Daft Punk

eFestivals

I was saying this before this years festival. Based on the reasoning that Emily iirc said they had moved the fallow year from 17 to 18 due to significant artist availability in 16 and 17.  Considering most acts that would fall into this category either played Glastonbury 16 (Adele) or headlined other festivals around the world (SR/Macca etc) so could have played this year and wouldnt have been reason enough to move the fallow year next year.

Except Daft Punk. Who, if they said we are only playing live in 17, you would make sure there was a festival on for them to play at.

3 hours ago, Quark said:

Tried both, still don't fully understand either.  But it was fun having a go.

Same. MDMA messes me up day after (well it did when I last took it when I was 20 - I am 28 now) and I've never got techno even when ON drugs.

Stick with a bit of weed and billy I say.

Can take or leave uppers at gigs but I'll admit a poster on the previous page has it right - nice spliff makes certain music much better live :D

10 minutes ago, Istari said:

I was saying this before this years festival. Based on the reasoning that Emily iirc said they had moved the fallow year from 17 to 18 due to significant artist availability in 16 and 17.  Considering most acts that would fall into this category either played Glastonbury 16 (Adele) or headlined other festivals around the world (SR/Macca etc) so could have played this year and wouldnt have been reason enough to move the fallow year next year.

Except Daft Punk. Who, if they said we are only playing live in 17, you would make sure there was a festival on for them to play at.

I like your thinking. 

31 minutes ago, Istari said:

I was thinking about this the other day, but kinda thought I'd made it up that Emily had said that. 

Definitely could work with the Daft Punk rumour.

3 hours ago, jparx said:

I also can't understand why some people dislike them so much. What's so utterly offensive about them compared to some of the other dross that has appeared at the festival over the years? :P

It's simply opinion and taste, innit. I personally get nothing from any dance music I've heard, but equally there's a big chance I've got a lot from some of the "other dross that has appeared at the festival over the years", as you put it.

I think different people take different things from music, which affects their taste. Some wanna feel aggression, some wanna feel heartfelt emotion, some wanna feel adrenaline, some just wanna dance to it, some wanna admire the technical ability on an instrument, some wanna admire originality, some wanna admire a voice that can hit all the notes, some wanna watch the dancing on stage, some wanna admire how cool the artist is. Etc etc etc. Taste and opinion.

On 9/7/2016 at 5:29 PM, dylangraham said:

I imagine they'll do a normal Daft Punk set for the main set, like Alive 2007, and then perhaps do an encore of Lose yourself to dance and Get Lucky with Nile Rodgers & Pharrell. Can't imagine them doing a full set with a band, but also can't imagine them ignoring the hype created from RAM

This. 

Who wouldn't want this as an encore?....

16 hours ago, rubenz said:

Contact from RAM would sound epic on a big system. The pharell ones on RAM are pretty lame but contact and the giorgio morodor one are both bangers in my opinion. 

Giorgio by Moroder is my favourite track from that album.  Love the combination of spoken word with a bangin' choon :)

21 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Homework is probably the better album, but I probably listen to Discovery more often.  It's more user friendly for consumption at home and it's got a fantastic opening run of tracks.  One More Time will slay the Pyramid field, if and when.

Definitely. They've been pretty naff since but whenever I think "oh there'll be something good on elsewhere", the thought of missing the big Discovery jams brings me back to the reality that they're unmissable.