Pukkelpop 2017

DDave

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Dave for keeping the discussion active responses to the last few posts.

Travel to Brussels from Charleroi:- There is a bus from the far end of outside Charleroi airport that drops you right off outside the train station in Charleroi-Sud, This bus roughly 4 euro. There is a lot of taxi drivers around who will continuously pressure you to get in with them saying its cheaper. It's definitely not. Also, if the machine aren't working which they regularly aren't then you can pay on the bus. We've done it the last two times :)

Solange:- Don't care much for her announcement, I'll be going to see Interpol anyway so hopefully it does divide the crowd up. Pissed about the overlap between Editors/Moderat/XX though.

Happy the road is closed again because i can't imagine the hassle if it werent shut during the festival time. Last year we arrived at 11pm and took us 2 hours roughly to get wristbands due to queuing. I assume this will be the same if we arrive at 12pm?

8 minutes ago, SilverLining said:

Thanks Dave for keeping the discussion active responses to the last few posts.

Travel to Brussels from Charleroi:- There is a bus from the far end of outside Charleroi airport that drops you right off outside the train station in Charleroi-Sud, This bus roughly 4 euro. There is a lot of taxi drivers around who will continuously pressure you to get in with them saying its cheaper. It's definitely not. Also, if the machine aren't working which they regularly aren't then you can pay on the bus. We've done it the last two times :)

Solange:- Don't care much for her announcement, I'll be going to see Interpol anyway so hopefully it does divide the crowd up. Pissed about the overlap between Editors/Moderat/XX though.

Might look at getting the bus to Charleroi Sud this year then, saves 10 euros and may get there a bit quicker.

Solange announcement looks to have gone down reasonably well so far.  Her stuff is good albeit a bit downbeat for me and not sure how it'll transfer to such a big stage. They could have had Iggy which is the most disappointing thing for me.

Still, the last names and no doubt more cancellations and replacements to look forward to :-)

20 hours ago, bss444 said:

I'm landing at Charleroi Airport on 16 afternoon and leaving on Sunday heading to Amsterdam. How do i get the free train ticket between two different train station? (one is obviously in Netherlands). Does anyone have an advice? Thank you very much. Rock on!

With regards to getting to Amsterdam on Sunday, your PKP train ticket will cover you until you reach the Dutch border. Get the train from Hasselt to Antwerp and then change there for Amsterdam. You'll need to buy a ticket in Antwerp from Essen (last station in Belgium) to Amsterdam. The train probably won't stop in Essen but you can still choose to buy a ticket starting from that station - go to a ticket booth in Antwerp if the machines give you any trouble! Can't remember the exact price but it's probably around 25 euros.

Brave move booking Solange, what with her record of cancelling ;) Don't want to tempt fate but aside from today's news it's been a very quiet year by PKP standards on that front. I'm sure there's a logical/technical reason for it but interesting that they've left a massive gap between Ryan Adams and Solange and then only short changeover times for the rest of the night.

1 hour ago, Trufflehound said:

Looking at the timetable I'm guessing she didn't want to overlap with Stormzy.

Yeah, did wonder about that. Think it'll be rammed for Stormzy in Dance Hall but can't see him being that much of a threat to her crowd on Main. Might be because she wants to see him but would have thought she'll spend the time before her set getting ready?

Just booked my travel, after sorting tickets and tokens last week, so I'm all good to go. Not sure why but I haven't felt as excited in the build up this year but something's kicked in the last few days and I can't wait to get over again! I finished work last Friday for 6 weeks so that's probably helped get me into holiday mode!

Planning to watch quite a bit of the Tomorrowland stream this weekend which features a few PKP DJs - Jauz, Oliver Heldens, Sigala, Paul Kalkbrenner, Jackmaster and Kollectiv Turmstrasse. Diynamic, Elrow, Ants and Pryda all hosting stages on the stream, with Dusky and Sasha being the pick of the bunch on Sunday. Currently watching Dimension from Netsky and Friends stage and he's banging it out, would love to have seen him at PKP. Not sure if it's a conscious decision but there doesn't seem to be as much drum and bass on the line up this year? Granted there's 6 DJs and Sigma (not sure if they even count now?) but they're all playing afternoon slots and there's no 'big' names on late at night.

8 minutes ago, Semprini said:

Yeah, did wonder about that. Think it'll be rammed for Stormzy in Dance Hall but can't see him being that much of a threat to her crowd on Main. Might be because she wants to see him but would have thought she'll spend the time before her set getting ready?

Just booked my travel, after sorting tickets and tokens last week, so I'm all good to go. Not sure why but I haven't felt as excited in the build up this year but something's kicked in the last few days and I can't wait to get over again! I finished work last Friday for 6 weeks so that's probably helped get me into holiday mode!

Planning to watch quite a bit of the Tomorrowland stream this weekend which features a few PKP DJs - Jauz, Oliver Heldens, Sigala, Paul Kalkbrenner, Jackmaster and Kollectiv Turmstrasse. Diynamic, Elrow, Ants and Pryda all hosting stages on the stream, with Dusky and Sasha being the pick of the bunch on Sunday. Currently watching Dimension from Netsky and Friends stage and he's banging it out, would love to have seen him at PKP. Not sure if it's a conscious decision but there doesn't seem to be as much drum and bass on the line up this year? Granted there's 6 DJs and Sigma (not sure if they even count now?) but they're all playing afternoon slots and there's no 'big' names on late at night.

thought that was strange about the D'n'B too. Friday I'll be at the Boiler Room majority of the day yet on the Thursday i'll probably not be there at all. This year it seems i'll be mostly sticking to a few of the stages all weekend whereas last i was all over the place.

Not complaining about the line-up though.

1 hour ago, Semprini said:

Booked my ticket the other night. It's not an outstanding line up for me but my schedule is pretty much full all the way through apart from a pretty empty hour between 11-12pm on the Saturday so can't grumble at all really. Proper lack of good headliners/subs for me this year but that's counterbalanced by the 2manydj's and AVH v Jackmaster sets which are right up my street and perfectly timed so in reality they are my headliners this year. Really looking forward to it now. 

Friday is now my best day followed by Thursday and Saturday.

There are 3 spaces to fill from what I can see, the Thursday Club spot at around 4.30pm  - and the Main and Marquee openers on the Friday.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

Hi all, 

I too am a newbie to this festival, excited about the lineup and have enjoyed reading this thread over the last couple of weeks :) 

I've a couple of questions:

for anyone that's camped recently, with them saying there's no glass bottled allowed in the campsite, do they actually search your bags for bottles? 

Also, the food / drinks tokens, are they worth getting? 

2 minutes ago, leveller5 said:

Hi all, 

I too am a newbie to this festival, excited about the lineup and have enjoyed reading this thread over the last couple of weeks :) 

I've a couple of questions:

for anyone that's camped recently, with them saying there's no glass bottled allowed in the campsite, do they actually search your bags for bottles? 

Also, the food / drinks tokens, are they worth getting? 

1. Don't know

2. Yeah they are. If you are planning on eating and drinking there, which most people do then it's cheaper to get them online. It's all the tokens anyway. You can buy them from a kiosk there - 5 tokens for 15 euros. One token is roughly half a pint.

3 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

It's not an outstanding line up for me but my schedule is pretty much full all the way through apart from a pretty empty hour between 11-12pm on the Saturday so can't grumble at all really.

That's easily solved - gotta be Marshmello all the way!!! Not only will you love his music Dave, he's got a mask that lights up and everything! Think Paul Kalkbrenner will be well worth a look as it's a mix of the music that got him into it in the first place. Failing that, I'll drag you along to Ben UFO in the Castello as he's an amazing DJ.

So, now the line up is pretty much complete and the timetable is in place, who's your absolute top 3 each day?

Thursday: 1) Maceo Plex   2) The Naked and Famous   3) Moderat

Friday: 1) Bjarki   2) Rodhad    3) Richie Hawtin

Saturday: 1) D.D Dumbo   2) AVH b2b Jackmaster   3) Kiani and his Legion

leveller5: second what Dave has said - if you can, get tokens online before you go. They're cheaper and you will need them in the arena as it's not that easy to smuggle booze in. As you're camping, you can buy some of your food and drink on the street outside so you won't be totally reliant on the more expensive options in the arena (stalls outside are all cash). They usually stop the online sale of tokens around the start of August so wouldn't leave it too long if you want to get some. Also not sure if they give any warning about exactly when this is?

25 minutes ago, Semprini said:

That's easily solved - gotta be Marshmello all the way!!! Not only will you love his music Dave, he's got a mask that lights up and everything! Think Paul Kalkbrenner will be well worth a look as it's a mix of the music that got him into it in the first place. Failing that, I'll drag you along to Ben UFO in the Castello as he's an amazing DJ.

So, now the line up is pretty much complete and the timetable is in place, who's your absolute top 3 each day?

Thursday: 1) Maceo Plex   2) The Naked and Famous   3) Moderat

Friday: 1) Bjarki   2) Rodhad    3) Richie Hawtin

Saturday: 1) D.D Dumbo   2) AVH b2b Jackmaster   3) Kiani and his Legion

Top 3 for me

Thursday

XX - Ryan Adams - Cypress Hill

Friday

Flaming Lips - 2manydjs - Julia Jacklin

Saturday

AVH/Jackmaster - Car Seat Headrest - Afghan Whigs (really struggled to get a top 3 here!)

Found my second gap, between 6.45-7.45pm on the Saturday. just so happens Stoke are beating, I mean playing Arsenal around that time :-)

8 hours ago, leveller5 said:

Thanks Dave and Semprini for the info. Are tokens for both drink and food? And how many for a standard meal? 

Think its 3 tokens for a meal/burger. I ate most of my food from the street vendors and will probably do so again. The festival is held around a residential area and a lot of the homeowners turn their front gardens into food stalls for the weekend. It's very nice food and a lot cheaper than inside the festival.

9 hours ago, SilverLining said:

Thurs: Moderat - The XX - Cypress Hill

Fri: Flaming Lips - Mr Oizo - 2manydj's

Sat: The Subs (Classics Set) - Delta Heavy - Flume

Definitely want to check out some of that Subs set. Will probably see the first hour as not going to miss H09909.

Wonder when we'll get the map? Aside from the final few acts that's pretty much all we're missing now.

1 hour ago, Semprini said:

Definitely want to check out some of that Subs set. Will probably see the first hour as not going to miss H09909.

Wonder when we'll get the map? Aside from the final few acts that's pretty much all we're missing now.

Yeah the ambiguity of what a 'classics set' can comprise of is the real draw there also the subs produced some absolute bangers during the bloghaus/electro era.

On 29-7-2017 at 11:35 PM, Semprini said:

The map is online! 

https://www.pukkelpop.be/en/plan/

pkp17.festivalsite.pdf

Edited by Michael18