Y Not Festival 2017

Wagon

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the increase in capacity this year was due to Noel Gallagher. It was a rather large jump in capacity for the festival so unless they manage to book at least one act of equal size I'd imagine it being the same or less. There were a few teething problems with the increased in numbers as well so who knows.

I like that there is only one outdoor stage. Suppose one more outdoor stage will help in some overcrowding tents for some acts. But the tents need a rejig. The silent disco needs to be in a bigger tent.

Either the This Feeling or BIMM tent needs to be nearer the main stage to pick up more passing festival goers. Criminally low crowds for some decent acts. 

Edited by craigb

• 3 months later...
On ‎05‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 10:28 AM, lazzareo said:

Anyone know when the bands will be announced and any rumours?  I think they were announced on the 8th Feb last year!

The Y Not Twitter page said some announcements are coming this month, so hopefully that means the first lineup news too. I'd probably say Manic Street Preachers are a good shout since they're playing Newcastle the week after the festival.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 8:38 PM, VinylDelusion said:

The Y Not Twitter page said some announcements are coming this month, so hopefully that means the first lineup news too. I'd probably say Manic Street Preachers are a good shout since they're playing Newcastle the week after the festival.

Playing Kendal Calling, so Manics are looking even more likely now

1 hour ago, Ashleebanks95 said:

tickets on sale tomorrow, will the line up come out with them??

Y Not with new owners are using a new PR team. They normally send out embargoed releases, going by the other festivals they do releases for. None for Y Not have been sent out yet. So unless publications hear something soon it's doubtful. 

Y Not used to do a bit out a countdown on their socials as well. 

But new owners, newly appointed pr. So who knows might be a surprise for punters and press! 

Edited by craigb

On ‎30‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 4:17 PM, DGrant261 said:

Metronomy, Franz Ferdinand & Manic Street Preachers is my guess

With Slaves, Jake Bugg & Maximo Park as subs

Can't see Manics headlining myself.

They did Truck last year which basically is a smaller version of Y Not - headliners there usually are lucky to even sub Y Not (see Catfish) - if Manics do play, they'll probably sub.

Metronomy are a good shout, not sure about Franz, I can't see them flying over because they're in Benidorm that weekend as well as Kendal.

I'd go with Metronomy, Stereophonics and probably someone like the 1975.

Subbing I'd say possibly Slaves, Jack Garratt and either The Wombats or Mystery Jets  (I don't know why I've gone for these, just all on tour around that time.)

2 hours ago, BeddingatReading said:

Can't see Manics headlining myself.

They did Truck last year which basically is a smaller version of Y Not - headliners there usually are lucky to even sub Y Not (see Catfish) - if Manics do play, they'll probably sub.

Metronomy are a good shout, not sure about Franz, I can't see them flying over because they're in Benidorm that weekend as well as Kendal.

I'd go with Metronomy, Stereophonics and probably someone like the 1975.

Subbing I'd say possibly Slaves, Jack Garratt and either The Wombats or Mystery Jets  (I don't know why I've gone for these, just all on tour around that time.)

Maybe Truck had the money to shell out for a bigger headliner, went for Manics as the big one and with the remaining money went for smaller headliners such as Kodaline. Editors, who headlined Y Not last year, supported Manics on their Everything Must Go 20th anniversary tour, so Manics are still definitely Y Not headline material. Plus the Kendal announcement makes it all the more likely.

4 hours ago, VinylDelusion said:

Maybe Truck had the money to shell out for a bigger headliner, went for Manics as the big one and with the remaining money went for smaller headliners such as Kodaline. Editors, who headlined Y Not last year, supported Manics on their Everything Must Go 20th anniversary tour, so Manics are still definitely Y Not headline material. Plus the Kendal announcement makes it all the more likely.

Are Catfish really a smaller headline?

46 minutes ago, oneoftherest said:

Truck normally has one bigger headliner, I know one of theirs for this year is pretty big so I don't think Manics are too small for Y Not by any stretch especially considering Editors headlined last year.

Do you know the Truck headliner or just know its a big one?

1 hour ago, joepeace09 said:

With the Libertines being announced for Festival on the wall the following week, could they be a possible Headliner ? Would be a great booking if they could pull it off. 

No chance, way too big for Y not.

Feeder are likely to be around at the time so could see them performing, possibly sub headlining, not sure how big they are these days, may even be third down.

I've also heard from someone who usually knows his stuff about festivals that Elbow are one of the headliners.

10 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

No chance, way too big for Y not.

Feeder are likely to be around at the time so could see them performing, possibly sub headlining, not sure how big they are these days, may even be third down.

I've also heard from someone who usually knows his stuff about festivals that Elbow are one of the headliners.

The Libertines bigger than Noel? 

Y Not may have a bit more cash to splash this year with the new owners wanting to hit the ground running 

16 minutes ago, craigb said:

The Libertines bigger than Noel? 

Y Not may have a bit more cash to splash this year with the new owners wanting to hit the ground running 

Libs are a LOT bigger than Noel IMO, Noel Gallagher was big with Oasis, but High Flying Birds are not that big. The Libertines have headlined Reading and Leeds, Glastonbury etc, if the festival do book them it'll be a massive booking and I'd love it if they did.

3 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Libs are a LOT bigger than Noel IMO, Noel Gallagher was big with Oasis, but High Flying Birds are not that big. The Libertines have headlined Reading and Leeds, Glastonbury etc, if the festival do book them it'll be a massive booking and I'd love it if they did.

I think The Libertines "stock" as dropped over the past few years. Glastonbury they have only played a "special guests" slot in recent years.

It would be a massive booking for them. Prob the biggest. Noel was a massive booking for them last year and they increased capacity on the back of it. 

But if a new festival in the North East can book them, don't see why Y Not can't. But it's prob looking more likely Stereophonics, Elbow, Jake Bugg.