Pukkelpop 2017

DDave

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, Trufflehound said:

Pleased about PJ Harvey. Been waiting over 20 years to see her.

In all a reasonable announcement for me. Bigger names I can safely ignore so hopefully I won't have to go to the Main too often (although there may be some discussions with Mrs T about Mumfords and Elbow). A few middle-sized names I love (PJ Harvey, Interpol, First Aid Kit). Some smaller ones i need to check out (Car Seat Headrest), and plenty I've not heard of to investigate in the coming months. 

Check out Julia Jacklin. Really good album. Off to see her on Thursday.

9 minutes ago, arteet said:

Quite like the line up overall.

Where do you think London Grammar will be?

This will be my first Pukkelpop :-) Any advice / tips etc welcome? 

Going to stay in Hasselt as already doing a few other festivals so making this one abit more comfortable :-)

Have a few beers in Hasselt. Great city.

Get the train to the site (every hour) and the shuttle bus back.

And have fun!

London Grammar are on the main.

What a lack of info this year. In the past year we received an email talking about the bands confirmed with some hints about stages os closing acts (last year they confirmed that Oscar And THe Wolf were closing the Main Stage on Saturday). This year email is so poor with no info about the bands or about the festival.

Maybe a bit of improvisation? 

Thursday -    TBC / Editors / The XX

Fri -               Elbow / Bastille / Parov Stelar

Sat -             TBC / Mumford & Sons / Flume

Is how I see it, unless they swap Elbow for London Grammar (LG seem to be bigger font size) and throw in Chance the Rapper and Rise Against or At the Drive In as subs on the Thursday/Saturday respectively.

Announcement has been largely positive from what I've seen on social media. 

16 minutes ago, SilverLining said:

anywhere ur getting stage splits from Dave or all just educated guesswork??

I personally don't care about the headliners which is great as last year spent some time at the main at night, the undercard is super strong though so i'll definitely be buying a ticket as soon as available.

http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/cultuur%2Ben%2Bmedia/muziek/1.2896991

Translation says that Chance is 'ahead of Editors and the XX so I assume he's a sub.

6 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/cultuur%2Ben%2Bmedia/muziek/1.2896991

Translation says that Chance is 'ahead of Editors and the XX so I assume he's a sub.

Translation says he'll be playing just before Editors en the XX.

-> Chance - Editors - The XX

Any reason why you're placing Parov Stelar as closer on Friday?

edit: never mind: says so in the article.

Edited by Stef_P82

40 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Thursday -    TBC / Editors / The XX

Fri -               Elbow / Bastille / Parov Stelar

Sat -             TBC / Mumford & Sons / Flume

I suppose they'll be announcing a closing act for Thursday later? Or would the XX be the closing act?

14 minutes ago, Stef_P82 said:

I suppose they'll be announcing a closing act for Thursday later? Or would the XX be the closing act?

The XX are closers. 

Elbow are in the Marquee. Which either means London Grammar are sub for Bastille or there's a sub yet to be announced. If they are announced for V or R&L my money would be on Twenty One Pilots.

4 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

The XX are closers. 

Elbow are in the Marquee. Which either means London Grammar are sub for Bastille or there's a sub yet to be announced. If they are announced for V or R&L my money would be on Twenty One Pilots.

Apparently 21P won't be in Europe during August.

Any chance there's still a headliner to come?

5 minutes ago, Noeliam said:

Apparently 21P won't be in Europe during August.

Any chance there's still a headliner to come?

Can't see it. That would mean relegating Bastille and they've already been announced as headliners. 2 subs is the best we can hope for but going off what Chokri said in that interview it'll be someone like Ellie Goulding or 21P

due to RW line up though having a really strong undercard is definitely a better decision this year than just stacking the top of the bill

Ive changed the line-up to include everyone i either know about/can be bothered to see and underlined my must see's. not honestly bothered about mumfords etc but at least i know a few songs.

PKP me.png

Sorry, forgot to reference this interview with Chokri when posting earlier. For the first time (I think), they've actually said how they want to structure the bill. They must have looked at the measly crowds of the older acts like Noel G last year in comparison to Ellie Gouldings and Bastilles crowd the year before. I think it's a smart move and is the reason the Marquee bands are so strong this year. They're catering for two core audiences now and both seem quite happy with the first offering. 

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20170220_02740265 

Edited by DiscothequeDave

Good move indeed imo. Although it seems that they don't really learned from the Rihanna debacle last year, if I read that interview... ("Vorig jaar wilden we met Rihanna duidelijk maken dat Pukkelpop ook inzet op urban en R&B. En ondanks de kritiek op het concert willen we absoluut op die weg voortgaan").

8 minutes ago, Stef_P82 said:

Good move indeed imo. Although it seems that they don't really learned from the Rihanna debacle last year, if I read that interview... ("Vorig jaar wilden we met Rihanna duidelijk maken dat Pukkelpop ook inzet op urban en R&B. En ondanks de kritiek op het concert willen we absoluut op die weg voortgaan").

They're not dismissing the musical style, but are saying they won't be booking any prima donna "I'm bigger the festival" types like Rihanna. So they have learned.

Good.

Edited by Trufflehound

I sent an email this morning to info@pukkelpop.be asking if  this year there will be a Shelter Stage. They answered me that they can't confirm now that this stage will exist. 

Since I saw the announcemet, I am pretty sure that Shelter Stage is dead (zero shelter bands announed for thursday and friday). Let's see how do they re-arrange the stages, because for sure there will be changes.

Edited by johnybegood