Y Not Festival 2017

Wagon

13 hours ago, TheDHolford said:

So, where is best to camp. Me and the girlfriend are going, was considering booking the family camping just so we don't have a load of idiots around us. I saw that they've said there's 3 party sort of camping areas, are there quieter ones? 

We camped in the quiet field last year and it wasn't at all tbh. Wasn't horrendous but wasn't quiet till 4ish. Paid a bit extra this year to go VIP camping in the hope of it been slightly quieter. 

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy to see This Feeling is going to be there this year, been to a few of their bands nights and they've always showcased good bands.

Really hoping for some decent bands performing before Feeder on the Thursday, Pigeon Detectives or Reverend and the Makers would be amazing!

Anyone know when they'll release stage times? I've made a playlist, just worried some of the acts I like will clash :L

We booked Family camping last year as we took our kids and it was fairly quiet, Mainly just middle aged people who wanted more room to set up their huge gazeebos which was annoying.

We've booked family again but also early enrty so hopefully we'll be able to get set up somewhere that isn't miles from the car park 

20 hours ago, TheDHolford said:

Happy to see This Feeling is going to be there this year, been to a few of their bands nights and they've always showcased good bands.

Really hoping for some decent bands performing before Feeder on the Thursday, Pigeon Detectives or Reverend and the Makers would be amazing!

Anyone know when they'll release stage times? I've made a playlist, just worried some of the acts I like will clash :L

I was hoping for Reverend & The Makers too but I believe they are playing elsewhere,

Last year they released a planner on the website and they have told me they will be doing so again but no sign of it so far

On 24/06/2017 at 2:05 PM, BigChief said:

Probably been asked loads, but is Y Not any good? Having missed out on Glastonbury this year I am looking for a bit of a festival fix.

If you like generally guitar based music and are going for just music, then yes it does a job  

if you want a festival experience to rival Glastonbury, I wouldn't go to y not. The music is all there is to it in my opinion. The daytimes are really boring. 

I'm the same, no glasto and kind of regretting booking y not, I should've just given festivals a miss for the year as I can't see any comparing

I think it depends on what you want from the festival to be honest.

You can't compare it to Glasto in terms of size, and nothing will ever be similar in size again.

However for me having done both YNOT is able to compare to Ynot in my opinion. For the sheer amount of stages they have, the family entertainers, the food vendors, the alcohol choice etc. 

Ok, you don't get as many big names doing political speeches, or no advanced screening of films, nor do you get the same stature of bands which bring with it a certain atmosphere.

But as far as festivals of this size go, especially within the midlands its a pretty good shout. I enjoy it and find plenty to do throughout the day, plenty going on, always an acoustic act or comedian on somewhere.

If not it's nice enough just sitting round the main arena, and also having hte heavier bands in the giant squid provides some good up close and personal performances from bands that would demand bigger slots else where.

it's a bout as good as you can expect for a festival of it's size IMO

Edited by ShorttyE

2 hours ago, ShorttyE said:

I think it depends on what you want from the festival to be honest.

You can't compare it to Glasto in terms of size, and nothing will ever be similar in size again.

However for me having done both YNOT is able to compare to Ynot in my opinion. For the sheer amount of stages they have, the family entertainers, the food vendors, the alcohol choice etc. 

Ok, you don't get as many big names doing political speeches, or no advanced screening of films, nor do you get the same stature of bands which bring with it a certain atmosphere.

But as far as festivals of this size go, especially within the midlands its a pretty good shout. I enjoy it and find plenty to do throughout the day, plenty going on, always an acoustic act or comedian on somewhere.

If not it's nice enough just sitting round the main arena, and also having hte heavier bands in the giant squid provides some good up close and personal performances from bands that would demand bigger slots else where.

it's a bout as good as you can expect for a festival of it's size IMO

100% agree. Spot on

12 hours ago, Wilko888 said:

When do tickets get sent out?

If I remember rightly they start sending them the 2nd week of July,

If you haven't got them a week before the festival just ring the customer service and they arrange for you to pick them up at the box office,

That happened to me last year and it was really easily solved

8 hours ago, Wagon said:

If I remember rightly they start sending them the 2nd week of July,

If you haven't got them a week before the festival just ring the customer service and they arrange for you to pick them up at the box office,

That happened to me last year and it was really easily solved

Hope they come before then, I've got to sell one!!

Edited by efcfanwirral

5 hours ago, Wagon said:

Looks like you may have someone interested just above

Does anyone know when the complete Thursday lineup was announced last year? There has to be more than just Feeder doesn't there?

It was announced months before this, so they must be really scrambling for someone decent or they're gonna stick some no marks on. I'm happy with just Feeder tbf so anything else is a bonus.