Y Not Festival 2017

Wagon

8 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Frank Turner defo on the Friday? I thought I'd read that was Twin Atlantic in that slot. Shame as I'm not that arsed about seeing The Vaccines again, wouldn't be bad but hopefully the 3rd stage has someone decent on.

Yeah. 

Frank Turner (Fri), Example (Sat), TA (Sun)

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some nasty clashes on that Sunday for me. Top 3 on main stage will be a fun end to the weekend and good value for money. Glad I saw Frank Carter and PABH on their tours though and I've seen Twin Atlantic loads of times.

Friday is a bit empty, gonna have to check out the small acts I've not heard of. 

11 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Some nasty clashes on that Sunday for me. Top 3 on main stage will be a fun end to the weekend and good value for money. Glad I saw Frank Carter and PABH on their tours though and I've seen Twin Atlantic loads of times.

Friday is a bit empty, gonna have to check out the small acts I've not heard of. 

The Allotment stage generally has some great smaller acts on when they come to announce that. If you struggling with Friday.

It's a shame Jack Rocks aren't involved with it this year though. 

Edited by craigb

A little disappointed, quite a few clashes like Vaccines and Frank Turner, Frank Carter and Two Door Cinema. Sunday is looking a little empty till around halfway through but Friday and Saturday make up for it as I don't think I'll have any empty space through the whole day! 

29 minutes ago, TheDHolford said:

A little disappointed, quite a few clashes like Vaccines and Frank Turner, Frank Carter and Two Door Cinema. Sunday is looking a little empty till around halfway through but Friday and Saturday make up for it as I don't think I'll have any empty space through the whole day! 

Let me recommend Menace Beach and God Damn who are both on early on Sunday. Worth checking out defo.

For everyone worried about clashes between the two bigger stage headliners, if it's the same as last year the quarry headliners finished about 45 minutes before the main stage headliner finished on Fri/Sat so should be able to see a good chunk of both. On the Sunday I think the Quarry headliner finished before the Main headliner even started. 

I'm happy with the day splits, Saturdays definitely the strongest day for me I'll be at the mainstage from Declan McKenna onwards, might even go to see Fickle Friends as well. Slightly disappointed with the potential clashes on Sunday I'd have liked to have seen all three headliners on Bin Gin, Quarry and Giant Squid, does anyone know when the timetable/day planner app was released last year?

Will the order on the poster be the running order for The Quarry? I'd assume so, but seems very strange having Idris Elba on first!

Edited by alexlloyd

1 hour ago, alexlloyd said:

I'm happy with the day splits, Saturdays definitely the strongest day for me I'll be at the mainstage from Declan McKenna onwards, might even go to see Fickle Friends as well. Slightly disappointed with the potential clashes on Sunday I'd have liked to have seen all three headliners on Bin Gin, Quarry and Giant Squid, does anyone know when the timetable/day planner app was released last year?

Will the order on the poster be the running order for The Quarry? I'd assume so, but seems very strange having Idris Elba on first!

Idris is going to be on late night, after the headliners finish. Think that was in a previous press release. 

1 hour ago, Pigeon Detective said:

Seems to be 1 or 2 missing off the main stage Friday? 

I'd say one- there's 8 on Sunday and 7 on Friday. Mr Motivator will be on earlier than the first bands on the other days 

I'm happy enough- always knew The Vaccines and Frank would clash, just hope that Frankie T finishes a bit earlier like the Quarry headliners last year so I can see some of both.

The other headliner clashes work out well for me as I was always going to see the Phonics and don't care for Example, and will be seeing 2Door at Reading so will see Twin Atlantic here.

Lower down there was always going to be a few clashes, but it's nice to see how it's worked out. Plenty of good stuff on all stages all 3 days for me so excellent value for money! (Plus an extra few £ for Feeder on the Thurs!) 

Edited by rfc_478

Saturday looks the worst for me,

Can't stand Jake Bugg, Slaves don't really interest me, netiher does Example or Lethal Bizzle.

Will probably see Stereophonics as I haven't seen them before,

Looks like Mr Motivator will be the highlight.

I'm happy that on Friday Cast clash with Clean Bandit as Clean Bandit are awful and Cast are Incredible live! 

The only disappointment for me is that there is no decent alternative to Stereophonics. If Frank T or Twin Atlantic were or on that day, it would be a no brainer.

The rest of the lineup looks really good. Plenty of new, exciting, upcoming bands to check out in the day. Trash, Superfood, Menace Beach, Spring King etc...

1 hour ago, ToffeePopcorn said:

Do they stagger stage finish times at Y Not? Never been before but gutted if Frank Turner and vaccines clash - main people I care about on the Friday. Also, has anyone made a decent-ish clashfinder at all?

Last year they had a planner on the website, hopefully they'll do that again

What's YNOT like for it's policy on drugs? Just how strict are they since Leeds festival anyone can get with anything by the looks of the last few years I've been too.

Is YNOT more strict less strict? Obviously don't mind about weed, since that's a festival staple but hate being around people who are drugged up off their faces on MD etc.

Looking at Friday, think it's going to be main stage all day apart from not really wanting to see Clean Bandit and hopeing to catch most of Frank Turner's set before Vaccines.

Who do we reckon will be on the same time as Clean Bandit/ who should I try checking out on the Friday. Hoping to see Magic Gang as they were amazing when I saw them live a few weeks ago, just an odd crowd.

I received an email from them over the weeked to say that they will be providing the planner/clashfinder function again on the website:

Good morning, 

Following your query the festival have confirmed there will be a planner feature coming to the YNOT website for 2017's festival.

This will be available a little closer to the festival.

Kind regards, 

--
Rachael
customerservice@outgoing.co.uk