Y Not Festival 2017

Wagon

On 4/15/2017 at 3:29 PM, peruvianjoco said:

They played Truck festival last year

Any Idea when the next announcement will be? - hoping to see a few more pop punk / harder rock bands added to the bill 

Last year all of the main acts had been announced by this time,

The smaller stages were then announced at the start of July so this might be it for larger acts

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Wagon said:

Last year all of the main acts had been announced by this time,

The smaller stages were then announced at the start of July so this might be it for larger acts

Does that go for the stage splits as well or were they announced earlier?

6 hours ago, Wilko888 said:

Does anyone know if there will be an extra outdoor stage and if some of the tents will be increased in size?

Yeah. I did interview with festival organiser - Simon Mawbey. A quote from that interview.... 

"There will definitely be some site refinement this year, the second stage will be getting bigger and we’ve been looking at how we can make the site the most efficient and pleasant as it can be for the festival goers"

11 hours ago, craigb said:

Yeah. I did interview with festival organiser - Simon Mawbey. A quote from that interview.... 

"There will definitely be some site refinement this year, the second stage will be getting bigger and we’ve been looking at how we can make the site the most efficient and pleasant as it can be for the festival goers"

Was that the one they Retweeted the other day?

I read that, all sounds promising

11 hours ago, Wilko888 said:

Thanks for the info. Do you know if they will release a site map?

Sorry I dont have that info. Not sure if they released it last year or just got it on site. Someone may be able to answer that better than me. 

It's not hard to get lost at Y Not is still a fairly inimate festival. 

3 hours ago, peruvianjoco said:

I didn't even realise they had announced stages?

They haven't, they just said the following in both of their announcement blogs

1. "Heading up The Quarry, we welcome EXAMPLE & DJ WIRE, and TWIN ATLANTIC."

2. "We also have the bearded troubadour himself FRANK TURNER, bringing his eclectic range of thought-provoking folk songs for an intimate headline solo set in The Quarry."

18 minutes ago, VinylDelusion said:

They haven't, they just said the following in both of their announcement blogs

1. "Heading up The Quarry, we welcome EXAMPLE & DJ WIRE, and TWIN ATLANTIC."

2. "We also have the bearded troubadour himself FRANK TURNER, bringing his eclectic range of thought-provoking folk songs for an intimate headline solo set in The Quarry."

Ooh Interesting, wonder who will head the Giant Squid other than (I presume Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes)

On 29/04/2017 at 2:16 PM, Wilko888 said:

What's it like trying to get alcohol into arenafrom the VIP field? I've been to Kendal calling a few times never struggled there, went to t in the park last year and searches were more thorough? 

Easy, as long as it's not in your hand you're fine. They don't pat you down or anything. There's actually two entrances to the arena, one it's pretty much impossible to get caught with it as there's like one steward, so I just tend to use that one. It's the less used entrance, it's only a small site so you'll become familiar with it all pretty quickly.

The one time I did get caught was when the cans I had fell out of my shorts as I walked into the arena. The steward said I could stand there and drink them or bin them, so I put one in my pocket as I started drinking the other and as I was drinking it, the steward went off to do something else and told some other steward to watch me and not let me in with the drink. So I finished that can, binned it and headed off with the other can still on me as the new steward obviously assumed I only had one. So even when you get caught you still get a drink in haha. 

Just booked my tickets!

Been to Leeds Festival twice and decided something a little different and more relaxed this time around, do have a few questions to people who have been before though.

Where's best to camp? I'd prefer somewhere a little quieter where there's less hassle from people but still some sort of atmosphere.

What are the stages like? Can you get a good view wherever you stand, I know this is obviously a lot smaller than Leeds Festival but are the stages the right sort of size?

Very excited for the line up, though a little worried about clashes, does anyone know what sorts of days people are on? Like the headliners and who they'd be clashing with on the other stages? I'll be really annoyed if Frank Turner or Frank Carter are clashing with anyone...

1 hour ago, TheDHolford said:

Where's best to camp? I'd prefer somewhere a little quieter where there's less hassle from people but still some sort of atmosphere.

Rock N’ Roll Camping is decent. Alright atmosphere and can get some sleep! Like Leeds the closer to the arena area the louder and younger the crowd gets

What are the stages like? Can you get a good view wherever you stand, I know this is obviously a lot smaller than Leeds Festival but are the stages the right sort of size?

The main stage is small in comparison to Leeds. But can generally get a decent view. Left hand side generally easier to get further forward and less busy.

All other stages in tents. The second stage is getting bigger this year from last years demand and increase in capacity again.

Very excited for the line up, though a little worried about clashes, does anyone know what sorts of days people are on? Like the headliners and who they'd be clashing with on the other stages? I'll be really annoyed if Frank Turner or Frank Carter are clashing with anyone...

Headliners - Feeder (Thurs), The Vaccines (Fri) Stereophonics (Sat) & Two Door Cinema Club (Sun).
Frank Turner (Fri, The Quarry headliner), Not sure on days: Example (The Quarry headliner), Twin Atlantic (The Quarry headliner) 

6 hours ago, craigb said:

Headliners - Feeder (Thurs), The Vaccines (Fri) Stereophonics (Sat) & Two Door Cinema Club (Sun).
Frank Turner (Fri, The Quarry headliner), Not sure on days: Example (The Quarry headliner), Twin Atlantic (The Quarry headliner) 

Frank Turner defo on the Friday? I thought I'd read that was Twin Atlantic in that slot. Shame as I'm not that arsed about seeing The Vaccines again, wouldn't be bad but hopefully the 3rd stage has someone decent on.