Saturday stroll round the site.... (Pics)

Stretlow

After the craziness of Friday night me and the wife were up early Saturday morning and took to the site for a stroll.

We've followed the festival for a good number of years before finally getting ourselves together to actually attend the last two.

Anyway took a few shots. 

Really nice to try and work out where everything goes and where we had had such a good time. The grass is returning (looks like rows and rows of seeds have been planted) 

Mental looking up into the pyramid field knowing that the last time i was in it I was glaring at tens of thousands of lights (during Cold play)

Stret

https://goo.gl/photos/TdN4jwvZtWWEmJJq9

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
57 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

A couple of random pics taken with my phone whilst walking around the site yesterday. The Wood area has been cleared a fair bit so there might be some expansion happening there?

20170212_140451_resized (002).jpg

20170212_140706_resized (002).jpg

20170212_142250_resized (002).jpg

20170212_145604_resized (002).jpg

20170212_155157_resized (002).jpg

20170212_155528_resized (002).jpg

So lovely to see the site, been missing it since the webcam went down, thanks. 
Charm x

On 9/5/2016 at 8:29 AM, Stretlow said:

After the craziness of Friday night me and the wife were up early Saturday morning and took to the site for a stroll.

We've followed the festival for a good number of years before finally getting ourselves together to actually attend the last two.

Anyway took a few shots. 

Really nice to try and work out where everything goes and where we had had such a good time. The grass is returning (looks like rows and rows of seeds have been planted) 

Mental looking up into the pyramid field knowing that the last time i was in it I was glaring at tens of thousands of lights (during Cold play)

Stret

https://goo.gl/photos/TdN4jwvZtWWEmJJq9

I can't get the link to work

29 minutes ago, joeyjarman said:

Same :( needed these to combat my Monday morning blues.

Great pics from @SPTFRE though, cheers :) 

44 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Yeah, I get a 404.

I posted these back in September I think (Just after Pilton party) I think i re-arranged my photo albums since then..

If people are still interesting in seeing them i'll create another link no problem 

1 hour ago, Stretlow said:

I posted these back in September I think (Just after Pilton party) I think i re-arranged my photo albums since then..

If people are still interesting in seeing them i'll create another link no problem 

I'm getting a 404 as well. If you could create another link, that'd be swell!

9 hours ago, phillyfaddle said:

.he looks so peaceful there. People and music bring him to life!

Top of the range old son. I agree.. 

It took me four years lol now we make a little pilgrimage and have a can o cider and pill to say thanks.... 

I know most go to the stones but they have become a bit of a mess nowadays imo.. A couple of years me and the wife picked up a load of those gas canisters and the wife's made a sort of mobile sculpture lol 

Has anyone ever visited the site using public transport? Me and the Mrs don't drive, but really want to go visit at some point when the fest isn't on. I know we'll have to get a train to Castle Cary, but not sure if it's possible to get a bus any closer to the site from there? I'd imagine it'd have to be a taxi...