Slam Dunk 2017

Andre91

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm fairly happy with the lineup, not counting clashes I'll happily go and see Shikari, Don Broco, NeckDeep, Deaf Havana, Beartooth, Against Me!, Zebrahead, CIWWAF, Crossfaith, Madina Lake, Citizen, blackfoxxes.

Anyone else people can recommend checking out?

4 hours ago, thewayiam said:

It looks like Download have majorly fucked them this year, 2 acts that I'd actually bother going for so that's me out. Not worth  £50 for me.

Apart from Touché and Basement all the decent acts played Slam Dunk last year (not counting Dillinger as they'd never play Slam Dunk). Anyway I'm not bothered by really wanting to see 5 acts as Shikari doing TTTS is a one off thing, Turnover tours over here are quite odd (and only been here a few times) and Sorority Noise have only been to the UK 2 and will be there first time with the new album so I'm fine with that. Keep forgetting that We Are The Ocean are gonna be there and given it's the last shows I'm happy with that. Neck Deep tour loads though but always fun live and I've got 10+ others that I'm slightly interested in seeing as well but if there are only 2 acts I'd say it's not worth it man which is a shame

57 minutes ago, jcarb said:

Older stuff was more referring to We can breathe, I always consider that super old as it was around well before TTTS (I think I still have the original recording on my old iPod) but then they re-recorded and re-released it (Kind of like they did with Jonny Sniper, which proper threw me off when I first saw that played live aha!)
I did absolutely love when a jealous man though, but it'd probably go down terribly with only a small portion of the crowd knowing the song aha!
Well, I'm still hopeful that they go all out for Slam Dunk and play other b sides. 

Ahhhh I get you. I kept forgetting Space was a demo first. Anyway I doubt they'll change it. Too many b sides would be a bit much for the main crowd I think though I'm in favour for dropping other non TTTS songs for those b sides

45 minutes ago, jcarb said:

I saw a poster on one of those weird round billboards for slam dunk in Leeds the other day on my way home which I'm hoping aren't the stage spilts.
But it Had Enter Shikari, Don Broco, Neck Deep and Bowling for Soup at the top of each section (which I guess is hinting at each stage headliner?).
I'll try take get a picture on my way home later, saying that though I'm sure it had Beartooth and a few other heavier bands right under Enter Shikari so I'm doubtful it's even close to the actual stage splits as surely they'd be on the heavier stage and not that high up?
But the Bowling for Soup stage has the correct order of bands.

If it isn't the stage splits, it's a little weird to be postering them around as surely that'll cause confusion if the splits are due soon ish?

Yeah I saw this. Someone saw one in Sheffield and posted it on the event page and it's no the stage splits and Slam Dunk confirmed that. Anyway we know that's true as Don Broco are subbing the main and Bowling for Soup and Neck Deep clashing is stupid. I have a photo of it actually it if you look at the acts it's just similar ones. Don't know why've they've done that and not just the posters they've used on social media. Just confusing everyone.

received_1294425867309363.png

15 minutes ago, AndrewSmith said:

I'm fairly happy with the lineup, not counting clashes I'll happily go and see Shikari, Don Broco, NeckDeep, Deaf Havana, Beartooth, Against Me!, Zebrahead, CIWWAF, Crossfaith, Madina Lake, Citizen, blackfoxxes.

Seaway. In my opinion out of all the really Poppy Pop Punk bands they're the best. Also WSTR are just Neck Deep so if you want more of that then. I'd say Sorority Noise are the best band on the line up but that's just me. Turnover are great too and maybe worth a listen if you like Citizen. Boston Manor, Like Pacific and Trophy Eyes are all something you may enjoy as well. I say that's enough to keep you busy :P

10 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

They can't book the same bands every year though. Download hasn't snatched thaaat many prospective bands away from them. There's a fair few but it's not Slam Dunk's fault if you have a limited pool of bands you like and are unwilling or don't want to check anyone else out. 

I agree not to book the same every year. In all fairness though I'm way out for he age group really for Slam Dunk so I don't think it's really fair to say unwilling to check others out. And yes within all this I probably do have a limited amount but I saw a good 6/7 bands last year so just a better year.

5 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Apart from Touché and Basement all the decent acts played Slam Dunk last year (not counting Dillinger as they'd never play Slam Dunk). Anyway I'm not bothered by really wanting to see 5 acts as Shikari doing TTTS is a one off thing, Turnover tours over here are quite odd (and only been here a few times) and Sorority Noise have only been to the UK 2 and will be there first time with the new album so I'm fine with that. Keep forgetting that We Are The Ocean are gonna be there and given it's the last shows I'm happy with that. Neck Deep tour loads though but always fun live and I've got 10+ others that I'm slightly interested in seeing as well but if there are only 2 acts I'd say it's not worth it man which is a shame

We Are The Ocean and LTJ are it tbh. I'd see Reel Big Fish but I'm not that bothered and they don't have anywhere near the same impact for me as LTJ.

16 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Seaway. In my opinion out of all the really Poppy Pop Punk bands they're the best. Also WSTR are just Neck Deep so if you want more of that then. I'd say Sorority Noise are the best band on the line up but that's just me. Turnover are great too and maybe worth a listen if you like Citizen. Boston Manor, Like Pacific and Trophy Eyes are all something you may enjoy as well. I say that's enough to keep you busy :P

That's enough to fill a playlist for today, thanks :D

1 hour ago, justanothername said:

Ahhhh I get you. I kept forgetting Space was a demo first. Anyway I doubt they'll change it. Too many b sides would be a bit much for the main crowd I think though I'm in favour for dropping other non TTTS songs for those b sides

Yeah I saw this. Someone saw one in Sheffield and posted it on the event page and it's no the stage splits and Slam Dunk confirmed that. Anyway we know that's true as Don Broco are subbing the main and Bowling for Soup and Neck Deep clashing is stupid. I have a photo of it actually it if you look at the acts it's just similar ones. Don't know why've they've done that and not just the posters they've used on social media. Just confusing everyone.

received_1294425867309363.png

That's the one, it's awful lmao!
I saw it and just looked and was like nah, that's definitely not the stage splits but I just don't understand why they've done that they don't normally use posters like that. Definitely confusing people for no reason aha

Just now, jcarb said:

I saw it and just looked and was like nah, that's definitely not the stage splits but I just don't understand why they've done that they don't normally use posters like that. Definitely confusing people for no reason aha

Thats a pretty fucking heavy mainstage haha :D

1 hour ago, AndrewSmith said:

Listen through the Slam Dunk spotify playlist? I do this most years and end up discovering a few bands I end up liking. :D

Enter Shikari, Don Broco, Neck Deep, Beartooth, We The Kings, Less Than Jake, The Bronx, Frank Iero, The Movielife, Fenix TX ( :D ), Crossfaith, Stray From The Path, Seaway, Milk Teeth, WSTR, SHVPES, Puppy. 

That's definitely worth the ticket price. Shikari alone is worth the ticket price. 

2 hours ago, tyranicide said:

Still not sure if I can go yet as waiting to find out what dates my exams are, but even before stage splits I can see it's going be a clash-fest for me. 

What exams are they and what date toy doing? Because unless if it's South I doubt it should be a problem or your at Uni that has Saturday exams you should be fine. I haven't found out my exam time table but got my ticket ages ago as I knew it wouldn't be a problem as the earliest exam next would be the Tuesday. Also it's a nice day off so I say it's good for you :P

2 hours ago, jcarb said:

They used normal posters around this earlier this year so I don't know why they've gone for this format

2 hours ago, jcarb said:

Listen through the Slam Dunk spotify playlist? I do this most years and end up discovering a few bands I end up liking. :D

I would do this but a lot of the acts are also trash so a lot of skipping so I just listen to those I haven't heard of or bothered to listen to which isn't many anyway

22 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Enter Shikari, Don Broco, Neck Deep, Beartooth, We The Kings, Less Than Jake, The Bronx, Frank Iero, The Movielife, Fenix TX ( :D ), Crossfaith, Stray From The Path, Seaway, Milk Teeth, WSTR, SHVPES, Puppy. 

That's definitely worth the ticket price. Shikari alone is worth the ticket price. 

You need more Sorority Noise and Turnover in your life. 

40 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I missed WSTR but still probably no.

Wait so a £30 arena band on their own tour is worth £50 on this now?!

Edited by thewayiam

21 minutes ago, justanothername said:

I would do this but a lot of the acts are also trash so a lot of skipping so I just listen to those I haven't heard of or bothered to listen to which isn't many anyway

This is very true, I don't particularly enjoy ska so I end up skipping most of that aha!

5 hours ago, justanothername said:

What exams are they and what date toy doing? Because unless if it's South I doubt it should be a problem or your at Uni that has Saturday exams you should be fine. I haven't found out my exam time table but got my ticket ages ago as I knew it wouldn't be a problem as the earliest exam next would be the Tuesday. Also it's a nice day off so I say it's good for you :P

Uni exams for my course, but I've got six and don't really want to risk it if I've got more than one after Slam Dunk. Would be doing Midlands unless I can find someone selling a South ticket 

5 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I missed WSTR but still probably no.

Wait so a £30 arena band on their own tour is worth £50 on this now?!

Yes, because I adore Enter Shikari. They're Nottingham Arena show last year is the best non-festival show I've been to. 

And there is no way they're clashing Shikari, Broco and ND. No way. 

Edited by Andre91

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Yes, because I adore Enter Shikari. They're Nottingham Arena show last year is the best non-festival show I've been to. 

And there is no way they're clashing Shikari, Broco and ND. No way. 

This.

I've been for the last two years and some clashes were pretty bad, but not THAT bad.

I agree and I am there predominantly for ES.

By coincidence this will be the 10th time I will have seen them and they are in my top 3 live acts, totally worth £50 in my eyes but let's not undermine the rest of the bill - there are some really, really good bands this year.

Plan for me is to have a beer in each hand, go see some bands I haven't seen before with my mates then get fully rowdy for Shikari. 

All in all, a splendid spread.