Daft Punk

eFestivals

I had seen a couple of Daft Punk rumours by trusted users on American festivals boards, ie. Bonnaroo and Coachella (I know there always are Daft Punk rumours but more so than the past couple of years) but I'd just figured people were hoping for the same Alive '17 tour thing. A decent rumour on them should spice up the headliner race a bit more than the past few years anyway.

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

It fits in with their once-a-decade tour cycle, but I guess we'd need to see whether here's any other movement at all on that front before we all start constructing robot costumes.

yeah, I'd just spotted someone saying the ten-yearly thing in the headliners thread, when I went looking for if anyone is tipping them (they're not, just hopefulness).

Someone has mentioned they'd heard something on the radio recently about Daft Punk recording some stuff with The Weeknd. No idea if that's true, but I'd guess it makes touring more likely if they have new product to promote.

The good thing for you, Neil, about getting a nod this early is that if they announce a show anywhere then it makes this intel pretty likely to come off because nobody had really been talking about Daft Punk for the past two years whereas if there was nothing before they announced a show then your email would be inundated with "Daft Punk for Glasto" shouts with varying degrees of legitimacy.

3 minutes ago, Callum_96 said:

This would be huge if true but I struggling to believe it

that's pretty much where I am about it, tho the rumour is supposedly well sourced.

Then again, I know that people in the same position as the (ultimate) source sometimes say similar about other bands which turn out to not be true, so it could be wrong. Then again, sometimes these people are more remote than I think might be the case with this person and DP. If I wasn't thinking that I'd be quicker to think it's probably wrong than I am being.

(soz for any crypticness, it's about not giving too much away about where it's from).

Just now, mungo57 said:

the yearly Daft Punk rumour strikes again :P

yep, tho it's usually me that puts them down, rather than starts them. :lol:

As I say, this is well sourced. In theory, it should be accurate as there's no reason why this person should have said it if not true, and to be wrong would reflect badly on them - tho I've been sat here long enough to know these things are sometimes wrong anyway, for some reason or other.

The more I think about it the more I warm to the idea it might be right than when I was told about it first thing this morning, tho without any corroboration I'm crediting it with not much at the mo.