go to the Let's Eat Grandma and Cigarettes After Sex gig on the Tuesday but unsure if we'll bother with the Wednesday or Sunday yet.

Worst clash of the weekend for me is Vaadat Charigim/Iosonouncane. Also Arcade Fire/Sleep. 

Wednesday: Animic > Gordi > Local Natives > Saint Etienne

Thursday: Nikki Lane > Koloshca > Kevin Morby > Triangulo de Amor Bizarro > This Heat > Broken Social Scene > Gojira > Afghan Whigs > Gold Class > The Black Angels > King Gizzard > Tycho > Pinegrove

Friday:  Adelaida > Rebuig > 1/2 of Belako > Vaadat Charigim > The Growlers > William Tyler > Fufanu > Grandaddy > 1/2 of Swans > Berri Txarrak > Operators > Wand

Saturday: The Wheels > Slim Cessna > Pond > Jardin de la Croix > Teenage Fanclub > Hamilton Leithauser > Arcade Fire > Japandroids > last part of Preoccupations

Probably an optimistic itinerary, will need a lot of stamina to find the energy for all those shows. 

Looks like we'll be doing pretty similar run of shows! 

Would like to catch that Let's Eat Grandma/Cigarettes After Sex show on Tuesday and also Romare on Wednesday but I'll have to see about group consensus.

Thursday - Kevin Morby>This Is Not This Heat>Solange>Badbadnotgood>Death Grips>Aphex Twin (probably leave for King Gizz)>Tycho

Friday - Whitney>Sinkane or Mitski>Mac DeMarco>Frank Ocean>the xx>RTJ>FlyLo>Priests (what a day!)

Saturday - Weyes Blood>Junun or Pond>Van Morrison>Metronomy or Kelly Lee Owens>Grace Jones>Arcade Fire>Preoccupations>!!!>DJ Coco

Big clashes are Jens Lekman vs Kevin Morby, Solange vs Broken Social Scene and Angel Olsen vs Van Morrison. In all cases I reckon I'll go with the act I haven't seen before.

Thursday: Jackmaster > Youandewan > Glass Animals > Bon Iver > SURVIVE > Fatima Yamaha > Henrik Schwarz/Tycho > Bicep

Friday: Mac Demarco > Frank Ocean > The XX > Front 242 > Tuff City Kids

Saturday: Lauer > Pond > Van Morrisson > Metronomy > Grace Jones > Arcade Fire > !!!

Lots of others I'd like to see but due to clashes I won't get to. Friday is definitely the barest day for me.

My plan at the moment (likely to change):  

Wednesday: Gordi > Local Natives > Saint Etienne

Thursday: Nikki Lane > Annette Peacock > This is Not This Heat > Glass Animals > Bon Iver > Slayer (1st half)  > Survive (1st half) > Black Angels > King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard (> Tyco > Pinegrove)

Friday: Alexandra Savior > Julia Jacklin > Whitney > Sampha / Mac DeMarco > Grandaddy / Frank Ocean > The XX > Front 242 (> Flying Lotus > Priests)

Saturday:  Weyes Blood > Junun > Van Morrison > Teenage Fanclub > Grace Jones > Arcade Fire (1st half) > Wild Beasts > Japandrois > Preoccupations (2nd half) 

Sunday: LVL Up > Mannequin Pussy > The Mystery Lights > Julie Doiron > The Make Up > !!! > Odina > Shellac > Sleaford Mods > Japandroids

If I get to 70% of these I am happy... 

My worst clashes:

- Bon Iver / Badbadnotgood / Afghan Whigs

- Aphex Twin / Black Angels + King Gizzard

- Metronomy / Teenage Fanclub

- Arcade Fire / Wild Beasts

Edited by puckno

We are pretty much go with the flow and see what happens - but these are on the watch list.

Wed - No really bothered about anyone but my mate wants to see St Etienne.

Thursday - The Molochs, Afgan whigs then a terrible clash trio of Black Angels, The Damned and King Gizzard

Friday - Slim Cessna/Belako, The Growlers, Descendants, Swans, Sleaford Mods

Saturday - Van the Man/ Angel Olsen, Teenage Fanclub, Arcade Fire, Japandoids

Come home Sunday - so disappointed to miss the Mystery Lights.

Wednesday: Saint Etienne >> Formation >> Romare

Thursday: Jackmaster >> Alexis Taylor >> Broken Social Scene/Glass Animals >> The Afghan Whigs >> Slayer >> Joy Orbison >> Aphex Twin >> Bicep

Friday: Sinkane >> Whitney >> Leyya >> Mac Demarco >> Grandaddy >.> The XX >> Run The Jewels >> Flying Lotus >> Talaboman 

Saturday: Songhoy Blues >> Pond >> Van Morrison >> Metronomy >.> Seu Jorge >> Arcade Fire >> Skepta >> !!! 

Pretty happy with that...

1 hour ago, arcuse said:

Phoenix took his spot at Hangout and LCD took his at Sasquatch. Ehm?

I assume if he did say this, he said it on his Beats show?  Which means he's taking to a US audience, so who knows the relevance... "a couple" bodes well though right??

As for plans for each day..

Wednesday:  Local Natives > St Etienne > Formation > Romare

Thursday: Pinegrove > Jens Lekman > This is not the heat > Solange > Bon Iver > Death Grips > Aphex Twin > Bicep

Friday: Whitney or Mitski > Sampha > Mac Demarco > Frank Ocean > half of Swans > Run the Jewels > Fly lo > Talaboman

Saturday: Magnetic Fields > Weyes Blood > Junun > Swet Shop Boys > Van Morrison or Angel Olsen > Kelly Lee Owens > Grace Jones or Hamilton Leithauser > Arcade Fire or Gas > John Talabot > Skepta > !!!

The last day of any festival never turns out like you plan, there's absolutely no way I'll see all that! :unsure:

2 hours ago, TiZuff said:

Can't find that quote anywhere? 

He said that on his Blonde 006 show on Beats1 yeah. If he was talking to his US audience that'd mean that FYF and Panorama are in danger but idk why he would say such things because those shows are at the end of July whilst his first show is gonna be Primavera, Northside and Parklife.. I'm just giving it to ya what he said, thought Id share it :) (if he does cancel, I think LCD is a tremendous replacement though, but I reckon that's gonna be enough for the dozens of Frank fans who fly to Barcelona or London just to see him).

I think he might leave the detail to his team and probably thought that LCD were standing in at Hangout too (maybe also that was the original plan).

Not even sure if LCD would want to fly all the way to Europe, knowing that they played twice to the same crowd this time last year. I just don't see it.

My expectation is that he'll still probably play, given the gap. If he doesn't I don't think they will be able to secure a major name so we will get someone mid-tier and a bump-up

..unless they've had someone confirmed for a short while, and are waiting for them to confirm what's happening with Frank?

Just as an example, Tramlines in Sheffield had Wu-tang cancel on them a week or two before the show.. a few days later, they'd bagged De la Soul AND Mobb Deep to replace them... so it's probably easier than you'd think to do, and they probably always have back up in mind for these kind of occurrences.. maybe.. 

57 minutes ago, sgtpepper100 said:

As awesome as LCD would be for me personally, I can imagine those that went last year would be a bit miffed.

Having seen them twice, it would be the best thing that happened to me in 2017, without a blink.

James could stick around and play with Arcade Fire the next day.

Edited by Orens