What are you going to do in summer 2018?

pie_and_a_pint

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Aye, but the summer is the wet season in both of these regions.  You're basically creating your own personal variation on misery of The Weather Thread, but with guaranteed Nal Conditions.

That's why I'm going.

But seriously, I completely ignored the summer bit of the thread because the real answer probably involves working to compensate for the long holiday taken earlier/later in the year and how can I brag about that? 

1 hour ago, majormajormajor said:

It's just a series of gigs in a car park. Hard to really call it a festival. 

I suppose it is, but I will still be going. For me, it's a week in a beach resort nearby, spending the day on the beach or around the pool, incredibly cheap and efficient transport to and from, cheap tickets and most years a stellar lineup. They've managed to book Radiohead twice in the past 5 years or so.

It's pretty much the opposite of Glastonbury in every way imaginable, but in a way I suppose that is the appeal. Change is as good as a rest and all that.

1 hour ago, TheNewUnion said:

I suppose it is, but I will still be going. For me, it's a week in a beach resort nearby, spending the day on the beach or around the pool, incredibly cheap and efficient transport to and from, cheap tickets and most years a stellar lineup. They've managed to book Radiohead twice in the past 5 years or so.

It's pretty much the opposite of Glastonbury in every way imaginable, but in a way I suppose that is the appeal. Change is as good as a rest and all that.

Totally agree with all that! 

Cart before the horse for me.  I'll worry about what to do in the fallow year once I've managed to get tickets for 2017.  That's not looking good as our most successful ticket getter and I will both be away on T Day.

Quite like the shout of Fujirocks

My backup plan for 2017 (if I don't get tickets) is to go travelling round the Balkans, spending some time in Sarajevo, Zagreb, Belgrade, some of their national parks. If I get a ticket this year then I'll probably bump those plans to 2018. Have also wanted to go to the States and do some of the great american train journeys.

On 9/12/2016 at 8:22 PM, SwedgeAntilles said:

I'll put on my own festival! With blackjack, and hookers!

In fact, forget the blackjack.  And the festival.

I don't mind a year off here and there myself, so not that fussed.  May check out an alternative fest, or even just bugger off to the Lake District!

On 9/12/2016 at 9:37 PM, JoeyT said:

The final Sunday before a fallow year. 

I'm feeling emotional thinking about it :(

I know :(

I usually leave the festival on Monday teatime. I think in 2017 I might stay till at least Tuesday. Make the most of it all :(