BST Hyde Park 2017

rawaudioinput

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

their Download show is listed as their only UK show of 2017 so can't be BST, although couldn't fathom what it could be from that little teaser as i'd have definitely assumed a big UK/London show. usually would say the Download thing could be bollocks but seems far too soon after it being announced and a BST show would far too soon after the festival itself

12 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

their Download show is listed as their only UK show of 2017 so can't be BST, although couldn't fathom what it could be from that little teaser as i'd have definitely assumed a big UK/London show. usually would say the Download thing could be bollocks but seems far too soon after it being announced and a BST show would far too soon after the festival itself

Probably just a Manc/London arena show.

9 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Probably just a Manc/London arena show.

be hard pressed to call that a 'big one', and would still be pretty shady business on Download's end of things saying it was their only UK show. be pretty pissed being an Aerosmith fan and buying a Download ticket only to realise a week later you could've just gone to their own show

6 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

be hard pressed to call that a 'big one', and would still be pretty shady business on Download's end of things saying it was their only UK show. be pretty pissed being an Aerosmith fan and buying a Download ticket only to realise a week later you could've just gone to their own show

Ah yes, I'm thinking only UK fest show but is their only UK show. Scrap that then.

4 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Ah yes, I'm thinking only UK fest show but is their only UK show. Scrap that then.

I'd be amazed that if this is their farewell tour that this would be the only UK date. And it's almost certainly a gig they're announcing. 

Maybe they think the Isle of Wight isn't part of the UK :-)

1 hour ago, DiscothequeDave said:

I'd be amazed that if this is their farewell tour that this would be the only UK date. And it's almost certainly a gig they're announcing. 

Maybe they think the Isle of Wight isn't part of the UK :-)

They've still not confirmed this will be their final tour and even if it is they could surely do what Black Sabbath have done?

Download UK 2016 exclusive show then tour at the start of 2017, why could Aerosmith do the same?

They aren't at IoW.

Edited by Gozpot

8 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

how come..?

Somebody (possibly scotty?) posted in another thread that BST said something about the biggest pop star in the world was soon to be announced, and coupled with a guy in this threads info on it being Bieber it looks pretty likely I'd say

edit: although can't see where this 'biggest pop star' bit has come from. Assumed twitter but can't see it on there

Edited by FloorFiller

12 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Somebody (possibly scotty?) posted in another thread that BST said something about the biggest pop star in the world was soon to be announced, and coupled with a guy in this threads info on it being Bieber it looks pretty likely I'd say

edit: although can't see where this 'biggest pop star' bit has come from. Assumed twitter but can't see it on there

it comes from a press release BST sent out about a charity comp Chris Evans is running for tickets.

The tickets are for Friday to Sunday, who it says are Phil Collins, Greenday, and "well let's just say this act is the biggest POP STAR in the world right now! The winner will not be disappointed"

Edited by eFestivals

58 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it comes from a press release BST sent out about a charity comp Chris Evans is running for tickets.

The tickets are for Friday to Sunday, who it says are Phil Collins, Greenday, and "well let's just say this act is the biggest POP STAR in the world right now! The winner will not be disappointed"

Not sure Bieber is universally-popular enough to guarantee that someone would 'not be disappointed'? Nor is he "the biggest pop star in the world right now" in terms of either ticket or record sales. Although I do still think it'll be him purely because we don't know Beyonce, Adele or Taylor Swift are going to be active..

8 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Not sure Bieber is universally-popular enough to guarantee that someone would 'not be disappointed'? Nor is he "the biggest pop star in the world right now" in terms of either ticket or record sales. Although I do still think it'll be him purely because we don't know Beyonce, Adele or Taylor Swift are going to be active..

it's for a Radio 2 / Children in Needs competition to win tickets, so within that context I reckon it's hard to see beyond Bieber.

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it's for a Radio 2 / Children in Needs competition to win tickets, so within that context I reckon it's hard to see beyond Bieber.

I see. Adele is far more popular within that demographic in particular but I guess they do like to be liberal with these press releases..

3 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

I see. Adele is far more popular within that demographic in particular but I guess they do like to be liberal with these press releases..

I think the 'POP STAR' in upper case says it's someone different to Adele, particularly when next to Phil Collins and Greenday.

And then when put together with teaconsumer saying bieber after (s)he was right about greenday, I reckon it's bieber.