Favourite set this year

juliadevitt

1 minute ago, Born in the fifties said:

I'm going to cheat and do a best set by stage :

Woods - Broken Social Scene

Garden - Ezra Furman

Big Top - MONEY

Tipi - Martha

But if I had to choose one, then the Garden Stage is  the finest place I know of to watch music, and Ezra's set was quite stunning, one of the best I've ever seen.

I only lasted about 30 minutes of Ezra..I don't really get it tbh, all a bit too rocky horror, seems like the emperor's new clothes to me. Maybe in a small venue it would appeal more. Caught the end of his secret set in the woods and that was impressive.

Different strokes I guess.

OK, if we're going down that route:

Woods - BSS

Garden - Thee Oh Sees

Big Top - Jon Hopkins (this counts, right!??!)

Tipi - Karl Blau

Just out of interest, what actually happened with Knightmare Live in the end? I thought all the comedy on Saturday had moved to the Disco Stage, so rocked up there at midnight expecting Knightmare, but there was dancing going down. At least I think it was midnight and I think it was the Disco Stage. The Lupuloids had taken control by then.

23 minutes ago, shoebox said:

Just out of interest, what actually happened with Knightmare Live in the end? I thought all the comedy on Saturday had moved to the Disco Stage, so rocked up there at midnight expecting Knightmare, but there was dancing going down. At least I think it was midnight and I think it was the Disco Stage. The Lupuloids had taken control by then.

It was on earlier around 7-8pm I think

Woods - Teleman

Garden - Imarhan

Big Top - Beak and Steve Mason (can't decide)

Tipi - Sunflower Bean

If you asked my 2 year old son it would be:

The tractor at the side of the road between the food court and the entrance to the disco ship woods.

Or the 'Poo lorry' cleaning out the toilets

Or the Tea Bus

Edited by jamesrfisher

Woods : Savages on fire ( base crush on Ayse)

Garden : The Oh Sees and Thurston Moore

Big top : Weaves or Cats eyes or Steve Mason :)

Tipi : Didn't spend much time there but Hard Skin were funny, not very Oi by far believe me I've seen it first hand, and would have been Mothers but got pulled away after two songs because my mate was bored and I loved their album, wish they'd started a bit chirpier.

Honerable mention to the two nutters in the Big Top , I think it was ' The Big Moon' , very funny and enjoyably bad.

Sorry more than one  :) 

Woods Stage - GOAT, for their sheer energy which got the crowd going on a very wet Saturday afternoon

Garden Stage - Sam Beam and Jasca Hoop, loved the impromptu flypast by the macaws(?) and then one of them dropping its payload on the crowd

Big Top - BEAK>

Tipi Tent - Sadly never managed to get to any in there.

2 hours ago, shoebox said:

It was on at 7pm. Had a bit of luck there because I saw the change of comedy times by accident at the Beaver Town bar and really wanted to watch it but wasn't prepared to wait in line during headliners to secure a spot so it worked  out for me. I really enjoyed the Karaoke bar, appropriate level of silly.