Daft Punk

eFestivals

4 minutes ago, Woffy said:

BBC4 & Netflix...watching fascinating stuff about music I often dislike yet thoroughly enjoying it!

70s bands are the best:

Lowly beginnings, talented individuals, success, egos, drugs / drink, somehow manage to churn out critically acclaimed / commercially successful stuff, more intraband hatred, break up, rehab, 20 years pass, reflection, reform, $$$. 

Usually some sort of drama on a private jet at some point too. 

Hands down the best one is the 3 hr Eagles documentary. So good.

7 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

There's a three hour Tom Petty documentary that's really good. And I only know about four songs. 

Ah, Margo Price was talking about that on a pocast the other day. WTF with Maron, i think.

22 hours ago, Woffy said:

BBC4 & Netflix...watching fascinating stuff about music I often dislike yet thoroughly enjoying it!

70s bands are the best:

Lowly beginnings, talented individuals, success, egos, drugs / drink, somehow manage to churn out critically acclaimed / commercially successful stuff, more intraband hatred, break up, rehab, 20 years pass, reflection, reform, $$$. 

Usually some sort of drama on a private jet at some point too. 

This is perfect, my first thought was Fleetwood Mac. All those documentaries, you know what's coming but it's still fun when you are taken there. 

3 hours ago, Chewie said:

Well it's the 27th and nothing happened on alive2017 website 

Even though it was clearly a fake, I'm still disappointed 

IF it isn't a fake then the announcement would probably not be until the folks in the US were awake, so there is still the tiniest glimmer of hope

5 minutes ago, t0paz said:

IF it isn't a fake then the announcement would probably not be until the folks in the US were awake, so there is still the tiniest glimmer of hope

Pretty sure they'd have thought of that when they created the site and had the countdown set to American time. 

I think we all knew it was a fake really, just shows how much we all want it to happen! 

4 minutes ago, RossTC said:

Do people think they will ever tour properly again?

hard to say. i mean, this is the same band who's last real live performance was in the middle of a random Phoenix concert for like ten minutes. they don't need to tour, but considering their live reputation they must know all it would take is a brief tour for the world to go Daft Punk crazy again

18 minutes ago, RossTC said:

Do people think they will ever tour properly again?

if i had to bet, I would put money on no. The reason being they are probably both very rich and therefore have no requirement to go on tour.

Having said that, there is always the chance, as if they did do any gigs they must be aware that the demand would be huge.

Edited by Memory Man

I was just going to say, I don't think they have any motivation to ever tour again, they are very rich, have always been quite reclusive and Thomas Bangalter has the well documented hearing issues that have plagued him 15 years. I just can't see them ever feeling the need to do it again, which is a shame for a lot of fans that never got a chance to see them.

I think for them to come out and say "this is not our countdown, it's fake" would squash all hopes of tours. But the fact that haven't confirmed or denied this fake alive2017 website makes me think that they do have something in the pipeline. But it is just nothing relating to this bastard of a website. 

The only time you ever get a press release from Daft Punk is when they are hawking some more overpriced seasonal merchandise, I wouldn't expect them to say anything about the website, fake or otherwise to be honest, unless it was real, in which case there would presumably have been a press release to go along with the announcement.

3 hours ago, Diva Sam said:

I think for them to come out and say "this is not our countdown, it's fake" would squash all hopes of tours. But the fact that haven't confirmed or denied this fake alive2017 website makes me think that they do have something in the pipeline. But it is just nothing relating to this bastard of a website. 

This is my thought, but the free publicity is good publicity as it's put them in the news and probably increased airplay