BST Hyde Park 2017

rawaudioinput

6 minutes ago, foolee said:

Where have you seen this? Not that I'll be going but Pixies is great support, such a shame they will not get appreciated by a KOL crowd.

Metro e-edition.

At least they're doing a full tour this year and it's not like people have to go to that to see them.

Supporting bill might turn out pretty good. Kings of Leon oddly do get quite a lot of decent acts as supports and BST are more than competent of providing a cool undercard. Obviously wouldn't be into buying it but I could be swayed if this one lands in the bargain bin - fat chance tho.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Metro e-edition.

At least they're doing a full tour this year and it's not like people have to go to that to see them.

Supporting bill might turn out pretty good. Kings of Leon oddly do get quite a lot of decent acts as supports and BST are more than competent of providing a cool undercard. Obviously wouldn't be into buying it but I could be swayed if this one lands in the bargain bin - fat chance tho.

Yes it Properly True as they have press release with an a time embargo on normally.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Gozpot said:

Green Day playing at Glasgow Bellahouston Park 4th July, with Rancid as a special guest, adds more weight to the fact that Rancid will be supporting them at BST.

Why not announce though if it is? Surely the more sales the better and it's the only place in England for a Rancid show if so.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Why not announce though if it is? Surely the more sales the better and it's the only place in England for a Rancid show if so.

They're not gonna lose out on ticket sales whether they announce it now or not. I'm sure they know what they're doing. There's a reason why UK festivals stagger their announcements. 

13 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Why don't R&L announce everyone now?

Theres no need to, they'll shift the same amount tickets if they had been announced with Green Day or if they got announced in 3 months time.

I hear Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers are lined up for one of the dates.

Source here:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/tom-petty-40th-anniversary-tour-might-be-last-big-one-w454754

Although their US dates don't really line up with the Hyde Park dates. I wonder if they are BBC Radio 2 headliners?

Edited by judyblue110
Source