Wagon

Y Not Festival 2017

TheDHolford    0

Looking at Friday, think it's going to be main stage all day apart from not really wanting to see Clean Bandit and hopeing to catch most of Frank Turner's set before Vaccines.

Who do we reckon will be on the same time as Clean Bandit/ who should I try checking out on the Friday. Hoping to see Magic Gang as they were amazing when I saw them live a few weeks ago, just an odd crowd.

Wagon    7

I received an email from them over the weeked to say that they will be providing the planner/clashfinder function again on the website:

Good morning, 

Following your query the festival have confirmed there will be a planner feature coming to the YNOT website for 2017's festival.

This will be available a little closer to the festival.

Kind regards, 

--
Rachael
customerservice@outgoing.co.uk

On 13/05/2017 at 8:33 PM, peruvianjoco said:

Any guesses for the tbc?

My guess would be Lower Than Atlantis

They headlined that stage about 2/3 years ago so unlikely, I'd expect them to be on the main stage if they came backwould be a great booking if it was though. 

I assume the reason it's TBC is because someone pulled out? Could be wrong though. 

Wagon    7

Probably nothing as I know they are big fans of the Festival but Reverend & The Makers like a lot of the tweets regarding announcments...

I'd expect the TBC to be a harder Rock / Pop Punk act though given the other acts on that stage at that day, could be someone like Mallory Knox or The Wonder Years

craigb    121
4 hours ago, Pigeon Detective said:

Anyone know of this feeling are there again this year please? 

Not with Jack Rocks.

But some of the acts could be finding their way onto the lineup :D 

cobracat    0

Hi everyone,

I really like the look of Y Not this year. It's got loads of my firm favourites, Frank Turner, Twin Atlantic, Will Varley, Vukovi, Heck...

only problem is I don't know anyone going!!

Anyone got a friend group they wouldn't mind me tagging along with? I'm in my twenties and I'm nice, promise.

:rolleyes:

TheDHolford    0

So, got my tickets Thursday onwards. Was considering upgrading to Peak Club VIP if there's any tickets left for that.

Has anyone done it before? Is it worth paying the extra 45 pounds to do it? Not really sure what it is completely.

craigb    121
On 2017-5-22 at 7:45 PM, cobracat said:

Hi everyone,

I really like the look of Y Not this year. It's got loads of my firm favourites, Frank Turner, Twin Atlantic, Will Varley, Vukovi, Heck...

only problem is I don't know anyone going!!

Anyone got a friend group they wouldn't mind me tagging along with? I'm in my twenties and I'm nice, promise.

:rolleyes:

There is a friendly Y Not group on Fb if wanna post in there. 

I'd hurry though, tickets are nearly all but sold out. 

Odessa    118
On 2017-5-23 at 10:03 AM, TheDHolford said:

So, got my tickets Thursday onwards. Was considering upgrading to Peak Club VIP if there's any tickets left for that.

Has anyone done it before? Is it worth paying the extra 45 pounds to do it? Not really sure what it is completely.

I think there were loooaaaaads of complaints on the facebook page last year about how shit it is. I wouldn't bother.

TheDHolford    0
1 hour ago, Odessa said:

I think there were loooaaaaads of complaints on the facebook page last year about how shit it is. I wouldn't bother.

Oh no really? I was intrigued, with it having its own private bars and spacious camping. Do you know why people wwere complaining so much?

Maybe I won't bother if it was that bad? Is an extra 50 quid each.

Odessa    118
2 minutes ago, TheDHolford said:

Oh no really? I was intrigued, with it having its own private bars and spacious camping. Do you know why people wwere complaining so much?

Maybe I won't bother if it was that bad? Is an extra 50 quid each.

Not 100% but I think they sold way too money of them so it was too crowded, and there were hardly any showers so huge queues for them. Memory is a bit hazy though.

Maybe after all the complaints they'll have sorted it out for this year though, who knows.

Edited by Odessa

Wilko888    0

Wish I was going to Kendal calling now they seem to have most of ynot lineup and more. 

efcfanwirral    80
15 hours ago, Wilko888 said:

Wish I was going to Kendal calling now they seem to have most of ynot lineup and more. 

me too! far better festival too. 

craigb    121
16 hours ago, Wilko888 said:

25 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

me too! far better festival too. 

Kendal £30 to £40 more expensive depending at what tier you buy tickets. You get what you pay for. 

• Upvote 1

Wagon    7

So has anyone ever heard of the band who were announced last night?? 

rfc_478    8
9 hours ago, Wagon said:

So has anyone ever heard of the band who were announced last night?? 

Do you mean Bury Tomorrow? I see on the website that they've been announced but hadn't heard until now. I'm not a fan but I have heard of them, think they've played a couple of Reading's I've been at

Edited by rfc_478

Wagon    7

Yeah, Never heard of them lol

I'll give them a listen but it's possible they culd clash with Cast who I'm definitely not missing

6 hours ago, Wagon said:

Yeah, Never heard of them lol

I'll give them a listen but it's possible they culd clash with Cast who I'm definitely not missing

Bury Tomorrow are metalcore and they kind of stick out on the lineup I think - a strange booking. However if you like heavier stuff you'll probably enjoy them I personally like them a fair bit.

TheDHolford    0

So, where is best to camp. Me and the girlfriend are going, was considering booking the family camping just so we don't have a load of idiots around us. I saw that they've said there's 3 party sort of camping areas, are there quieter ones?