Daft Punk

eFestivals

5 hours ago, Homer said:

I've never really gotten the Daft Punk thing either (the odd tune aside). I can't help thinking that if they didn't wear helmets and played live more regularly, about 75% less people would give a sh1t.

There's a lot to be said for not touring relentlessly. The pay days may be less frequent but they sure as hell are bigger!

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I mean

http://stagedoor.fm/2016/01/24/coachella-2017-nile-rodgers-confirms-appearance/

Nile did confirm he'd be at coachella in some capacity...

i think my stance with this Daft Punk rumour is, they won't do Glastonbury and not Coachella - so We'l just see how those rumours pan out

and he also said earlier this year (or possibly late last year?) that Chic were playing Glastonbury 2017.

On 06/09/2016 at 11:25 AM, eFestivals said:

we've heard a rumour that very specifically said Daft Punk would be headlining the Friday next year.

I've no idea if it's right or not, tho there's good reason to think it might be.

lol here we go again mind you more chance of DP than PJ lol

3 minutes ago, willd255 said:

Daft Punk have a song coming with The Weeknd. DP headlining, Weeknd subbing and then coming on as guest?

yeah i was thinking the same. was surprised he wasn't there this year so if he's got new material on the way i fully expect him to be booked next year in a prominent position 

3 minutes ago, willd255 said:

Daft Punk have a song coming with The Weeknd. DP headlining, Weeknd subbing and then coming on as guest?

I figured that it's more likely that it's The Weeknd's song and Daft Punk are doing some production work like they've recently done for Kanye and Pharrell. Can't really imagine them, both being huge worldwide artists, booking corresponding tour schedules though but perhaps.

Hello eFestivals,

New member here. I look for daily status updates on /r/coachella and this rumour got referenced.

12 hours ago, Bort said:

There have been rumors about them playing Coachella (and Primavera), but also "no, that's bullshit" info as well.

I think that you're talking about this.

I have no other contribution to this thread apart from saying that it's impossible not to be happy, even being a "rumour" at this time. :lol:

Being in Ibiza this year and seeing Around the World live for the first time blew me away, and I always just saw it as an okay track and nothing more. Fresh and Revolution 909 off of Homework along with Around the World are my favourite tracks from that album. Then of course, One More Time going off at the pyramid will be a really special moment