Pukkelpop 2017

DDave

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Semprini said:

Maybe we're getting one a day from now on? ;)

Or perhaps it's another self-confirmation that shouldn't have happened....

Normally if it's a self confirmation, it's normally not announced by the organisers until the next batch of names though.

True, but if it's already out there then I guess they would look a bit stupid if they ignored it. Might be a new policy/approach but hasn't happened much this year tbf. The PKP inner circle are all currently at SXSW so maybe it's down to whoever they've left in charge?

RW had to do the same with Alt-j this year whe they self-confirmed the morning of the usual Friday afternoon announcement. 

Hoping this means we'll get a batch of names next week. Will be 4 weeks since the first one. 

14 hours ago, Semprini said:

Hoping this means we'll get a batch of names next week. Will be 4 weeks since the first one. 

Fingers crossed! I'm personally dying for some new names. Tickets in pocket but not much for me in the first batch. Definitely looking forward to seeing what Club/Castello/Booth has in store this year.

More amazing artists join the Flow Festival lineup! Next August, English electronic duo Goldfrapp, one of the most interesting experimental hip hop ensembles in the world Death Grips and cult indie rock favourite The Afghan Whigs will play Flow Festival. Other new acts are Front 242, Silvana Imam, Astrid Swan, Gasellit and Kube as well as the 20th anniversary extravaganza for Finland's premier hip hop label Monsp Records Oy, featuring Ruudolf, Karri Koira, MC Notkea Rotta, Eevil Stöö, JVG, Kube, Loost Koos, Kemmuru, DJ Kridlokk, Ritarikunta, Likanen Etelä, SMC Lähiörotat (virallinen sivu), Stepa and Tuuttimörkö, among others.

Goldfrapp would be great. Off to see her, Future Islands and Sparks tomorrow.

7 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

More amazing artists join the Flow Festival lineup! Next August, English electronic duo Goldfrapp, one of the most interesting experimental hip hop ensembles in the world Death Grips and cult indie rock favourite The Afghan Whigs will play Flow Festival. Other new acts are Front 242, Silvana Imam, Astrid Swan, Gasellit and Kube as well as the 20th anniversary extravaganza for Finland's premier hip hop label Monsp Records Oy, featuring Ruudolf, Karri Koira, MC Notkea Rotta, Eevil Stöö, JVG, Kube, Loost Koos, Kemmuru, DJ Kridlokk, Ritarikunta, Likanen Etelä, SMC Lähiörotat (virallinen sivu), Stepa and Tuuttimörkö, among others.

Goldfrapp would be great. Off to see her, Future Islands and Sparks tomorrow.

Can I have Afghan Wigs please? :)

Really hope we get Front 242, been a big fan of them for quite a while now. Think there's a strong possibility because they're obviously around, haven't played PKP for years and are also Belgian.

Watching the Future Islands stream from 6 music festival - almost forgotten how great they are. Will be gutted if they don't play but think there's a good chance as they're at other festivals that weekend and are also pretty low down the RW bill. Speaking of which, I'm really happy with that line up as there's virtually no one I'm disappointed about 'losing' to them. There's normally at least 5 bands that I'd love to see at PKP on the RW bill but that's not the case this year. 

Not huge news but picked up this week that Dan Shake will be playing late in the Booth on Friday. Can't wait to see what they do with that stage this summer. Tbf they could leave it as it was and I'd be more than happy.

Wishful thinking on my part as I'm not optimistic at all they'll be announced but can't wait to watch a live stream of 808 State tomorrow from Printworks in London. They're one of the main reasons I got into dance music in the first place and I've only ever seen them live once. Ideal band for the Castello and them on their own would pretty much make the festival for me.

Roll on next week and hopefully some new names!

Was a bit bored the other night so decided to have a crack at allocating the acts to stages. Not saying this is necessarily the order they'll all play but tried to organise it that way where possible. Could easily swap some of the smaller bands between the Marquee and Club but much of it is guess work so happy for people to pick it apart!! :)

Thursday

Main                          Marquee                           Dance Hall

The xx                       PJ Harvey                          Moderat
Editors                       Interpol                              Robert Hood
Chance the Rapper   The Naked and Famous    Denzel Curry
Sigma                                                                  Vince Staples
Cypress Hill                                                         Stikstof
                                                                            Watsky

Boiler Room                  Club                             Castello

Dave Clark                      Mac Demarco               Joy Orbison
Ben Klock                        Ty Segall                       Gerd Janson & Prins Thomas
Len Faki                          Intergalactic Lovers       Petit Biscuit
Amelie Lens                                                          Abra
Kollectiv Turmstrasse
Sigala

Booth

Tornado Wallace
Beautiful Swimmers

Friday

Main                         Marquee                  Dance Hall

Parov Stelar              Elbow                       Ritchie Hawtin
Bastille                      Flaming Lips            Boyz Noise
London Grammar     George Ezra            Fakear
Tove Lo                     Black Lips 
Clean Bandit             Walking on Cars
                                  Palace

Boiler room             Club                       Castello

Oliver Heldens         Perfume Genius      Rodhad
Mr Oizo                    Oh Wonder             Bjarki
What So Not            Julia Jacklin            Mind Against
Macky Gee               Sven Alias              Mount Kimbie
Mefjus                      Newmoon

Booth

Dan Shake

Saturday

Main                          Marquee                       Dance Hall

Flume                         Paul Kalkbrenner          Dub FX    
Mumford and Sons     Band of Horses            Bakermat
At the Drive In             Car Seat Headrest       Migos
Rise Against                First Aid Kit
Billy Talent                   Badbadnotgood
The Pretty Reckless

Boiler Room             Club                     Castello

Marshmello                Bears Den            Ben UFO
Fritz Kalkbernner       Shame                 Cashmere Cat
                                   Moose Blood         Death Grips

A couple of possible variations: Black Lips might headline the Club on Friday. ATDI could close the Marquee on Saturday with Paul Kalkbrenner in the Dance Hall.

8 hours ago, johnybegood said:

(selling is going slowler than in the past years)

Is it? Thought it was even slower last year, but I could be wrong. If Frank Ocean comes, then Im just gonna buy my ticket straight away, in the hope I don't have to do my exams again in August :unsure:

19 hours ago, Semprini said:

Was a bit bored the other night so decided to have a crack at allocating the acts to stages.

Honestly love that actually someone took the time to make something like that. Made a clashfinder long time ago for the line up but this seems good and nice to compare aswell. I don't know what to expect from Club/Castello since they kinda put the same sort of acts there so ya. 

Thursday; With probably a vinyl set, Robert Hood seems more logical in Dancehall than Boiler, yes. Petit Biscuit is probs to small to open the Dancehall aswell, so Castello/Club seems more logical. Joy Orbison as late night act (2-4?)

Friday; Tove Lo has been put on mainstages since recently, she seriously has the power/voice but I don't think that'd work that well idk. Clean Bandit were in the Dancehall a few years ago, don't know why they should get an upgrade. Don't think their popularity has risen since that one hit Rather Be, but I could be wrong. The rest seems all very okay, though I'd put Sven Alias in the Dancehall since that's going to be a more hip hop/rap stage in the near future, I think (idk, think they're headed that way)

Saturday; As you said, and probably will happen is that Paul Kalkbrenner will be in Dancehall whilst At The Drive In is in Marquee. Band Of Horses not on the mainstage? If Bakermat does a DJset, he'd be in the Boiler just like Kygo a few years ago if it's a Liveset then he'd go in Dancehall. But it'll probs be a DJset idk. Cashmere Cat could go in Dancehall though, he's a bit to big for Castello. Also Bear's Den has gotten very big here in Belgium, Im expecting them on Marquee or Main..

Ill probs change some things bc you did a hella good job :D 

16 minutes ago, arcuse said:

Is it? Thought it was even slower last year, but I could be wrong. If Frank Ocean comes, then Im just gonna buy my ticket straight away, in the hope I don't have to do my exams again in August :unsure:

I remember that 2 and 3 years ago, half of the combitickets were sold in just a week or less... 

Don't know if this festival has been mentioned in the above speculations, but definitely some names I wouldn't mind seeing at PKP this summer. Motor City Drum Ensemble, Roman Flügel, Mall Grab and DJ Seinfeld definitely options for Club/Castello, even early Boiler Room slots.

de-0816-942429-0-front.jpg

On 3/27/2017 at 6:50 PM, arcuse said:

Honestly love that actually someone took the time to make something like that. Made a clashfinder long time ago for the line up but this seems good and nice to compare aswell. I don't know what to expect from Club/Castello since they kinda put the same sort of acts there so ya. 

Thursday; With probably a vinyl set, Robert Hood seems more logical in Dancehall than Boiler, yes. Petit Biscuit is probs to small to open the Dancehall aswell, so Castello/Club seems more logical. Joy Orbison as late night act (2-4?)

Friday; Tove Lo has been put on mainstages since recently, she seriously has the power/voice but I don't think that'd work that well idk. Clean Bandit were in the Dancehall a few years ago, don't know why they should get an upgrade. Don't think their popularity has risen since that one hit Rather Be, but I could be wrong. The rest seems all very okay, though I'd put Sven Alias in the Dancehall since that's going to be a more hip hop/rap stage in the near future, I think (idk, think they're headed that way)

Saturday; As you said, and probably will happen is that Paul Kalkbrenner will be in Dancehall whilst At The Drive In is in Marquee. Band Of Horses not on the mainstage? If Bakermat does a DJset, he'd be in the Boiler just like Kygo a few years ago if it's a Liveset then he'd go in Dancehall. But it'll probs be a DJset idk. Cashmere Cat could go in Dancehall though, he's a bit to big for Castello. Also Bear's Den has gotten very big here in Belgium, Im expecting them on Marquee or Main..

Ill probs change some things bc you did a hella good job :D 

Haha, cheers - needed to do something to pass the time before the next announcement!! :lol:

Yeah, don't disagree with any of your alternative suggestions. Clean Bandit recently had a big no. 1 here in the UK with Sean De Paul so thought a late afternoon slot on Main might be justified. Robert Hood and Bakermat are both listed as 'live' so that's why I've gone for Dance Hall rather than Boiler. Might all change tomorrow though!

Picked up some info today that suggests we'll wake up to the names, same as last time. Reckon we'll get about 30-40 and should know one way or the other about the fate of the Shelter.

Reckon Shit Patrol will sub M&S to top off a really w*nk year for the main stage.

Fingers crossed the Lemon Twigs will be announced. Saw em tonight  for the second time and they really are fucking amazing. 

Edited by DiscothequeDave