Slam Dunk 2017

Andre91

It's not going to be 5SOS, 5SOS could make far more money from playing their own shows, playing Slam Dunk would do them no favours and the festival just wouldn't book it due to backlash.

Blink could announce tour dates Sunday night to go on sale Monday morning, let all the initial fans get their tickets and then announce Slam Dunk on Wednesday. I don't think it's likely but I don't think it's out of the realms of possibility

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, Fast Drones said:

Haven't read the thread but how do we feel about Blink-182 being announced?  They're on the radio tomorrow and announcing a tour so seems fairly likely?

Unlikely but Slam Dunk would definitely go all out to get them, it's just if they would have been able to find a way to physically increase the size of the festival to accommodate Blink, it's very unlikely but not impossible.

Enter Shikari seems like the safest bet.

Main:
Enter Shikari
Jimmy Eat World
The Story So Far
Deaf Havana
State Champs
Against The Current
Creeper

Metalcore:
Asking Alexandria
Motionless In White
Blessthefall

Pop Punk:
Simple Plan
Tonight Alive
As It Is

Ska:
Less Than Jake
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
Zebrahead

Hardcore:
Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes
Touché Amoré
Coldrain

Just a rough estimate, not all placements are in the position i think they will be, just think they will be there.

Also expecting Modern Baseball, Saves The Day, Boston Manor, Waterparks, Can't Swim, Trash Boat and Casey all to be there.

3 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

Main:
Enter Shikari
Jimmy Eat World
The Story So Far
Deaf Havana
State Champs
Against The Current
Creeper

Metalcore:
Asking Alexandria
Motionless In White
Blessthefall

Pop Punk:
Simple Plan
Tonight Alive
As It Is

Ska:
Less Than Jake
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
Zebrahead

Hardcore:
Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes
Touché Amoré
Coldrain

Just a rough estimate, not all placements are in the position i think they will be, just think they will be there.

Also expecting Modern Baseball, Saves The Day, Boston Manor, Waterparks, Can't Swim, Trash Boat and Casey all to be there.

Looks realistic to me. I'd be all over that in a heartbeat. Touché Amoré into Frank would be top notch. The clash with Shikari, however would not :P 

Asking Alexandia headlining that stage is a great shout. I could see While She Sleeps being under them and Motionless In White third down, though? 

Just now, Andre91 said:

Looks realistic to me. I'd be all over that in a heartbeat. Touché Amoré into Frank would be top notch. The clash with Shikari, however would not :P 

Asking Alexandia headlining that stage is a great shout. I could see While She Sleeps being under them and Motionless In White third down, though? 

Left out WSS as they played in that slot in 2015 and didn't think Slam Dunk would book them back so soon in that slot

1 hour ago, Luke Routledge said:

Again going for a band way too big but what about Linkin Park? The only festival they could headline these days is Download and not doing that. No UK dates and loads across Europe. 

Could still headline Reading & Leeds without.

28 minutes ago, foolee said:

Enter Shikari aren't really that massive and don't really fit slam dunk, would be so disappointed with them... who is in the running apart from them and 5SOS which is quite frankly a ridiculous suggestion? 

Well it seems like the only realistic options we've come up with are Enter Shikari or Brand New.

ADTR can probably be ruled out due to still having a half sold your, would probably get Slam Dunk to announce some undercard first then them once they've had a chance to sell more tickets.

Brand New could definitely be announced, their tour with Biffy is more or less sold out apart from seated tickets and Biffy have just been announced for Download so clearly there's no reason that they couldn't now be announced.

Shikari said that their Halloween show was their last for around 6 months, 6 months puts us into May, which is obviously Slam Dunk time and they played as Shikari Sound System last year and are from 10 minutes down the road from the South even so could even be seen as a "homecoming" show of sorts.

Could the offspring be a possibility? Certainly would be considered a 'big' headliner, just unsure on how well they would go down with a younger audience. Another couple possibilities could be paramore (playing an old album in full would be great) and also fall out boy. 

I would take shikari or brand new in a heartbeat though. Would also love to see code orange, la dispute, turnstile, moose blood, touche amore and title fight. 

1 hour ago, losing44 said:

Could the offspring be a possibility? Certainly would be considered a 'big' headliner, just unsure on how well they would go down with a younger audience. Another couple possibilities could be paramore (playing an old album in full would be great) and also fall out boy. 

I would take shikari or brand new in a heartbeat though. Would also love to see code orange, la dispute, turnstile, moose blood, touche amore and title fight. 

FoB and Paramore are peaking in their careers, they won't take a step down to headline Slam Dunk and like any acts that big, could only be done alongside an arena tour and with the festival expanding.

53 minutes ago, lightning1000 said:

Probably some shit like all time low 

All Time Low doing a huge tour in March, which almost certainly means it's not them.

Announcement Wednesday and Shikari have been posting a picture of the Take To The Skies album cover with "Spring 2017"  under it. Someone tweeted Rou asking what it is about and he said we will find out "soon". Could it actually be happening? If so I'm going to look a fool for my post the other week that said Shikari aren't a band who will ever need to rely on nostalgia and playing albums in full :lol: 

Edited by Andre91

24 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Announcement Wednesday and Shikari have been posting a picture of the Take To The Skies album cover with "Spring 2017"  under it. Someone tweeted Rou asking what it is about and he said we will find out "soon". Could it actually be happening? If so I'm going to look a fool for my post the other week that said Shikari aren't a band who will ever need to rely on nostalgia and playing albums in full :lol: 

That would be one hell of a booking with Take To The Skies in full, not interesting in their stuff anymore as it's gone way to far into the dance/drum n bass spectrum for me to like however I loved that album.

8 minutes ago, foolee said:

That would be one hell of a booking with Take To The Skies in full, not interesting in their stuff anymore as it's gone way to far into the dance/drum n bass spectrum for me to like however I loved that album.

I'm an absolute Shikari fanboy and love everything they've ever done, but TTTS is my favourite album. It would be a genuine highlight of my life seeing that in full.