Slam Dunk 2017

Andre91

20 minutes ago, huntyyy said:

I say this with a decent amount of confidence that A Day To Remember and all of the bands on their tour will be playing at Reading Festival.

BMTH I believe to be headlining Reading, as I've believed for quite some time.

I can tell you with a lot of confidence that BMTH have ruled themselves out of headlining in 2017.

As for ADTR touring around January and February often ends up at Download, the other bands will definitely be at Reading, anyone could have guessed that, besides maybe NFG.

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Gozpot said:

I can tell you with a lot of confidence that BMTH have ruled themselves out of headlining in 2017.

As for ADTR touring around January and February often ends up at Download, the other bands will definitely be at Reading, anyone could have guessed that, besides maybe NFG.

BMTH haven't ruled themselves out. They said that they would prefer to have a year away from touring before headlining, but at no point have they flat out said that they are not headlining. I know it is knit-picky, but I don't think you can rule them out.

ADTR, New Found Glory, Neck Deep and Moose Blood all playing Reading is no surprise at all.

12 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

BMTH haven't ruled themselves out. They said that they would prefer to have a year away from touring before headlining, but at no point have they flat out said that they are not headlining. I know it is knit-picky, but I don't think you can rule them out.

ADTR, New Found Glory, Neck Deep and Moose Blood all playing Reading is no surprise at all.

BMTH as good as ruled themselves out, at this point they're very unlikely.

I did say that about all of them apart from I'd expect ADTR at Download.

On 21/10/2016 at 4:44 PM, Andre91 said:

State Champs the leading light of modern Pop Punk? If that's the case I'm checking out now. Knuckle Puck are twice the band State Champs are. Where is @justanothername to back me up when I need him :lol: 

On hiatus so I can headline with reunion hype
But anyway I would say that State Champs are the leading light in modern Pop Punk at all but I'd say that Neck Deep are at the moment. Also on the topic of State Champs I reckon they could headline the Pop Punk stage this year but their tour is just 2 months before so I have no idea if that rules them out or not.

On 30/10/2016 at 4:45 PM, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Image result for 5 seconds of summer

Good that this wont happen then

Anyway going off what Lucky said I'm going for either Shikari or Brand New. Would be happy with either but I'd prefer Brand New

1 minute ago, justanothername said:

On hiatus so I can headline with reunion hype
But anyway I would say that State Champs are the leading light in modern Pop Punk at all but I'd say that Neck Deep are at the moment. Also on the topic of State Champs I reckon they could headline the Pop Punk stage this year but their tour is just 2 months before so I have no idea if that rules them out or not.

Andre quoted me badly, i said one of the leading light, not the leading light, there is no denial that is Neck Deep however State Champs have a fair amount of momentum behind them and managed to get a main stage slot at Reading this year so they are definitely one of the leading bands in modern pop punk in terms of popularity.

5 seconds Of Summer would be very bad for business for Slam Dunk. Slam Dunk runs all the bars for the outfoor venues so by booking 5SOS to headline they would massively damage their bar takings (due to the young crowd) which is where a lot of these smaller festivals make most of their money.

Personally I don't think Shikari are big enough to take the headline slot. I suppose alexisonfire have to be considered, they were supposed to be headlining Hevy last year before it got pulled.

Surely Enter Shikari, A Day To Remember and Limp Bizkit (although I'm not sure they would come under the BIG bracket) have to be considered? When were Panic! announced last year?

If he were to play would Frank Turner headline?

Edited by foolee

1 hour ago, oneoftherest said:

5 seconds Of Summer would be very bad for business for Slam Dunk. Slam Dunk runs all the bars for the outfoor venues so by booking 5SOS to headline they would massively damage their bar takings (due to the young crowd) which is where a lot of these smaller festivals make most of their money.

Personally I don't think Shikari are big enough to take the headline slot. I suppose alexisonfire have to be considered, they were supposed to be headlining Hevy last year before it got pulled.

Whatever money they lose in alcohol takings they would more than make up for in merch takings I think. 

Hope I'm wrong though 

Edited by Pop Punk Sucks

1 hour ago, foolee said:

Surely Enter Shikari, A Day To Remember and Limp Bizkit (although I'm not sure they would come under the BIG bracket) have to be considered? When were Panic! announced last year?

If he were to play would Frank Turner headline?

Frank Turner wouldn't play, he doesn't fit it.

Panic were announced late November, like the 28th iirc.

Here's what I'm thinking:

Main: A day to remember / Neck deep / Deaf havana / The wonder years / State champs / Against the current / As it is

2nd pop punk stage: Good charlotte / Pvris / Cute is what we aim for / Set it off / Fenix tx / Waterparks / With confidence / Boston manor / Seaway

Metalcore stage: While she sleeps / The devil wears prada / Beartooth

Punk / Ska punk stage: Streetlight manifesto / The skints / Zebrahead / The menzingers / Creeper

Hardcore punk stage: Frank carter and the rattlesnakes / Sick of it all / Touche amore

55 minutes ago, Shaun182 said:

Main: A day to remember / Neck deep / Deaf havana / The wonder years / State champs / Against the current / As it is

2nd pop punk stage: Good charlotte / Pvris / Cute is what we aim for / Set it off / Fenix tx / Waterparks / With confidence / Boston manor / Seaway

Punk / Ska punk stage: Streetlight manifesto / The skints / Zebrahead / The menzingers / Creeper

Hardcore punk stage: Frank carter and the rattlesnakes / Sick of it all / Touche amore

Wow, the Pop Punk stage is so bad. Literally the worst thing I have ever seen. Also Touche Amore could sub the hardcore stage

12 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Think it can very much be discounted. 

But 5S0S can't be? :lol: I'd say that blink 182 is more believable than 5SOS (not like either will happen though) 

46 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

How is blink more likely than 5SOS? 

How are 5SOS more likely than Blink?

Blink are in Europe just two weeks later, could come over earlier, play Slam Dunk then a few arena shows to fill the gap between Slam Dunk and their first festival.

5SOS would also be recieved which lots of hate from the regular atendees, unlike Blink.

Blink-182 are not playing Slam Dunk. Get that out of your head now :lol: 

I think the headliner will either be ADTR or Shikari. Although I'm not so sure on Shikari. They're meant to be going away for a little while and I reckon they could be at Reading on an exclusive, like what has been said before.

ADTR (or Shikari) / Neck Deep / Lower Than Atlantis / Marmozets / Deaf Havana / State Champs / Creeper

Edited by Andre91

24 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Blink-182 are not playing Slam Dunk. Get that out of your head now :lol: 

I think the headliner will either be ADTR or Shikari. Although I'm not so sure on Shikari. They're meant to be going away for a little while and I reckon they could be at Reading on an exclusive, like what has been said before.

ADTR (or Shikari) / Neck Deep / Lower Than Atlantis / Marmozets / Deaf Havana / State Champs / Creeper

Why could it not be Blink alongside an arena tour? No different to people saying ADTR with no dates around them.

Blink with dates in London, Cardiff, Manchester, Glasgow and maybe one other date the following week after Slam Dunk would be fine, unlikely but completely possible.

3 hours ago, Shaun182 said:

ADTR, State Champs, As It Is, Pvris, The Skints, Sick of it all. Yeah I'd do that.

2 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

Why could it not be Blink alongside an arena tour? No different to people saying ADTR with no dates around them.

Blink with dates in London, Cardiff, Manchester, Glasgow and maybe one other date the following week after Slam Dunk would be fine, unlikely but completely possible.

Blink are massively bigger than ADTR LOL.

1 hour ago, Gozpot said:

Because Blink are fucking massive. It isn't going to be Blink. Ever. It is completely IMpossible. 

Might as well reveal that Metallica are headlining Bloodstock. It's completely possible. 

Edited by Andre91

13 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Because Blink are fucking massive. It isn't going to be Blink. Ever. It is completely IMpossible. 

Might as well reveal that Metallica are headlining Bloodstock. It's completely possible. 

Blink are big yes but alongside an arena tour their demand would be reduced a lot, you act as if Slam Dunk wouldn't accept Blink as a headliner alongside an arena tour?

Ofcourse they would and Why would Blink reject more money?

ADTR are big but wouldn't be doing any other shows around then, if Blink with an arena tour the week after are too big then so are ADTR with no other shows.