Pukkelpop 2017

DDave

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Let's hope it's a similar situation to Run the Jewels when PKP announced they'd cancelled the whole tour but it turned out to just be their date. I don't really mean that from my own perspective (as I'm not that fussed about him) but he's a big name and this kind of thing always reflects badly on the festival, even when it's out of their control. However, if they replace him with someone I like then that's a different matter ;)

3 hours ago, Semprini said:

Let's hope it's a similar situation to Run the Jewels when PKP announced they'd cancelled the whole tour but it turned out to just be their date. I don't really mean that from my own perspective (as I'm not that fussed about him) but he's a big name and this kind of thing always reflects badly on the festival, even when it's out of their control. However, if they replace him with someone I like then that's a different matter ;)

Yeah, but Haven KBH confirmed on their FB yesterday morning that Chance canceled all his EU dates, not one. PKP came with that announcement in the late afternoon and made another one in the evening. I just think they're trying to get him back whilst it clearly isn't possible by Haven's words. I'm honestly hoping for Frank Ocean to replace him right now. Knowing Ocean is that he'd want a high spot (which he can get) and that he isn't to excited with touring a lot (which is no problem I think with 4 additional dates from Chance?) 

Only thing is that Chance and Frank are both announced for Way Out West so idk what'd go up with that + that Way Out West didn't confirm the cancellation as they were with PKP and Haven KBH.

Last thing, I honestly think Foals is set as sub for Saturday tho :P 

Hmm. Nothing outstanding which is a shame. I was convinced Mura Masa was already on the bill tbh.

So 157 names so far. Shelter is definitely dead and buried. Personally I'm expecting a slimmer line up than last year - I reckon only about another 30-40 names maximum. Looks like the booth will be back given some of the names there.

Fingers crossed for a good replacement for Chance although Thursday is already by far the best day and maybe we'll get some of bands from RW as well.

2 minutes ago, bluenova said:

Would Mura Masa fit that slot?

No. The website says they are still looking for a replacement. Mura Masa will be in the Dance Hall I'd imagine.

The organisers seem to be on very good terms with Snoop Dogg. Wouldn't surprise me to see him as the replacement.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

Just now, bluenova said:

Ah. No doubt someone equally wishy washy :)

Pukkelpop's not got a great record for replacements, so you may be right!

As a side note - days by number of acts - 

Wednesday - 3 

Thursday - 51

Friday - 52

Saturday - 51

For those who were still hoping (foolishly dreaming like me) for the Gorillaz. They just announced a show in Vorst in november 2017, so definitely ruled out. 

Those new names...I can't believe that Pukkelpop seems to be missing out on Foals for the second year in a row. They're around and available. If they'd booked them , you'd think they would have been announced by now? No use in waiting? 

Edited by DaveRSV4

6 minutes ago, DaveRSV4 said:

foolishly dreaming

If you really were foolishly dreaming, then you could also pretend that they wanted to make sure their tour sold out first before announcing festival dates. Given that the UK pre-sale involves you having to buy their album, there's another reason to dream. Depends if you like to dream ;)

I think someone mentioned Rock Werchter crossovers being held back last year. Is it likely that's the only source of any big(gish) names left? Still gives the dreamer a good few options!

14 minutes ago, DaveRSV4 said:

For those who were still hoping (foolishly dreaming like me) for the Gorillaz. They just announced a show in Vorst in november 2017, so definitely ruled out. 

And the prices are just criminal, honestly..

Anyways, updated the clashfinder https:///s/pkp2017 , I don't Mura Masa will be in the Dancehall. You already have a shitload of hiphoppers in there and where would you put for example Stormzy or Vince Staples. Robert Hood with his vinyl set and Moderat are, I think, set for the Dancehall so idk. Maybe they can put him in the Marquee but that is also already full with high spots so a late night spot against The xx in Club seems the most logical to me?

5 minutes ago, bluenova said:

If you really were foolishly dreaming, then you could also pretend that they wanted to make sure their tour sold out first before announcing festival dates. Given that the UK pre-sale involves you having to buy their album, there's another reason to dream. Depends if you like to dream ;)

I think someone mentioned Rock Werchter crossovers being held back last year. Is it likely that's the only source of any big(gish) names left? Still gives the dreamer a good few options!

I mentionned the Wechter crossovers earlier ;) but last year Werchter didn't sell out except for saturday-tickets. That's why they waited so long. This year: saturday-,sunday- and combi-tickets are already sold out now. Friday tickets almost sold out. So, there's hardly any reason to wait for possible (big) crossovers to be announced at this moment. Still, I keep on dreaming..but no longer of Gorillaz :P

Edited by DaveRSV4

6 minutes ago, DaveRSV4 said:

So, there's hardly any reason to wait for possible (big) crossovers to be announced at this moment.

If you did want to dream - the fact that so far no-one remotely big appears on both line-ups could be a nice straw to clutch at.

10 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

a Will Smith GIF is topping the email sent by PKP annoucing their new names...

So it does.

That can't be a coincidence, surely. Especially after the number of times I've tweeted them to book him!

Few decent names there for me - Clark (who will be in the Castello), Delta Heavy, Hannah Faith and Konna will all be worth a look. Top of the list though is Kiani and his Legion - amazing set last year and hopefully he'll close out the festival again. 

The Booth will 100% be there as some of the organisers have already mentioned it on Facebook posts. As for the other stages, agree about the Shelter's demise so they should just come out and say as much. Guess they may make an announcement in a month or so with all the new ideas/areas for this year.

No chance for Arcade Fire or anyone of that stature I'm afraid - they're at least on par with Mumfords and RW/PKP don't share headliners. Really hoping we get Future Islands, especially as they're doing Lowlands. Mura Masa is an interesting one as he's headlining Klub C at RW. He was down to play around 5pm in the Marquee last year before he cancelled (I remember this because we were due to clash, which is probably why he decided not to turn up!) but it's not obvious where he'll go this time? He's definitely more popular now but the Marquee looks set on Thursday (Interpol and PJ Harvey - unless he plays a late night closing slot?) and the Dance Hall has Moderat and possibly Sigma, with the recent trend being DJ's to finish (Oliver Heldens is likely). He's too big for Club, doesn't fit the Castello and would be wasted on Main so that only really leaves the other two. There's a few like that on Thursday so already bracing myself for the inevitable evening/night time clashes.

DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince would be an absolute master stroke so hope they pull it off. Actually saw Jazzy Jeff in the Boiler the first year we went and he was superb. Tent was rammed and he wheeled out loads of classics - was a great festival set and very different from anything else I heard that weekend!

Danny Brown, Beth Ditto, The Black Lips & Satellite Stories announced for Flow.

DB was an awesome time in the Dance Hall in 2013. Definitely eager to see him again post his newest album, which is by far his darkest and most introspective material.