What are you going to do in summer 2018?

pie_and_a_pint

As it's now confirmed that there's a fallow year in 2018, what are your plans for that summer?

Mr P&P and I are both 40 in 2018, so he's quite relieved about the fallow - he's now allowed to start planning a celebratory 'proper holiday' for that year. I'm not sure there's anywhere in the world that will make up for a whole year without a trip to the farm though... :(

Edited by pie_and_a_pint

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's my 50th that year in January, but I'll be holding a year long bucket list of events. There'll be nothing in June specifically, but we'll hopefully take the van round Spain in Summer. I also should be working elsewhere too, just applied for voluntary redundancy during next year.

I'm actually happy it's a fallow year in a weird way. Obviously I'd be desperate to go every year it was on, but to have a break from the stress of getting tickets and then if you don't get tickets being completely miserable will be lovely.

Being well in to my 30's it probably be time start a family, we've always put it off because there has always been that next Glastonbury in the horizon (or something else similar)

good luck MF, we are also planning our wedding for 2018, and at least we now have an extra weekend to choose from. Mind you, thinking ill probably avoid that weekend, as its bound to pissing down anyway :D

And just to add we are thinking of putting a Glastonbruy Theme to our wedding ;)

Edited by BeddyDriver

1 hour ago, Untz said:

Current vague plan is Mexico/Central America or somewhere in SE Asia for 3 or 4 weeks.

Somewhere hot with good food, basically.

Aye, but the summer is the wet season in both of these regions.  You're basically creating your own personal variation on misery of The Weather Thread, but with guaranteed Nal Conditions.

1 hour ago, BeddyDriver said:

good luck MF, we are also planning our wedding for 2018, and at least we now have an extra weekend to choose from. Mind you, thinking ill probably avoid that weekend, as its bound to pissing down anyway :D

And just to add we are thinking of putting a Glastonbruy Theme to our wedding ;)

Cheers Beddy, and to you! Haha, yea no doubt it would be muddy if we did go with Glastonbury weekend. Wellies required for sure with the suit.

Hoping to do Glastonbury themed one ourselves, currently sifting through ideas. A good band is definite!