Y Not Festival 2017

Wagon

I was at ynot last year and kendal this year and one thing that sticks in my mind about both festivals was how strict the security are with the staff at the main bars.

When leaving the bar to go out the back they went through a rigorous search even removing shoes and socks in front of the punters before they could leave.

I suppose its the norm at most festivals but still makes me feel kinda sad when i see it.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, bucko said:

I was at ynot last year and kendal this year and one thing that sticks in my mind about both festivals was how strict the security are with the staff at the main bars.

When leaving the bar to go out the back they went through a rigorous search even removing shoes and socks in front of the punters before they could leave.

I suppose its the norm at most festivals but still makes me feel kinda sad when i see it.

i know at kendal there has been talk of rogue bar staff in the past that were allegedly fiddling the contactless last year , dumb staff that cant add up topped off with arseholes who think they have made it because they are working for WHP! It was funny to see on the main bar over looking the stage this year that they had cash handlers sat taking money from staff and doing the transactions for them 

6 minutes ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

i know at kendal there has been talk of rogue bar staff in the past that were allegedly fiddling the contactless last year , dumb staff that cant add up topped off with arseholes who think they have made it because they are working for WHP! It was funny to see on the main bar over looking the stage this year that they had cash handlers sat taking money from staff and doing the transactions for them 

get a better bar company with either better bosses or better staff.

9 hours ago, eFestivals said:

nope, it's really not.

It was a different story over the other side of the arena at Chai Wallahs. the staff served you first then tilled in the cash themselves and all seemed much more happy in there work.

The trust between bosses and staff was good to see.

the fisrt time since glastonbury 2011 i'd been in one of there venue's and really enjoyed it.

ALSO......Im not on Facebook. But my wife is. And she has seen the posts in the 'Ynot Suvivors' group. SO MANY PEOPLE without refunds still! Some only refunded a few pennies. Some owed a few quid. I read one story of someone who paid in installments, and they are being refunded....in installments.

What a fu*king shambles! The ONLY thing that was 'good' about this years fiasco (the refund) is being fuc*ed up royally. And it is SUCH a shame. Ynot in 2011 was lovely! 

I fear this festival is dead in the water now.

SO....i went to End of the Road last weekend. The Sunday was the WORST day of weather I have EVER experienced. Not neccessarily the heaviest weather I have been in (Ynot 2013 and T in the park 97 spring to mind). But the constant nature of it, rain from 5am to 2am the following day. IT was a grind.

End of the Road didnt feel the need to cancel. 

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

end of the road probably hadn't cut corners in the hope of fattening its bank balance while not giving a much of a shit about what the punters got.

There's some festivals which have good people behind them and then there's those that don't.

indeed. :)

27 minutes ago, retromoz said:

SO....i went to End of the Road last weekend. The Sunday was the WORST day of weather I have EVER experienced. Not neccessarily the heaviest weather I have been in (Ynot 2013 and T in the park 97 spring to mind). But the constant nature of it, rain from 5am to 2am the following day. IT was a grind.

Bit of an exaggeration. Yeah rained most of the day but it was never an especially heavy rain, up and down but it was mostly a light drizzle.  Ynot was much worse from what I've seen so not really a fair comparison. (not defending ynot btw, they can get to fuck)

33 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Bit of an exaggeration. Yeah rained most of the day but it was never an especially heavy rain, up and down but it was mostly a light drizzle.  Ynot was much worse from what I've seen so not really a fair comparison. (not defending ynot btw, they can get to fuck)

I have watched some of the videos taken by people who were at YNot and spoken to some too - there was no reason to cancel due to the weather at all.

49 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

end of the road probably hadn't cut corners in the hope of fattening its bank balance while not giving a much of a shit about what the punters got.

There's some festivals which have good people behind them and then there's those that don't.

Is there an easy to find list of those with 'bad' people behind them so we might make educated purchases for future festivals?

17 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Is there an easy to find list of those with 'bad' people behind them so we might make educated purchases for future festivals?

Unfortunately if I get too explicit I'm likely to get severely twonked by inconvenient legal letters, which I've already had to spend too much time fighting off. The real c**s are proper c**ts and play nasty.

But as a general rule, if you've seen bad press about a particular fest, avoid. Why take the risk?

2 hours ago, retromoz said:

it was baking hot until the sunday, Y Not had days of rain running up to it. plus EOTR is on a big slope.

24 minutes ago, dirty_dog said:

it was baking hot until the sunday, Y Not had days of rain running up to it. plus EOTR is on a big slope.

it pissed down the wednesday before. AND there were showers on the Thursday. Got caught putting up the tent in one....

Edited by retromoz

2 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Is there an easy to find list

there's an easy to find list of festivals worth considering, here:-
http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals

That list is currently being filled out with next year's festivals, so there's still plenty to add ... but if a festival isn't ever included, we reckon that's one to swerve.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

there's an easy to find list of festivals worth considering, here:-
http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals

That list is currently being filled out with next year's festivals, so there's still plenty to add ... but if a festival isn't ever included, we reckon that's one to swerve.

Thanks, that is already my go to list and I have noticed some are not there....... and will avoid them.

32 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I have noticed some are not there

it's not fully up-to-date at the moment. There's currently 100+ festivals in the queue to be listed (and more cropping up all the time) - so it's perhaps worth waiting a month* before using it as a judge of anything.

(* it should hopefully be fully populated by then).

Edited by eFestivals

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it's not fully up-to-date at the moment. There's currently 100+ festivals in the queue to be listed (and more cropping up all the time) - so it's perhaps worth waiting a month* before using it as a judge of anything.

(* it should hopefully be fully populated by then).

There are some, like Truck, that don't appear at all, even historically.