Kendal Calling with kids?

OurFrank

Thanks for replying guys :) I'm really looking forward to it, it's my first festival since he was born so I've had a good few years off! Hoping for a decent line up now with a few bands my son and I like. 

What kind of things are there to do in the kids calling bit? 

On 9/3/2016 at 10:29 PM, OurFrank said:

Has anyone been to Kendal Calling with kids before? What did you think? 

Just wondering what's on for them as I have read it's family friendly. My son will be 5yo, it'll be his first festival and my first time at Kendal Calling

Yeah go for it. He`ll have a ball. Loads of kids his age running around the family camping playing football etc. Everyone there to have a good time and if you can keep the weans entertained your sorted !

They have a swing ride, big wheel ( not that big ) and a helter skelter which you pay for in the arena and then a kids field ( pretty small ) with free stuff going on all day. There is also a cinema and they publish the programme so you can plan ahead if you want to get a seat and get out of the sun for a couple of hours :ph34r:

Everything pretty close together so would say Kendal is pretty much perfect for his first one.

I have to say KC is very family friendly. I went for the first time this year and there was so many kids from all different age groups. None of them seemed bored at all. 

We went as a group and some of the other members of our group have kids who are going to bring their kids this time around. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

weve been taking my 4 year old since she was 6 months old, its her 5th festival now and always seems to have a good time. the biggest adjustment youll have to make is rather than standing in fields watching bands all day its better to pick the acts you really want too see and anything you catch on top of that will be a bonus. kids get bored stood at stages all day !

for headline acts and late night things we tend to take turns going to the stage while the other stays in the tent with the sleeping bairn