Y Not Festival 2017

Wagon

Also on the beer front,

Take into account all the terror attacks this year and the increase in security at every festival. Every chance they may be slightly stricter with things this year.. I doubt it, but still.

Also as long as it's in a plastic cup they don't seem to care so I regularly just fill them up if im popping back to the campsite.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Wagon said:

Have you guys seen this?

http://www.ynotfestivals.co.uk/click-and-collect/

Looks handy and the prices are fairly reasonable considering

Pretty Decent, and good for folk who are coming by train etc so they can travel light.

Other fests have done this this year and prices have been insane, ,this is ok though.

Although I won't be using it aswe will be driving and the car park isn't exactly far to do a few runs.

41 minutes ago, ShorttyE said:

Pretty Decent, and good for folk who are coming by train etc so they can travel light.

Other fests have done this this year and prices have been insane, ,this is ok though.

Although I won't be using it aswe will be driving and the car park isn't exactly far to do a few runs.

Yeah we've got family camping so even closer to the car park, although bringing  a 1 yr old and a 3 yr old it's something I'm definitely going to consider haha

1 hour ago, BeddingatReading said:

Wasn't Jaguar Skills meant to be headlining this stage? 

Yeah. He's still on the big poster and line up page. 

But not on the newest neon coconut poster. Strange 

Maybe he's on another stage now. Or cancelled. 

23 hours ago, craigb said:

Yeah. He's still on the big poster and line up page. 

But not on the newest neon coconut poster. Strange 

Maybe he's on another stage now. Or cancelled. 

Website is now showing him on The Quarry above Frank Turner - he must be playing a late-night set there. Idris Elba is in the same slot on the Saturday

On 11/07/2017 at 3:47 PM, dirty_dog said:

hi guys, apologies if it's already been asked as I'm too lazy to read through previous pages but what's the late night stuff like and other things apart from the main stages?

Plenty to do till late. Was a roller disco last year, silent disco each night, also had this feeling djs till late in one of the tents, hopefully they'll be back again this year.

Our tickets came today. Went to the local post office to collect and apparently half of Dronfield is going including the post man. 

3 hours ago, Pigeon Detective said:

Plenty to do till late. Was a roller disco last year, silent disco each night, also had this feeling djs till late in one of the tents, hopefully they'll be back again this year.

Our tickets came today. Went to the local post office to collect and apparently half of Dronfield is going including the post man. 

great thanks, not getting there till friday afternoon, whats it going to be like getting a parking or camping spec? 

20 hours ago, dirty_dog said:

great thanks, not getting there till friday afternoon, whats it going to be like getting a parking or camping spec? 

Parking will be fine. Camping might be a bit tight, was very busy last year by Friday afternoon 

9 hours ago, ShorttyE said:

Still no tickets here, I will assume Peak Club VIP tickets are in a different batch.

Still no where near time to worry yet, i'll worry the wednesday before when i'll call them :P

I've got my VIP tickets 

Some good situations where I can go between stages and see what I want to, especially with JAWS on Friday, and cabbage and Kate Nash Sunday. 

Only real clashes for me are cast and clean bandit,  I'll make a call on the day about those, and frank turner and vaccines which we already knew about. I'll probably stick with the group and watch vaccines as I've seen frank many times 

Very happy about the line up and the stage times. Only sad about the Friday clash of Frank turner and Vaccines, but seen Frank three times and Vaccines once, so they win. And Sunday is a bit shoddy, though I think Frank Carter is a winner for me, only seen him once before and want to end the festival on a big bang! And can go see Twin Atlantic before Libertines next week at Tramlines, and maybe see Two Door at Leeds Festival if I decide on that.

Overall very happy, extremely excited for The Hunna, Slaves (for the 5th time since last Leeds Fest...), finally seeing Jake Bugg. Saturday is looking best day overall though, Slaves and Jake Bugg, Declan McKenna, Clean Cut Kid, Asylum and Example, with Idris Elba topping it all off, perfect!

2 hours ago, BeddingatReading said:

Gutted the Quarry and Big Top headliners clash each night - I swear they didn't last year but I guess it'll stop the over-crowding and people getting crushed in the Quarry.

Does anyone know if they've managed to make the Quarry bigger this year?

You're right, they didn't last year. Quarry headliners didn't clash (that much) with main stage headliners either. I guess that's to stop overcrowding and can't really blame them. 

No idea if the Quarry is any bigger, unless anyone on here is in the know we may not find out until on site!

On 14/07/2017 at 5:40 PM, rfc_478 said:

You're right, they didn't last year. Quarry headliners didn't clash (that much) with main stage headliners either. I guess that's to stop overcrowding and can't really blame them. 

No idea if the Quarry is any bigger, unless anyone on here is in the know we may not find out until on site!

They've said on twitter it's a lot bigger