Daft Punk

eFestivals

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

A lot of that lineup wouldn't be too out of place, I don't know how big DP are in South America but I'd be surprised if they were headlining Coachella and subbing Lolla Chile

It won't be far off as the top three rows apart from Radiohead and Daft Punk have been leaked in the media for the South American Lollapaloozas, and The Strokes and Metallica have been named as headliners. So I think someone added Radiohead and Daft Punk as wishful thinking and had to choose only one of them to be the headliners.

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

http://www.nme.com/news/daft-punk/96669?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

Apparently they are doing Coachella, Lolla and Glastonbury

Interesting because the source on inforoo said they were coachella exclusive, so there is definitely a lot of false information flying around

good stuff. i'm still skeptical about any Daft Punk gossip coming through but the more that we get the more i'm letting myself get excited about the prospect of it (need to get that ticket secured before properly letting myself succumb to it though of course)

24 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

good stuff. i'm still skeptical about any Daft Punk gossip coming through but the more that we get the more i'm letting myself get excited about the prospect of it (need to get that ticket secured before properly letting myself succumb to it though of course)

Wednesday will be telling when they announce Lolla South America.  

There is nothing in that article however that says they are doing Glastonbury, merely just saying they are speculated and rumored for it.

11 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

"The timing would fit with Daft Punk playing live every ten years, with their only previous tours having taken place in 1997 and 2007."

i must have imagined all those other gigs that happened in 2006 (leaving aside the non-tour gigs in other years)...

Those were still part of the Alive 2007 run though weren't they.

21 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Even if they're playing Lolla I think they'd just be added to the lineup later on after Coachella has been the one to break the news of their return.

There's no breaking news of this sort anymore in the age of the internet. There's been no official announcement from anyone yet and everyone already knows there's going to be a tour of some sort so you'd think they'd just come out and say it.

Hopefully these 'rumours are false' reports are akin to the LCD denials last year.

In all seriousness, I can't see DP happening. If they do shows, I can't see them 'doing the festival circuit' either. It's just one of those things which is too good to be true for me. Same with Radiohead these days kind of, I'd be really happy with one of them let alone two.

these rumours are certainly having the desired effect on me.

IF they do tour, what do people think would be the make up of their shows? festivals and big arena (stadium?) shows as well?

I'm trying to plan for all eventualities.

Have been listening to Alive 2007 pretty much non stop for a while now - I'm worried that I might wake up one morning and think I'm in DP.

Edited by mjsell

2 minutes ago, mjsell said:

IF they do tour, what do people think would be the make up of their shows? festivals and big arena (stadium?) shows as well?

I'd guess that if they toured they'd only be doing festies &/or stadium shows.

It seems pretty clear that they're not fans of touring, so fewest shows for most money/biggest audiences - with perhaps a show or two extra they really fancy playing thrown in, maybe - seems the most likely thing i'd say.

That's how it normally goes with the biggest reluctant-to-tour bands who can guarantee themselves a massive audience.

27 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

someone atease who has some contacts around gigs says radiohead are not headlining that festival. He thinks that poster is fake.

Well tbf it had RH, Metallica, The Strokes, The Wkend and Daft Punk on it. Lolla Chile isn't like Lolla Chicago where they have two bigger outdoor stages so only 3 of them could actually headline anyway so RH not doing it wouldn't be that surprising.

5 minutes ago, GlastoSimon said:

Hopefully these 'rumours are false' reports are akin to the LCD denials last year.

In all seriousness, I can't see DP happening. If they do shows, I can't see them 'doing the festival circuit' either. It's just one of those things which is too good to be true for me. Same with Radiohead these days kind of, I'd be really happy with one of them let alone two.

Yes but DP aren't denying it, they just aren't commenting at all. Glasto makes sense for TV and Coachella does for the pay packet but big packets in general is what they will go for it it happens. They haven't waited so long to just take standard festivals paydays.

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

Yes but DP aren't denying it, they just aren't commenting at all. Glasto makes sense for TV and Coachella does for the pay packet but big packets in general is what they will go for it it happens. They haven't waited so long to just take standard festivals paydays.

To be fair, DP these days are probably more than willing to 'let rumours circulate' if it creates media interest etc. 

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

It seems pretty clear that they're not fans of touring, so fewest shows for most money/biggest audiences - with perhaps a show or two extra they really fancy playing thrown in, maybe - seems the most likely thing i'd say.

That's how it normally goes with the biggest reluctant-to-tour bands who can guarantee themselves a massive audience.

That would be a plus for Glasto being they would get the audience and the sales would most likely do a lot for them on top of that. If they could do that as well as their own big paydays I don't see why they wouldn't, and Glasto would be silly to say no.

1 minute ago, GlastoSimon said:

To be fair, DP these days are probably more than willing to 'let rumours circulate' if it creates media interest etc. 

Oh of course they are, they have been doing it for 3/4 years now lol. The Stones did that tbh, let the media talk it without actually confirming or denying till the end.

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

So the thinking is that if they are to play Glastonbury a Wembley (or similar) date could happen as well? or would Glasto count out any other UK dates?

Fucking Nora, I'm getting more excited by the day.