Y Not Festival 2017

Wagon

2 hours ago, ShorttyE said:

Can't wait for this now.

Quarry stage looking lovely , main stage looking lovely.

Give me some beer and feeder on Thursday now. 

Hoping for reasonable drinks prices, Don't mind £5 a pint but any more is silly.

I remember when they used to have the proper large real ale tent and those prices were slightly less, hoping that's still the case and it's £5 a pint for the "Branded" lager and cider, although I do enjoy Orchard Pig.

The big ale tent was there last year. 

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, ShorttyE said:

Can't wait for this now.

Quarry stage looking lovely , main stage looking lovely.

Give me some beer and feeder on Thursday now. 

Hoping for reasonable drinks prices, Don't mind £5 a pint but any more is silly.

I remember when they used to have the proper large real ale tent and those prices were slightly less, hoping that's still the case and it's £5 a pint for the "Branded" lager and cider, although I do enjoy Orchard Pig.

Two days mate! Just one more day at work to get through tomorrow! Looking forward to a few beers in the campsite and then heading into the arena for Feeder later on. Can't bloody wait 

9 hours ago, rfc_478 said:

Two days mate! Just one more day at work to get through tomorrow! Looking forward to a few beers in the campsite and then heading into the arena for Feeder later on. Can't bloody wait 

Can't wait!

Iv'e decided i'm getting there for as soon as I can with the car park opening so I can sit in the car park and have a few drinks and make the most of it! Just a  8 more hours and im done in work! Can't wait.

1 hour ago, ShorttyE said:

If it's dry when I put my tent up i'll be happy, but at the moment it may not be the case...

Yeah - I could REALLY do with it being dry to put the tent up.  It got holed by a stray tent peg when I put it away at the last festival, and need to gaffer tape the s**t out of it.  Not the easiest of operations when everything is getting wet and you are just desperate to get the tent up

1 minute ago, Wagon said:

How far away is everyone?

I'm in Nottingham city centre and the weather is horrendous, if it's like this on site it won't be fun setting up tomorrow

In Manchester atm, though I live in Buxton.  Been raining constantly in Manchester since about 7 this morning.  

Met Office (which is often the best predictor for a very unpredictable area) seems to be suggesting heavy rain tomorrow from about 11-1, but then easing off somewhat.  

I have to say that in the past in my experience (past 5 years) the site has handled rain fairly well.  2012 was the only one I recall being muddy and even that was bearable, and that includes the year we had the lightening storms on the Thursday - though of course there were only something like 30% of the current numbers on site then!

It's basically terrible around all the areas surrounding it.

It's going to rain, probably going to pour down.

I just need there to be very little for my Erecttion tomorrow, a bit of drizzle is OK i guess but anything more I shan't be enjoying myself, going to arrive nice an early and get in as soon as gates open to give me enough time.

Will go take shelter somewhere if needs be before putting it up haha!/

Regional Forecast for East Midlands

Headline:

Wind and rain spreading to all parts. Drier later.

Today:

A bright start, but turning breezy with cloud and locally heavy rain spreading to all parts by through the morning. Rain will easing through the afternoon, with cloud slowly breaking to give some sunny spells later in the day. Maximum temperature 20 °C.

Tonight:

Cloud will continue to break through the evening to leave a cool, breezy but dry night with some clear spells. Minimum temperature 13 °C.

Thursday:

Sunshine and showers after a dry start. Some of the showers may turn heavy for a time, but will gradually ease later in the afternoon. It will be breezy throughout. Maximum temperature 20 °C.

Outlook for Friday to Sunday:

Sunny spells and isolated showers on Friday. Heavy rain overnight into Saturday morning, but then windy with sunshine and occasionally heavy showers for the rest of the weekend.

2 hours ago, Martinmjgh said:

In Manchester atm, though I live in Buxton.  Been raining constantly in Manchester since about 7 this morning.  

Met Office (which is often the best predictor for a very unpredictable area) seems to be suggesting heavy rain tomorrow from about 11-1, but then easing off somewhat.  

I have to say that in the past in my experience (past 5 years) the site has handled rain fairly well.  2012 was the only one I recall being muddy and even that was bearable, and that includes the year we had the lightening storms on the Thursday - though of course there were only something like 30% of the current numbers on site then!

2012 was my 1st Y Not and yeah I didn't think the mud was too bad, although as previously mentioned I did IOW that year so most conditons seem reasonable compared to that! haha

10 minutes ago, peruvianjoco said:

Who's everyone looking most forward catching this weekend then? ^_^

For bands I've seen before almost certainly Slaves, seen them 3 times already since last Leeds festival and have yet to disappoint. Also King No one, they were great at tramlines this weekend. And frank carter, gonna be a sick end to the weekend.

As for bands I've not seen before, Feeder, Maximo Park, Roam, pulled apart by horses, jake bugg and Declan McKenna are all top spots for me!

I'm really looking forward to seeing 

Twin atlantic - never seen them before but really got into them recently

Maximo Park -  been a fan for years but never seen them

Jake Bugg - saw him a couple of years ago, very good live

Slaves - one of my favourite bands live 

The Vaccines - seen them many times, probably my favourites band at the moment.