Slam Dunk 2017

Andre91

1 minute ago, Arun1910 said:

Tickets are only £44. If there are 4 bands you want to see, that already justifies the ticket price? Thats £11 per band. LTJ and RBF won't clash as they are one after another.

There is wanting to see them and doing so because they are there. 3 of the bands aren't worth more than £11 a band to me though.

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Arun1910 said:

Tickets are only £44. If there are 4 bands you want to see, that already justifies the ticket price? Thats £11 per band. LTJ and RBF won't clash as they are one after another.

Tickets are £49 with fees. Also this logic makes no sense. You would get over or at least an hour if you saw most bands at their own show, you're looking at half hour at best for most acts at festivals. When you pay to see a band at their own gig you also get 2 support bands too. 

So State Champs have just self confirmed they're playing The Power Fest in Amsterdam on June 1st, must put them in with a good shout to be playing now?

Sleeping with sirens, pierce the veil and issues are playing too, but I'd assume the first two would play relatively high up and probs would of been announced by now? And not that big on Issues so I don't really know about them?

and state champs could be holding out to be announced until after their March headline tour? Which hasn't sold out yet?

i know they're playing Download but that's over a week after this festival and they're perfect for Slam Dunk! Seems like perfect timing.

I'd be happy to see State Champs twice this year!

Worth noting that all 3 of the other bands you've mentioned are at Download too. I don't see how this makes State Champs likely at all, especially as like you say the other 3 bands probably won't be playing Slam Dunk. Pretty rare to see bands play Slam Dunk and Download in the same year and I think that will only happen more now that Download is actively trying to compete with Slam Dunk. 

9 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Worth noting that all 3 of the other bands you've mentioned are at Download too. I don't see how this makes State Champs likely at all, especially as like you say the other 3 bands probably won't be playing Slam Dunk. Pretty rare to see bands play Slam Dunk and Download in the same year and I think that will only happen more now that Download is actively trying to compete with Slam Dunk. 

Very true, just thought they could be in with a shout seeing as that Amsterdam date is only a few days after Slam Dunk.
That and they're highly requested, but you're right which sucks aha.
Damn Download stealing bands from Slam Dunk!

On 2/21/2017 at 9:48 PM, justanothername said:

I'm hoping for Title Fight (hardly tour the UK now though and no other EU dates yet), Joyce Manor and Code Orange (I know they've been announced for DL Spain but they weren't announced for DL UK even off the back of their successful 3rd album which has me a bit hopeful for Slam Dunk though their UK tour with Gojira might be the reason why)

I knew I'd seen someone on here mention Title Fight, don't know if you've seen or not but they've been announced for Outbreak Fest in Leeds in April.

21 minutes ago, peruvianjoco said:

Just got my exam timetable today and I have an exam 1:30-3:30 that day... -_- 

Reckon I'd be able to get there for 5pm - how worth it do you reckon that would be...?

Well if you get there for 5pm you've only missed 4 hours of music and still have another 6 to go, and most the bands who've played so far will probably be the smaller bands and you'd be able to see a good few other bands and whatever headliner you wanted. 

Really it depends on who you want to see, if you many want to go because you like a few of the bands on the bottom 3 lines of the poster then it's probably not worth it, but if you really want to see Shikari, Broco and the bands at the top of the poster then it probably will be 

On 01/03/2017 at 9:19 AM, jcarb said:

I knew I'd seen someone on here mention Title Fight, don't know if you've seen or not but they've been announced for Outbreak Fest in Leeds in April.

Yeah I saw and it's their only EU show which is annoying. They played this as apart of their UK tour in 2013 and was their only Northern date that time and given that they don't tour over here often it's annoying. They only did weekend tickets and I can't really afford £60 plus travel (would assume a mate at Uni) just for Title Fight and Gorilla Biscuits. Just hope they come back at the end of the year or next year with a new album but knowing my luck they'll do Outbreak as their only Northern date against :lol:

53 minutes ago, peruvianjoco said:

Just got my exam timetable today and I have an exam 1:30-3:30 that day... -_- 

Reckon I'd be able to get there for 5pm - how worth it do you reckon that would be...?

What exam is this? Can't see it being on the weekend and Monday is a bank holiday. Got me a bit worried but I'm certain my Uni has no exams on that day. Honestly I'd have another check of your timetable and ask around to be sure as I'm 90% sure that you shouldn't have an exam unless you do a weird subject

16 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Yeah I saw and it's their only EU show which is annoying. They played this as apart of their UK tour in 2013 and was their only Northern date that time and given that they don't tour over here often it's annoying. They only did weekend tickets and I can't really afford £60 plus travel (would assume a mate at Uni) just for Title Fight and Gorilla Biscuits. Just hope they come back at the end of the year or next year with a new album but knowing my luck they'll do Outbreak as their only Northern date against :lol:

Ah, I thought they'd do day tickets? I'm sure they have in the past but tbf I've never been enticed to want to go to Outbreak if I'm honest so wouldn't really know. Just thought it'd be similar to Ghostfest and how that had day tickets.
Hopefully they do closer to the date and you can jump on a megabus or something aha

3 hours ago, justanothername said:

What exam is this? Can't see it being on the weekend and Monday is a bank holiday. Got me a bit worried but I'm certain my Uni has no exams on that day. Honestly I'd have another check of your timetable and ask around to be sure as I'm 90% sure that you shouldn't have an exam unless you do a weird subject

my uni does exams on Saturdays

11 hours ago, jcarb said:

Ah, I thought they'd do day tickets? I'm sure they have in the past but tbf I've never been enticed to want to go to Outbreak if I'm honest so wouldn't really know. Just thought it'd be similar to Ghostfest and how that had day tickets.
Hopefully they do closer to the date and you can jump on a megabus or something aha

Only weekend tickets at the moment but they're £60 each (which I think is quite steep anyway) so if they did day tickets they'd probably be £40 and I can't justify spending around £50+ for seeing Title Fight not even doing a headline show. Even if it was the same day as Gorilla Biscuits I'd probably still wouldn't go just because it isn't worth it. Just hope they come back soon as they're pretty high on my list of bands I need to see

Also I live in Manchester so getting the train is not really any more expensive than Megabus :P

8 hours ago, Muppetmark said:

my uni does exams on Saturdays

Really? Man that sucks. 

On 3/4/2017 at 3:09 AM, justanothername said:

Only weekend tickets at the moment but they're £60 each (which I think is quite steep anyway) so if they did day tickets they'd probably be £40 and I can't justify spending around £50+ for seeing Title Fight not even doing a headline show. Even if it was the same day as Gorilla Biscuits I'd probably still wouldn't go just because it isn't worth it. Just hope they come back soon as they're pretty high on my list of bands I need to see

Also I live in Manchester so getting the train is not really any more expensive than Megabus :P

I agree with the ticket prices being quite steep, and it is a bit much to be paying for a single band especially with them not headlining like you said.
I'm suprised they're coming over here for a single show though, hardly seems worth it to me but they might be getting a decent paycheck for the exclusivity? 

11 hours ago, lightning1000 said:

Can anyone remember when we got the stage splits last year. I want to plan my day out to see if it's worth going on the Saturday as well if the clashes are bad. 

Stage splits were released at the end of March last year

On 09/03/2017 at 9:08 AM, justanothername said:

It's next week

Oops, thought they posted that next week thing on the Sunday.

Also yes, South is very VERY close to selling out. I suspect it will by the 13th March but it might even before this. Festival as a whole seems to be selling out the fastest I've seen in the past 4 years.

Also worth mentioning, book your hotels now, guys. Prices are absolutely insane. I booked my Birmingham NEC hotel at the Premier Inn, this is the breakdown.

Friday night - £58 (not bad)
Saturday night, aka Slam Dunk Night - £155

As a comparison, the same hotel last year cost me £44.

Can't remember off the top of my head what my Leeds one was, but it was around £60/70. Still need to do my Hatfield hotel.