Daft Punk

eFestivals

3 hours ago, Diva Sam said:

I think for them to come out and say "this is not our countdown, it's fake" would squash all hopes of tours. But the fact that haven't confirmed or denied this fake alive2017 website makes me think that they do have something in the pipeline. But it is just nothing relating to this bastard of a website. 

Grasping at straws I think. It's a website not connected in any way to DP. The fact that they didn't acknowledge it means nothing.

7 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Actually, a more likely reason is the hearing issues that one of them has, where stage volume is meant to be a real problem.

They don't actually have to tour though. I know it's a scam for the punter but easy enough to put two blokes on stage in their helmets. Who's going to know?

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Walter Sobchak said:

His singing is just rather dull... The vague Daft Punk sound is the best bit of these songs. I'm not overly enthusiastic about this collaboration, but hey ho, I'm sure they're having fun.

• 1 month later...

I think it's a fake, but a convincing one. A clever clogs in the YouTube comments decoded the code in the video's description to find a bunch of different locations worldwide. These are identical to Daft Punk's tour dates in Alive 2007, including a date at Statford-upon-Avon, which Daft Punk certainly wouldn't play in 2017 since Global Gathering is no more. 

1 minute ago, JSmurphy said:

I think it's a fake, but a convincing one. A clever clogs in the YouTube comments decoded the code in the video's description to find a bunch of different locations worldwide. These are identical to Daft Punk's tour dates in Alive 2007, including a date at Statford-upon-Avon, which Daft Punk certainly wouldn't play in 2017 since Global Gathering is no more. 

Not that convincing since you've just debunked it right there! No way they'll play Straftford Upon Avon so definitely fake.

2 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Also the same art as Alive 2007, which seems a bit unlikely for a tour 10 years on