Slam Dunk 2017

Andre91

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey All!

Needs some advice. I have a ticket for myself and i am planning to travel with my friend and we don't want to stay in a hotel. We are travelling from southampton. If we want to get home at a sensible time we need to leave before the show finishes. Any other suggested methods of travel looked at National Express and Trainline

11 hours ago, Corbin1989 said:

Hey All!

Needs some advice. I have a ticket for myself and i am planning to travel with my friend and we don't want to stay in a hotel. We are travelling from southampton. If we want to get home at a sensible time we need to leave before the show finishes. Any other suggested methods of travel looked at National Express and Trainline

If you want to get back to Southampton at "a reasonable time" you're gonna have to leave very very early, even if by reasonable time you mean last train home from Waterloo. 

On 1/10/2017 at 10:26 PM, Shaun182 said:

I'm predicting:

Main: Enter shikari / Don broco / Bowling for soup / Pvris / Tonight alive / We the kings / As it is

Ska / Punk stage: Less than jake/Reel big fish / Against me / Goldfinger / Mad caddies / The movielife / Creeper / The interrupters / Milk teeth

Pop punk stage: The wonder years / Cute is what we aim for / Set it off / Fenix tx / Knuckle puck / Roam / Boston manor / Trophy eyes / Like pacific

Metal stage: Beartooth / Crossfaith / Attila

Hardcore punk stage: The bronx / Sick of it all / Touche amore

I got an email saying that Slam Dunk is going to have new stages this year. Not sure if that means more stages or renaming.

I have a feeling the Ska/Punk Stage might become 2 separate things... That place is nearly full with just 2 announcements,

48 minutes ago, Cammers said:

Are Shikari playing TTTS in full or by 'celebration' do we think their set list is just going to lean heavily on that album?

Not seen any confirmation of this.

Think Rou has said it wouldn't the album in full as that's very gimmicky but the set would be very TTTS heavy. They've have suggested some of the B Sides are gonna be played as well (which I hope is true as I'd love for them to play The Feast). Anyway can't see them dropping many songs from that album. Overall I can see it being a similar thing to what YM@6 did in 2015.

I'm hoping/predicting that the Setlist for ES is going to be pretty big, they usually throw in loads of songs during their setlist.

1. Enter Shikari

2. Juggernauts

3. Destabilise

4. Radiate

5. No Ssweat

6. Mothership

7. The last garrison

8. Arguing with thermometers

9. Anything can happen in the next half hour

10. Ghandi

11. Labyrinth

12. Sorry your not a winner

13. Slipshod

14. The jester

15. okay time for plan b

16. Sssssnakespit

17. Anaesthetist

18. Return to the energiser

19. Hoodwinker

20. Solidarity

might of missed a few but would like to see something like this not really a fan of the mind sweep but should imagine they will play all the main hits plus half of TTTS.

2 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Mindsweep is top draw. Not much of a singles album though so can see why casual fans or younger crowd may not have vibed with it as much.  

I think The Mindsweep is their best album after TTTS. It's absolutely awesome and a real journey to listen to. 

Rou conformed on twitter that they will be playing Today Won't Go Down In History as they've never played it before. I'd love for them to play some other oldies such as Kicking Back On The Surface Of Your Cheek, Keep It On Ice or Thumper, although I can't see it. 

@justanothername Shikari played The Feast when they came to Lincoln four years ago, its was so, so sweaty but so damn good. Awesome night. 

38 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I think The Mindsweep is their best album after TTTS. It's absolutely awesome and a real journey to listen to. 

Rou conformed on twitter that they will be playing Today Won't Go Down In History as they've never played it before. I'd love for them to play some other oldies such as Kicking Back On The Surface Of Your Cheek, Keep It On Ice or Thumper, although I can't see it. 

@justanothername Shikari played The Feast when they came to Lincoln four years ago, its was so, so sweaty but so damn good. Awesome night. 

So jealous! :P I do hope they play it and tbh if I had to drop a song Today Won't Go Down. I want Ok Time For Plan B, The Feast, Labyrinth and No Sssweat but also love Kicking Back and Keep it On Ice. Reckon those two might be played as they're part of the b sides. Infact Kicking Back is on their youtube playlist for these shows.

Infact that would make a pretty good setlist. Wouldn't mind if they didn't play anything off the other albums or related b sides. Just keeping it to TTTS and The Zone would be perfect.

On 19/01/2017 at 11:05 PM, justanothername said:

So jealous! :P I do hope they play it and tbh if I had to drop a song Today Won't Go Down. I want Ok Time For Plan B, The Feast, Labyrinth and No Sssweat but also love Kicking Back and Keep it On Ice. Reckon those two might be played as they're part of the b sides. Infact Kicking Back is on their youtube playlist for these shows.

Infact that would make a pretty good setlist. Wouldn't mind if they didn't play anything off the other albums or related b sides. Just keeping it to TTTS and The Zone would be perfect.

I just can't wait for it, whatever they play :P I'll definitely be getting my fave Shikari song ever (Anything Can Happen...) so I'll be one happy dude. Adieu will be something else, too! 

So there's news on a new stage.

"We are pleased to announce our Fireball UK partnership with the reveal of our first stage at #SDF17! The stage will feature a line-up of the worlds finest ska & classic pop punk bands ever assembled in the UK!!"

Assuming this will replace the Ska Stage.

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, Gozpot said:

"We are pleased to announce our Fireball UK partnership with the reveal of our first stage at #SDF17! The stage will feature a line-up of the worlds finest ska & classic pop punk bands ever assembled in the UK!!"

image.jpeg

That would leave me no headliner alternative unless the pop punk stage pull it out.

3 hours ago, Gozpot said:

image.jpeg

It's not replacing the "ska" stage. It IS the ska stage just with a different sponsor. Fireball instead of desperados. 

Its always been skater/ska. Millencollin and similar bands have played it previously