• 1 month later...
  • Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Y Not 2018 Pledges

http://www.ynotfestivals.co.uk/y-not-2018-pledges/

KEY STAFF

WE WILL BE FULLY REVIEWING OUR KEY SUPPLIERS TO ENSURE THE HIGHEST STANDARDS OF CUSTOMER SUPPORT ARE MET ON-SITE. WE WILL BE:

INTRODUCING A NEW SECURITY CONTRACTOR

INTRODUCING A NEW WASTE MANAGEMENT CONTRACTOR

FACILITIES

WE WILL BE EXAMINING ALL OF OUR FACILITIES, FROM TOILETS TO POWER INFRASTRUCTURE, TO SEE WHERE IMPROVEMENTS SHOULD BE MADE. SPECIFICALLY WE WILL BE:

INTRODUCING A CCTV SYSTEM

USING A MORE ROBUST FENCING APPROACH – DOUBLE LINED IN KEY PLACES TO SECURE THE SITE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE

IMPLEMENTING A FULLY REVIEWED ADVERSE WEATHER PLAN

INFORMATION

WE WANT TO ENSURE THAT INFORMATION REACHES YOU AS EFFICIENTLY AS POSSIBLE BE THAT PRIOR TO OR DURING THE EVENT. WE WILL BE:

INTRODUCING AN INFORMATION POINT THAT WILL SERVE AS THE GO-TO FOR GENERAL QUERIES AND CUSTOMER SUPPORT

REVIEW HOW WE DELIVER INFORMATION ON SHOW DAYS AND ENSURE THAT WE REGULARLY PROVIDE UPDATES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS VIA OUR SOCIAL CHANNELS AND WEBSITE PLUS ANY OTHER CHANNELS AVAILABLE TO US ON SITE 

SITE

THERE WILL BE SIGNIFICANT CHANGES TO THE SITE LAYOUT THIS YEAR. THIS WILL INCLUDE PAYING PARTICULAR ATTENTION TO ACCESS POINTS, GROUNDWORKS IN RELATION TO WEATHER AND NEW HARD STANDING TRACKS WHERE POSSIBLE.

FAMILIES

FAMILIES ARE AT THE HEART OF WHAT THE FESTIVAL WAS BUILT UPON AND WE KNOW WE HAVE TO PROTECT THAT, AND THE TRUST THAT FAMILIES HAVE HAD IN US OVER THE YEARS. WE WILL BE:

INTRODUCING A FAMILY SPECIFIC WRISTBAND

REDESIGNING THE LAYOUT AND INFRASTRUCTURE OF THE FAMILY CAMPING AREAS

VIP

VIP WILL FORM A HUGE PART OF THE SITE REDESIGN, OPENING UP NEW SPECIFICALLY DESIGNATED FIELDS PLUS ADDITIONAL INFRASTRUCTURE TO MEET THE EXPECTATIONS OF ALL VIP CUSTOMERS.

12 hours ago, craigb said:

I do like the way they need to replace the contractors which didn't play any part in this year's cock-up, and mention lots of stuff that's nothing to do with this year's cock-up.

It's almost like they're trying to shift the blame for their own organisational failings. :lol:

I'm not seeing what would be the really important pledge, tho that would be unexpected from kerching.

38 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

All fesitvals should have a central information point, it really shouldn't be notable that they're 'introducing' one.

Agreed.

To me it also looks like they want to milk the public as there is a lot of emphasis on the VIP stuff. Will all those changes be to the detriment of the 'normal' punter?

3 minutes ago, craigb said:

:lol:

To be fair the VIP at Y Not is tosh. One of the main selling points is a bar that used to be for bands, staff and press.

mine was a comment about all VIP, not just Y-Not.

Why the fuck do you need a VIP ticket to access toilets without massive queues and that might actually be clean?  Or a bar with shorter queues?

There's a reason why you'll find almost no mention of any VIP stuff at any festival on efestivals for the last 20 years - and that's because greedy c**ts should be exposed as those greedy c**ts by what they fail to provide on a normal ticket.

15 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

mine was a comment about all VIP, not just Y-Not.

Why the fuck do you need a VIP ticket to access toilets without massive queues and that might actually be clean?  Or a bar with shorter queues?

There's a reason why you'll find almost no mention of any VIP stuff at any festival on efestivals for the last 20 years - and that's because greedy c**ts should be exposed as those greedy c**ts by what they fail to provide on a normal ticket.

Oh I totally agree why should you have to pay extra for the better toilets.

But on the flip side could it be keeping the costs down for general tickets? If there are no extras for folks to pay for would the ticket costs go up, quality of acts reduce, offerings at the festival overall dip? 

25 minutes ago, craigb said:

But on the flip side could it be keeping the costs down for general tickets? If there are no extras for folks to pay for would the ticket costs go up, quality of acts reduce, offerings at the festival overall dip? 

yeah, but only minimally - because the costs of those 'extras' - what you be provided as standard - would be across all tickets and not just a small number of vips.

And i don't doubt that the festivals who are doing vip are doing it for their own extras - profits, not costs - while taking advantage of the fact that they're selling the other 90%(ish) of their customers short.

(funnily enough I just got asked to be on the radio to talk about y-not while i was writing this. The man at the bottom of the barrel will be mightily relieved that I couldn't be bothered with it, cos I'm always happy to say how it really is. I even told the lawyers that and suggested they see me in court. Unsurprisingly it went quiet :lol:).