BST Hyde Park 2017

rawaudioinput

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, RyanS said:

Kings of Leon have announced a UK arena tour with no London dates.  Presumably that means a bigger London show later in the year so maybe a BST headliner?

Has to be an outdoor gig surely. Whether that's Olympic Stadium/Park, BST, Finsbury Park or similar we'll have to see

On 12/10/2016 at 0:27 PM, Blank Expression said:

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/16/161012a.shtml

So Phil Collins? He will be the one to sell out this year surely

As much as I dislike the guy, Genesis and Phil as an extension of that are one of my dads favourite bands of all time so I will probably get him a ticket and go along to see what he's like. He does have a few catchy songs - he could very easily win me over I fear.

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

you missed Wembley, at least as likely as the others you list. :)

That too!

Just seems a little odd to me that they're touring in February but haven't added a London date - it'll be a few months after if they did any kind of outdoor event

So, Green Day for certain...

Kings of Leon, Robbie Williams, Phil Collins, Lady Gaga and The Rolling Stones seem an apt remaining five. Pretty certain KoL will be one with those tour dates, Robbie is unlikely to pass up the chance to headline Hyde Park (and is still a huge pull), Phil is seemingly expected to be confirmed this week (though would much rather have him do a Glasto legends slot - all killer, no filler).

The other two a bit more out there; Gaga, stacked with a strong supporting bill, would likely sell well and it seems expected she will be at Pilton the month before. And with Blue and Lonesome coming November, I think it a safe bet that the Stones will play UK stadium shows next year - providing they're still able to, of course. A BST slot four years on seems like a good pay day for them, alongside Wembley, Etihad, the whole shebang.

1 hour ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

So, Green Day for certain...

Kings of Leon, Robbie Williams, Phil Collins, Lady Gaga and The Rolling Stones seem an apt remaining five. Pretty certain KoL will be one with those tour dates, Robbie is unlikely to pass up the chance to headline Hyde Park (and is still a huge pull), Phil is seemingly expected to be confirmed this week (though would much rather have him do a Glasto legends slot - all killer, no filler).

The other two a bit more out there; Gaga, stacked with a strong supporting bill, would likely sell well and it seems expected she will be at Pilton the month before. And with Blue and Lonesome coming November, I think it a safe bet that the Stones will play UK stadium shows next year - providing they're still able to, of course. A BST slot four years on seems like a good pay day for them, alongside Wembley, Etihad, the whole shebang.

With Gaga supposedly at Glasto I'd be surprised if she wasn't at BST.

21 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Only UK shows for him then do you reckon? I was hoping he would do BST with a few acts beforehand so that I didnt feel like I was just paying for him if I get tickets for the old man and I.

Not sure if they'll be the only shows. I wouldn't be hugely surprised if one or more festival appears down the line if those RAH shows sell out quickly.

Tho that's purely a guess.

• 2 weeks later...

It feels like the next announcement for this is taking an age to come, although according to the thread from last year Green Day were announced much earlier than the first announcement last year (Take That) so that will be why it feels delayed, in terms of the actual calendar they won't be 'late' with the second announcement as long as it comes in the next two weeks or so. If it doesn't then hopefully that means the remaining acts aren't as Christmas present-friendly.

54 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

With Rancid not being announced for Download yet, but being announced for some Euro fests, I'm thinking they could sub Green Day at BST. 

Green Day / Rancid / Sum 41 / Neck Deep / Against Me! / The Story So Far / Masked Intruder / SWMRS 

I wouldn't think BST would book Rancid, probably will end up booking someone more accessible and mainstream like You Me At Six or All Time Low.

Green Day / You Me At Six / Twin Atlantic / Simple Plan / Neck Deep / Moose Blood / SWMRS / Creeper

BST didn't go for mainstream and accessible when Sabbath headlined. They went for where the real money is and booked mainly older bands, as they attract an older audience, who will be more likely to buy a ticket and spend money on over-priced alcohol in there. I don't see BST trying to go for the Kerrang/Slam Dunk audience with this, think they'll aim it at the old school Green Day fans who are in their 30's.