• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, SilverLining said:

The XX - Pendulum

Mumford & Sons - Major Lazer

Depeche Mode - Justice

that would do for me. Could go see some other headliners on the mumford day 

Depeche Mode are playing in Belgium in May and its European Tour ends 23th July and then they are heading to North and South America.

I think it will be interesting to see what acts are listed this year. As long as there is not another Rihanna debacle I will be happy.

Much preferred the extended site last year so hope that remains.  

I can certainly see The XX and Mumford and Sons being in the running. I'd like to see Royal Blood on the line up somewhere and maybe something unexpected like Temple of the Dog (I can dream huh). Major Lazer and the Prodigy are about. 

I don't think Rock en Seine  have announced yet, Cheimsee has announced its first wave, Billy Talent and Caspar on it and are playing Highfield - there's been crossover from both to PKP I think in the past . It'll be interesting to see if any Summer Breeze acts end up in the Shelter. 

Ruled out / probably ruled out

Muse, Foo Fighters, Arcade Fire, System of a Down, Radiohead, Linkin Park, Coldplay, Bruno Mars, Justin Bieber, Kings of Leon, Blink 182, Placebo, Rammstein, Guns N Roses, Fleet Foxes, Robbie Williams, U2, Die Antwoord, Justice, Sean Paul, Pixies, TDCC, DJ Snake, Alt J, Nas. Lorde, James Blake, The Lumineers, Dropkick Murphys .

In the mix (announced/heavily rumoured for festivals in mid - late August)–

Eminem, Mumford and Sons, Red Hot Chili Peppers,The XX, Editors, Major Lazer, Prodigy, Kasabian, Foals, Iggy Pop, Elbow, Lana Del Rey, Jamiroquai, The National, The Offspring , Pendulum,  Rise Against, Billy Talent, The Hives, Benjamin Clementine, Ty Seagall, Kygo, Bastille, Andy C, Glass Animals, At the Drive In, Moderat, Wanda, Kraftklub, Bonez MC & Raf Camora, White Lies, Foreign Beggars, Sub Focus, Flume, Ben Klock, Cashmere Cat, Dixon, Mac DeMarco , Mura Masa, Nothing But Thieves, Tove Lo, Car Seat Headrest, London Grammar, Vince Staples, Angel Olsen, Jenny Hval, Maceo Plex, Jon Hopkins, Bicep,  Deadmau5, Eric Prydz , Chk, Chk, Chk (!!!),BADBADNOTGOOD, Richie Hawtin, Adam Beyer , Chris Liebing, Aphex Twin, Bloody Beetroots, Noisia, Gorgon City, Cymbals Eat Guitars, Sigma, Mac De Marco, Julia Jacklin

7 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

@Semprini http://4ad.com/news/20/1/2017/ukandeuropeantourdates

Future Islands for RW. Wouldn't rule them out of Pukkelpop though, also playing Paredes de Coura, which is turning out to be a great line up.

This RW news would normally be bad but think the fact they've been confirmed for that Portuguese festival makes it likely they'll do PKP as well. They were easily my favourite band of the whole weekend in 2015 and I can't believe they wouldn't book them again if they're available. 

Found the last couple of years though that it's the Dour announcements have caused me more upset/annoyance. Gutted they've now got Andy C, Dixon, Kolsch, Kate Tempest and Vitalic, as well as the previously announced Justice, Nina Kraviz and The Black Madonna. Would love to check it out one year but no chance I'd get away with two Belgian festival trips in less than a month!!

Sincerely hope Eric Prydz does the honorable thing and plays this summer. He usually spends July and August in Europe to do Ibiza and some regular festivals like SW4 and Creamfields. He'll definitely be around the weekend of PKP so would love to see him close out the Dance Hall with his new EPIC show.

8 minutes ago, Semprini said:

Looks like we'll get some news next week according to a tweet from Chokri's daughter's. 

R&L announces either Kasabian or Eminem next week as well. Sziget also announcing next week. Coincidence?

Could of course be this...http://www.musictimes.com/articles/65817/20160222/snoop-dogg-teases-kendrick-lamar-eminem-dr-dre-2016-tour-dates.htm

I'm not mad on Eminem but I'd love to see that happen.

15 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Kendrick Lamar is headlining Coachella on his own. Eminem tweeted about his new album coming soon.

Seems like they're carrying on with their personal projects rather than the joint tour mentioned in this article.

16 hours ago, Semprini said:

This RW news would normally be bad but think the fact they've been confirmed for that Portuguese festival makes it likely they'll do PKP as well. They were easily my favourite band of the whole weekend in 2015 and I can't believe they wouldn't book them again if they're available. 

Found the last couple of years though that it's the Dour announcements have caused me more upset/annoyance. Gutted they've now got Andy C, Dixon, Kolsch, Kate Tempest and Vitalic, as well as the previously announced Justice, Nina Kraviz and The Black Madonna. Would love to check it out one year but no chance I'd get away with two Belgian festival trips in less than a month!!

Sincerely hope Eric Prydz does the honorable thing and plays this summer. He usually spends July and August in Europe to do Ibiza and some regular festivals like SW4 and Creamfields. He'll definitely be around the weekend of PKP so would love to see him close out the Dance Hall with his new EPIC show.

Isn't the epic show a European exclusive to his Victoria Park date in london in may?