Primavera Sound 2017

Orens

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very happy with the timetable, not too many bad clashes for me bar maybe one or two. On Friday I'll probably spend most of my time up around the two main stages whereas on Thursday I'll barely be down that direction. Thursday will be a long day! So much on I want to see from start to finish.

37 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Solange - Bon Iver - Slayer - Aphex Twin - Tycho - Pinegrove/Bicep Live

That is a fucking dream right there! 

Yep that run is just amazing ain't it? 

Also loving Whitney/Mitski - Mac Demarco/Sampha - Frank Ocean - The xx - Run the Jewels - Flying Lotus *foam*

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

http://pitchfork.com/news/70091-frank-ocean-cancels-sasquatch-set-replaced-by-lcd-soundsystem/

This seems ominous, though it's strange his second festival is cancelled due to production delays and not the first.

Although that is worrying. Fucking hope not - would be the second time I was supposed to see him and he's cancelled.

Great lineup, can't wait. That thursday run is amazing.

Loads of it too late for me, i know i'll be knackered and ready for my bed before half of it even begins, though. Perils of being an old man

56 minutes ago, jed300 said:

Hopefully the 'production issues beyond his control' are Sasquatch's end due to him not pulling out of the first date. 

Second, technically. He's supposed to headline Hangout festival in May 19th.

44 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

for fucks sake....

So basically, Primavera Sound might be the first gig he plays since 2014, but mostly because he canceled 3 US festival headlining gigs in the meantime! 

We have to believe, right? Probably losing Grandaddy at the same week is tough enough, Frank, and you're due to play the same timeslot! 

im clinging onto the followng scenario:

Frank is recording in america, he is cancelling his american shows to get more time recording before he sets off to europe...

as you said... we need to believe.

There will be no big replacement if he cancels. Björk cancelled a few years ago and there was no substantial replacement for her. If I remember correctly Django, Django joined the Line-Up.

I don't believe he cancels his European dates, though. Northside Festival in Denmark told Pitchfork that he is currently set to perform as planned. 

27 minutes ago, Createur said:

I don't believe he cancels his European dates, though. Northside Festival in Denmark told Pitchfork that he is currently set to perform as planned. 

Here's hoping it's just these two then. Would put a real downer on things if he were to pull out, and he's getting a bit of a shitty rep for doing this frequently.

I've been kind of brushing off the fact that Arcade Fire are playing. I used to be huge into them and loved their set in 2014 but I've barely listened since and like others thought it was a bit weird that they were playing again so soon, and was half hoping for something else on at the same time. I wouldn't mind seeing Sleep or Gas, but I think bringing my other half around to the idea of seeing a 90s doom metal band or moody ambient techno over what'll obviously be a good AF set is a pretty unlikely task.

So I've given them a spin today and I guess I'm quite looking forward to seeing them now. What are we thinking? Greatest hits with a few new songs chucked in, or album unceremoniously launched two days before?

Just having a look at the set they played last time and I'm not sure how much they can really change. It was pretty spot on. Flashbulb Eyes was fucking incredible and they should keep it but aside from that I can just see them subbing out a few of the other Reflektor songs (We Exist, Normal Person, Here Comes the Night Time?) for some new stuff and it's pretty good to go.

Edited by Messy

40 minutes ago, Messy said:

I've been kind of brushing off the fact that Arcade Fire are playing. I used to be huge into them and loved their set in 2014 but I've barely listened since and like others thought it was a bit weird that they were playing again so soon, and was half hoping for something else on at the same time. I wouldn't mind seeing Sleep or Gas, but I think bringing my other half around to the idea of seeing a 90s doom metal band or moody ambient techno over what'll obviously be a good AF set is a pretty unlikely task.

So I've given them a spin today and I guess I'm quite looking forward to seeing them now. What are we thinking? Greatest hits with a few new songs chucked in, or album unceremoniously launched two days before?

Just having a look at the set they played last time and I'm not sure how much they can really change. It was pretty spot on. Flashbulb Eyes was fucking incredible and they should keep it but aside from that I can just see them subbing out a few of the other Reflektor songs (We Exist, Normal Person, Here Comes the Night Time?) for some new stuff and it's pretty good to go.

I'm in the same boat as you on all of this (apart from wanting Flashbulb Eyes to return - Flashbulb Eyes sucks :P). Just can't seem to get excited about seeing them again really and was definitely hoping for new material before the festival. Maybe it's gonna drop right before the festival and surprise us all... but I think that's just me being hopeful and we're gonna get a kind of lame near enough identical to the Reflektor tour setlist.

either drop an album or just a play a classic set list...

please dont play loads of new music nobody has heard! 

Ps. update on Frank Ocean watch. NorthSide Festival: Aarhus, Denmark (June 9) have confirmed he is still playing. Thats 6 days after primavera. Now obviously he may just cancel on everyone last minute, but at least its some good news.

The setlists for Arcade Fire's festivals last summer were pretty much just greatest hits sets rather than focusing on Reflektor so hopefully we'll get something like that with maybe a couple of new ones thrown in. I agree with FloorFiller that Flashbulb Eyes can go, as much as it comes across slightly better live it's probably their worst song imo.