Pukkelpop 2017

DDave

40 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

I sent an email this morning to info@pukkelpop.be asking if  this year there will be a Shelter Stage. They answered me that they can't confirm now that this stage will exist. 

Since I saw the announcemet, I am pretty sure that Shelter Stage is dead (zero shelter bands announed for thursday and friday). Let's see how do they re-arrange the stages, because for sure there will be changes.

Didn't get a reply on twitter either when I asked about this before. Looks like the Shelter is no more. 

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

I sent an email this morning to info@pukkelpop.be asking if  this year there will be a Shelter Stage. They answered me that they can't confirm now that this stage will exist. 

Since I saw the announcemet, I am pretty sure that Shelter Stage is dead (zero shelter bands announed for thursday and friday). Let's see how do they re-arrange the stages, because for sure there will be changes.

Would be gutted if this was the case... 

3 minutes ago, Stef_P82 said:

Would be gutted if this was the case... 

Same here. It was my favourite stage. I can't imagine Pukkelepop without Shelter Stage. Last year it was almost packed during all the shows I went. I don't understand that decision.

Eppo, the festival booker, loves punk, hardcore and rock music, so I don't know what is happening.

Edited by johnybegood

Glad to see nearly everyone on here is happy with the first announcement - been a few years since I can remember that happening!! 

I actually felt quite underwhelmed and a bit disappointed when I first saw the line up this morning but I'm more positive about it now. Was really hoping for something a bit different and that's one of the main issues I think I had/have - there's very little there that we weren't expecting. That's got to be the safest set of headliners I've ever seen but I understand it will appeal to plenty of people so that's what's important. 

Undercard is already very strong but I'm more concerned by some of the names we haven't had, rather than the ones we have. Can't see where Pendulum will now fit in and there's no room for any of the Main stage dance closers that were rumoured (the Prodigy, Netsky, Deadmau5). I'm not a huge fan of Parov or Flume so probably won't spend any time at the Main after dark. Think we may also have all the Dance Hall headliners - Moderat, Boys Noize and Paul Kalkbrenner - so what does that mean for Aphex Twin? He could still play Saturday if PK goes in the Marquee like last time but thought he would have been in the first announcement.

Thursday is stacked for me, the run of Amelie Lens, Len Faki, Ben Klock and Dave Clark in the Boiler will be mental, and there's a good few I'm looking forward to seeing on the other two days. Keep reminding myself that this is only about 1/3 of the line up so expect there to be the usual scenario of 'too much to see' by the time it's complete!

If you click on 'history' on the website and then choose a year you can see who is a repeat booking. Only Amelie Lens so far from last year but biggest number is from 2015.

Will be surprised if they do get rid of the Shelter. I've never spent enough time there to comment on how busy it is but that style of music is an important part of the festival. If it does go then it will be in stark contrast to the popularity of dance music, which now makes up nearly half of the 10 stages.

Agreed about the main stage. Apart from Cypress Hill I can't see me troubling it at all just yet. 

I can't see Saturday's tickets flying out the door so would hope for a strong sub and hopefully someone new to Pukkelpop. A Jamiroquai, The Killers or even someone like Pink would even do.

We'll probably get QOTSA, or Snow Patrol again though.

Still plenty of Marquee bands to go on the Friday and Saturday which gives me hope given the strength of the ones already announced.

I really hope the Shelter doesn't disappear. Though didn't it evolve from another stage? 

It would make it a very different festival without the inclusion of that stage and associated acts I think. 

Boardmasters announced more names this morning - http://www.boardmasters.co.uk/lineup

Names include pkp crossovers but also some that could be announced in a second tranche for pkp. Frank Turner for instance. 

Clashfinder (though in my ignorance I'm not sure how it's information is generated) has this - http:///m/pkp2017/?user=09phvk.xl

Edited by dottles
Added info

Like last year, little bit disappointed by the amount of "rock"-names on the bill at this moment. All headliners are indie, pop, folk or dance-orientated. Thought Foals was a certainty (really hope PKP doesn't fail to book them two years in a row) and hoped for QOTSA and Ryan Adams. Maybe next announcement Foals and Ryan are added. QOTSA are ruled out cause all headliners are already known and QOTSA won't sub at PKP.  Also strange that Techno is dominating Boilerroom on thursday (Amelie Lens, Ben Klock, Len Faki and turntable-wizzard Dave Clarke), but not so on friday and saturday. Still hoping for Adam Beyer or Chris Liebing or Richie Hawtin. 

3 hours ago, dottles said:

I really hope the Shelter doesn't disappear. Though didn't it evolve from another stage? 

It would make it a very different festival without the inclusion of that stage and associated acts I think. 

Boardmasters announced more names this morning - http://www.boardmasters.co.uk/lineup

Names include pkp crossovers but also some that could be announced in a second tranche for pkp. Frank Turner for instance. 

Clashfinder (though in my ignorance I'm not sure how it's information is generated) has this - http:///m/pkp2017/?user=09phvk.xl

That Clashfinder is quite a bit out. Only 1 act in the Castello over all 3 days so far. Also Band of Horses will be Marquee and I think Mac De Marco will be Club. I have Flaming Lips closing the marquee after Elbow for a bit of a party.

About Paul Kalkbrenner: do we think it will only be his 'back tot the future' mixtapes? On the poster it just says Paul Kalkbrenner but the site mentions it's his back to the future stuff. Thought those mixtapes were only for small club shows (what I hope). Still have fond memories of 2013 in the Marquee so something similar would make me happy.

6 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

That Clashfinder is quite a bit out. Only 1 act in the Castello over all 3 days so far. Also Band of Horses will be Marquee and I think Mac De Marco will be Club. I have Flaming Lips closing the marquee after Elbow for a bit of a party.

I made that clashfinder, just as a wild guess.. I just think overall it's a bit empty or nah? Band Of Horses were very fun on the mainstage at RW last year and I'd see them doing it back again at PKP but ya Marquee is possible. Mac DeMarco's popularity is grown a lot since his last time (I mean look at where he's on the bill at Coachella for example?) The Flaming Lips were in Roma right a few weeks ago? How are they ever a Marquee closer when they play on such small stage here (1,5k ppl)?

52 minutes ago, arcuse said:

I made that clashfinder, just as a wild guess.. I just think overall it's a bit empty or nah? Band Of Horses were very fun on the mainstage at RW last year and I'd see them doing it back again at PKP but ya Marquee is possible. Mac DeMarco's popularity is grown a lot since his last time (I mean look at where he's on the bill at Coachella for example?) The Flaming Lips were in Roma right a few weeks ago? How are they ever a Marquee closer when they play on such small stage here (1,5k ppl)?

Just because they would close it, doesn't mean they would headline it. They were on from 1-2 am last time they played.  A bigger band can play before them and still 'headline' the tent.

I hope they play earlier personally, I was tremendously worse for wear when they last played.

I expect Mac De Marco to headline the Club in between Interpol and Pollys sets in the Marquee so it would run - Ty Seagall (club) Interpol (Marquee) MDM (Club) PJ Harvey (Marquee) 

For what it's worth: Was listening today to the Pukkelpop 2017 official playlist on spotify and noticed that Tale of Us was on it, but they weren't part of the first batch of 79 names. Could be a mistake because they played in the castello last year and PKP doesn't tend to book the same artists 2 years in a row. Wouldn't mind it though, if Tale of Us were to return. All the other names on the playlist are part of the first announcement. 

13 minutes ago, DaveRSV4 said:

For what it's worth: Was listening today to the Pukkelpop 2017 official playlist on spotify and noticed that Tale of Us was on it, but they weren't part of the first batch of 79 names. Could be a mistake because they played in the castello last year and PKP doesn't tend to book the same artists 2 years in a row. Wouldn't mind it though, if Tale of Us were to return. All the other names on the playlist are part of the first announcement. 

I made this presumption a few years back with a Guy Gerber & Dixon track on a Flow Festival playlist, thinking the former was yet to be announced. Astral is a track they made with Mind Against, who was in the first batch of names. Tale of Us would be awesome though.

Edited by tczy
sp

19 hours ago, tczy said:

I made this presumption a few years back with a Guy Gerber & Dixon track on a Flow Festival playlist, thinking the former was yet to be announced. Astral is a track they made with Mind Against, who was in the first batch of names. Tale of Us would be awesome though.

Ok, didn't know that, thx for clearing that out! It makes sense and is also visible on the Mind Against-info on the PKP-site. Makes Tale of Us not likely for PKP2017. Hoped for second chance, because last year I chose to go see LCD Soundsystem in stead of Tale of Us. 

Edited by DaveRSV4

Hi All!

Looking for some info from people who have been in recent years. The official site says no alcohol is allowed to be brought into the campsite, has this been a thing for long and do they reinforce this?

My last time at Pukkelpop was '09.

Back then I went solo but found some cool people on a forum to form a camp with and I'm hoping to do the same this year. Are there separate threads for that or is this one a free-for-all? 

P.S. I love the detective work you guys are doing ;)

53 minutes ago, SWErik said:

Hi All!

Looking for some info from people who have been in recent years. The official site says no alcohol is allowed to be brought into the campsite, has this been a thing for long and do they reinforce this?

My last time at Pukkelpop was '09.

Back then I went solo but found some cool people on a forum to form a camp with and I'm hoping to do the same this year. Are there separate threads for that or is this one a free-for-all? 

P.S. I love the detective work you guys are doing ;)

Concerning food and drinks: it's allowed to bring food and drinks to the campingsite (if you're older then 18). That's well described in the dutch version on the official PKP-site-reglementations. That link doesn't work in the English version.  But, no worries about alcohol ;) 

5 minutes ago, DaveRSV4 said:

Concerning food and drinks: it's allowed to bring food and drinks to the campingsite (if you're older then 18). That's well described in the dutch version on the official PKP-site-reglementations. That link doesn't work in the English version.  But, no worries about alcohol ;) 

That's so wierd, I read it just today that alcohol wasn't allowed, but you are right the English page seems to be gone now.

1 minute ago, bluenova said:

Is it possible that you saw the info for the "Festival site" rather than camping. That clearly does say "Bringing your own alcohol to the festival site is strictly prohibited".

I'm guessing they are two different places?

You are probably right.

Ticket bought so no matter what I'll find out first hand once I get there.

12 minutes ago, SWErik said:

You are probably right.

Ticket bought so no matter what I'll find out first hand once I get there.

Clearly indicated on the site (even in English version): bringing alcohol to the festivalsite is prohibited. But, (and this isn't visible in the english version however clearly stated in the Dutch version) it's allowed to bring alcohol to the campingsite, which is located on the other side of road (Kempische steenweg), is allowed if you're older than 18. Trust me ;)

Edited by DaveRSV4