BST Hyde Park 2017

rawaudioinput

This place is corporate as fuck. There's literally a Pizza Express stand here, complete opposite of Glastonbury. Why does everyone apart from me have a picnic blanket?! All worth it for The Killers tho, even standing through Elbow.

52 minutes ago, zahidf said:

How intensive/long were the searches to get in?

Had to put phone, wallet etc in a plastic bag. My bag was searched for about 10 seconds but he didn't check if my bottle of water was sealed. 

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, Odessa said:

This place is corporate as fuck. There's literally a Pizza Express stand here, complete opposite of Glastonbury. Why does everyone apart from me have a picnic blanket?! All worth it for The Killers tho, even standing through Elbow.

Had to put phone, wallet etc in a plastic bag. My bag was searched for about 10 seconds but he didn't check if my bottle of water was sealed. 

thanks. did they steal lids?

It is what it is. Despite large numbers it's very well organised and they get big names there.

Enjoyed both Thursday and Yesterday. Highlights Pixies, Tears for Fears and White Lies but the best band of the two days for me were Mystery Jets who I thought were outstanding.

Thought The Killers were pretty ordinary myself. Wish they'd played Mr Brightside early in the set so all the talkers could have gone home.

6.20 for a Moretti is a new record high for a pint at a Festival. Can anyone beat that?

Despite 65 k, it took me 5 minutes to get in, I was aware of the wristband set-up so got that sorted early doors. Never had to queue for the loo or queue for more than a couple of minutes for a drink. Ten minute queue for food. I was able to sit down whenever I wanted to and felt safe at the event. The bands started and finished at the prescribed time. That's well organised in my book. 

Yes it's corporate but you have to accept it what it is. I'm afraid knee deep mud or four hour queues to get onto the site doesn't do it for me anymore. Sorry.

Went to the Killers yesterday and got a wristband.

Looking at the map for Tom Petty today the pit seems to be taken up completely by Gold/diamond tickets holders

Can anybody whose there tell me if this is correct and there is no general access to the pit today?

thanks

Last night was one of the worst crowds I've ever been in (one step up from a Kings of Leon crowd). Who pays £65 to go there and then doesn't recognise songs like For Reasons Unknown, This River Is Wild, A Dustland Fairytale, or even the new single ffs. Won't be going back to BST in a hurry. Kinda ruined it cos it's not The Killers who put in a bad performance (although it is a stale setlist), as the reception the few songs that people knew got was huge. 

Elbow were horrendous, Tears For Fears were pretty good, British Sea Power were meh, Mew were good, Cold War Kids were surprisingly awful, Mystery Jets pretty good despite not playing Two Doors Down, and The Strypes were forgettable. So up and down day with a shite crowd throughout.

I don't like Hyde Park events, too many people and too many pissheads and loud chatterers.  But I went yesterday to see Tom Petty and Stevie Nicks because it was a rare opportunity to see both.  I didn't bother with anything else, just bought GA and arrived about an hour before Stevie was due on.

I moved around quite a bit while the bands were on, mostly to get away from talkers, and I will say that the sound was decent wherever I was, even towards the back.

2 hours ago, Damsonz said:

I don't like Hyde Park events, too many people and too many pissheads and loud chatterers.  But I went yesterday to see Tom Petty and Stevie Nicks because it was a rare opportunity to see both.  I didn't bother with anything else, just bought GA and arrived about an hour before Stevie was due on.

I moved around quite a bit while the bands were on, mostly to get away from talkers, and I will say that the sound was decent wherever I was, even towards the back.

It gets marginally better later into the day. Have a go at watching an earlier on act from past the sound towers if you want to really experience the horror of Hyde Park sound.

On 10/07/2017 at 2:17 PM, Mash011 said:

It gets marginally better later into the day. Have a go at watching an earlier on act from past the sound towers if you want to really experience the horror of Hyde Park sound.

Been there, done that, thanks.   ^_^

And it certainly didn't get better later on when Bruce Springsteen was on a few years ago, quite apart from the infamous plug-pull.  The volume steadily decreased throughout the evening. 

Anyway I was pleasantly surprised this time.   It wasn't too bad.