Daft Punk

eFestivals

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

I really don't think they would put NIN up against DP. Especially not if Ed Sheeran headlines.

Yeah Sheeran seems like the better alternative to NIN. But who are we kidding, NIN just probably won't end up happening anyway, as much as it killls me to say. End up with Chase & Status as well

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah Sheeran seems like the better alternative to NIN. But who are we kidding, NIN just probably won't end up happening anyway, as much as it killls me to say. End up with Chase & Status as well

Yeah if NIN played it wouldn't be against Daft Punk, not everyone is going to like DP and NIN are far to niche to be the rockier option as alternative.

16 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Yeah if NIN played it wouldn't be against Daft Punk, not everyone is going to like DP and NIN are far to niche to be the rockier option as alternative.

Yeah I agree. If they have a rock act agains Daft Punk it'll be something far more all-inclusive, which NIN aren't. Not sure who though. Royal Blood spring to mind but I think they're more of a Pyramid sub

Well, the recording with the Weeknd reports were true. But it's for his album, rather than theirs. 

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/09/the-weeknd-and-daft-punk-unite-on-starboy-listen/

Not sure if this makes things more or less likely. Still, it proves they are active in some way.

Edited by DropBeat

50 minutes ago, DropBeat said:

Well, the recording with the Weeknd reports were true. But it's for his album, rather than theirs. 

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/09/the-weeknd-and-daft-punk-unite-on-starboy-listen/

Not sure if this makes things more or less likely. Still, it proves they are active in some way.

a little less convincing than if they were working on a new Daft Punk track together, but like you say, at least they're active, which they haven't been (to our knowledge) for a couple of years now

Sure but we knew they were active (if they've ever not been) because of this whole Weeknd thing; so it was just whether it was for Weeknd's album or theirs.

I don't think they'll bring out any new material next year because when you think about RAM and how much hype there was and their guests (mainly Nile) talking about it for years leading up to it, we haven't really had any of that. Nevertheless, they've brought out enough new material since their last outing to just dive straight into touring without an album. I'm sure if they need something to promote there can be a compilation or a film or Daft Punk pogs they could get going.

RAM was being built up for years because it featured a load of loud mouths (aka Nile) who wouldn't shut up about their involvement with it - could just be that any new material doesn't have quite the same level of involvement from huge guest contributors as that album did (like their previous albums)

although you're probably right - they really don't need any new material and most people would be more than happy to just see Alive 2007 replicated with Get Lucky tacked on the end

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

although you're probably right - they really don't need any new material and most people would be more than happy to just see Alive 2007 replicated with Get Lucky tacked on the end

And Giorgio by Moroder.  Very definitely Girgio by Moroder.

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

RAM was being built up for years because it featured a load of loud mouths (aka Nile) who wouldn't shut up about their involvement with it - could just be that any new material doesn't have quite the same level of involvement from huge guest contributors as that album did (like their previous albums)

You mean Alive 2007 plus Contact ;)