Daft Punk

eFestivals

22 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Didn't the previous Radiohead source(s) also specifically say Saturday?

yep - tho only one gave me (wrong) day info. I had three other RH sources.

The DP info is all on its lonesome, with a wrong day, and also many other good reasons to presume it's wrong.

Who knows, it might turn out to be right anyway, but I've no particular reason to think so now.

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

May have been Reading, but definitely one of them. I believe that a year or two later Atomic Kitten were due to play another festival and were asked if they were worried about what had happened to D&C.  They responded that as they were more musically credible than D&C they weren't concerned.

They were pelted offstage.

yes it was Reading, knew I had seen it somewhere. bless them. not their fault they are shit

9 minutes ago, Filthy said:

Close 

:lol::lol::lol:

Always remember hearing about that at the time but since it was pre-YouTube days never actually saw it. 

Bloody hell though, never thought I'd say this but shit music aside they actually come across as really cool kids. Must take a lot to be able to get up there fearless like that and still have a sense of humour! 

1 minute ago, arcade fireman said:

:lol::lol::lol:

Always remember hearing about that at the time but since it was pre-YouTube days never actually saw it. 

Bloody hell though, never thought I'd say this but shit music aside they actually come across as really cool kids. Must take a lot £6000 to be able to get up there fearless like that and still have a sense of humour! 

fixed it.

French dance duo Daft Punk were also through to be in the running, but organiser Eavis recently shot that one down, telling fans: "As ever, 99% of the rumours are untrue!"

Just noticed the above on the latest BBC article, not sure if it's old news or not but guess that confirms the inevitable 

Edited by mufcok

5 minutes ago, mufcok said:

French dance duo Daft Punk were also through to be in the running, but organiser Eavis recently shot that one down, telling fans: "As ever, 99% of the rumours are untrue!"

Just noticed the above on the latest BBC article, not sure if it's old news or not but guess that confirms the inevitable 

I knew that eFestivals site wasn't to be trusted.  I read somewhere that eFests were 100% sure Daft Punk were headlining, or something like that... ;)

3 hours ago, Filthy said:

Close 

I was there... biggest crowd of the weekend by some distance.

Being bottled off the stage was fair enough and I'm sure they would have expected it.  Subsequently being bottled off at the signing tent wasn't on as far as I'm concerned, and probably crossed the line into assault.

Gutted the rumour has been put to bed (yet again). They were brilliant  10 years ago in Barca, wanted this to be the year they graced the Pyramid. Havin' a good laugh with the headline rumours this year, as I thought Roses were nailed on too. Oh well, if it's KOL I'll be elsewhere. DANCING

I blame Neil for starting this topics and getting my hopes up :P

I watched that Daft Punk Unchained thing on Netflix on Thursday night. 

Was delighted to find out that Nile Rogers was singlehandedly responsible for their recent success, in addition to making Bowie great again in the 80s. Enlightening stuff. 

1 hour ago, Woffy said:

I watched that Daft Punk Unchained thing on Netflix on Thursday night. 

Was delighted to find out that Nile Rogers was singlehandedly responsible for their recent success, in addition to making Bowie great again in the 80s. Enlightening stuff. 

Didn't realise it was on NF. Might rewatch it.

Watched the Genesis one on BBC last night, actually pretty interesting

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Didn't realise it was on NF. Might rewatch it.

Watched the Genesis one on BBC last night, actually pretty interesting

It's a bit naff, tbh, Quark. Nothing from Guy-Man and the other one. They come across as very clever at self-marketing. And I like Daft Punk a lot.

That said, I love any music documentary in much the same manner as I could sit and watch a fledgling MTV Europe for hours on end as a kid. Even the shite was interesting. 

23 minutes ago, Woffy said:

It's a bit naff, tbh, Quark. Nothing from Guy-Man and the other one. They come across as very clever at self-marketing. And I like Daft Punk a lot.

That said, I love any music documentary in much the same manner as I could sit and watch a fledgling MTV Europe for hours on end as a kid. Even the shite was interesting. 

Didn't know a huge amount about them before I watched it, so probably more interesting for the newcomer I reckon.

With you on music documentaries though, standard Friday night on BBC4

Edit: as if by magic a Meatloaf documentary starts on BBC4!

Edited by Quark

7 minutes ago, Quark said:

Didn't know a huge amount about them before I watched it, so probably more interesting for the newcomer I reckon.

With you on music documentaries though, standard Friday night on BBC4

BBC4 & Netflix...watching fascinating stuff about music I often dislike yet thoroughly enjoying it!

70s bands are the best:

Lowly beginnings, talented individuals, success, egos, drugs / drink, somehow manage to churn out critically acclaimed / commercially successful stuff, more intraband hatred, break up, rehab, 20 years pass, reflection, reform, $$$. 

Usually some sort of drama on a private jet at some point too.