Primavera Sound 2017

Orens

Some really great acts on those stages across the weekend, it will be hard for me to get away from there on the Thursday!

Question for anyone who went last year, was the beach stage busy early in the day? It opens from 12.00pm but there doesn't seem to be much else on around the festival at that time. A lot of good DJs played very early in the day last year, I can't imagine many people hanging around from midday until 6am...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, zero000 said:

Electronic lineup is pretty excellent. Hoping that some of the bigger names play later on in the evening after the headliners. Anyone have any idea if that will be the case?

Yes, absolutely, some overlap but electronic generally start later and the end of the night is only electronic.

Seems like no need to be concerned with Champions League final clashes after last night.

On 11/04/2017 at 11:54 AM, LeFreak said:

Some really great acts on those stages across the weekend, it will be hard for me to get away from there on the Thursday!

Question for anyone who went last year, was the beach stage busy early in the day? It opens from 12.00pm but there doesn't seem to be much else on around the festival at that time. A lot of good DJs played very early in the day last year, I can't imagine many people hanging around from midday until 6am...

We only went early (about 2pm?) once last year and it wasn't hugely busy. Sitting down outside Leon Vynehall with a mojito and then going for a dip in the sea is one of my favourite memories from last year's festival.

I think it's probably the best beach in Barcelona I've been to actually. I've only been to Barceloneta and some other one though to be fair so if anyone has any recommendations they're always welcome.

On 11/04/2017 at 1:42 PM, xxialac said:

Downvoting me for pointing out that King Sunny Ade has been restored to the lineup, having previously been left out of the daylists?

You, my friend, are scum. Subhuman scum.

Yep, I got a downvote for pointing out a primavera sized gap in a bands touring schedule :D Strange behavior!

Somebody mentioned in the Glasto section (and I suppose with only a month left, it was looking increasingly apparent) that Arcade Fire won't be releasing any new material before their tour starts which is pretty lame. People who were already complaining about them being rebooked so soon will have even more reason to complain now. Hope they mix up the setlist a bit.

On the one hand a hits set with a few deeper cuts thrown in would be really fun but I was still hoping for a new album to be out by then. Wouldn't be surprised if they throw one or two new ones into the set anyway. I agree that it seems a worse booking now but I'm still really looking forward to them since it's been 3 years since I last saw them.

if you havnt seen the stuff from reflektor live yet you are still in for a real treat. I saw them last year @ NOS and am perfectly happy even if they dont release new stuff. Obviously new album would be great but doesnt ruin anything for me. 

39 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I dunno - I just struggle to get too excited about a show I've pretty much already seen twice, especially the Reflektor tracks which I still haven't warmed all that much to. Guess I was just hoping for new great album to get me excited about seeing them again.

The setlists last summer was just a mix of everything though wasn't it? From what I remember it was a pretty even spread so I'd take that again this time round.

There haven't been any new names since December. Very unusual - feels like there have always been additions in Feb/March in the past.

With the talk of surprises from Gabi, perhaps these will come at the festival itself?

There will be definitely be some drop-outs - maybe we'll get one final announcement in the next fortnight and simultaneously they can announce a couple of new names.