Slam Dunk 2017

Andre91

So for me it is

Like Pacific (probably miss the end)  > Sorority Noise > Trophy Eyes (end of) > We Are The Ocean > Boston Manor/Crime In Stereo > Turnover > Citizen > Seaway > The Bronx (though I'm probably gonna get something to eat) > Enter Shikari

Gutted that I'm gonna have to miss Casey but I reckon they'll tour after the festivals are done and wish I could watch all of Trophy Eyes but hoping to get a good 15 mins of their set (especially since the stages are next to each other) but I love Sorority Noise and I can't wait to see them again :D 

Edited by justanothername

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, gary1979666 said:

Last year, was there a stage where the Fireball is this year?  16's ska stage is where the Sig Brew stage is this year.

The Fireball stage is in the far side near to the entrance so not really near the main stage that much. The outside stage in the courtyard is just as close to the main stage as this one and that's always been fine. 

So they've updated the app to state the actual location of the Monster energy stage at the north date and it's in the Civic hall car park, so another outdoors stage.
Makes sense to deal with capacity limits seeing as that's a massive complaint they get every year and with Neck Deep being on that stage. YES TO ALL THE POP PUNK OUTSIDE IN THE SUN! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you haven't heard yet there will be extra security checks this year. Not sure how extensive they will be but can imagine them being getting strict (and rightfully so after last night) so get there as early as you can and not bringing a bag unless you absolutely need it.

Also can I just say that try to have a good time this weekend and I hope that last night hasn't deterred anyone from going. Don't let these bastards stop you doing the things you love. I know I'm gonna be there watching some of my favourite bands with some of my favourite people. 

The worst thing about security last year was the clampdown on bringing food in.  In previous year we could bring in picnics. I wouldn't mind so much, but the food in there is pretty basic and I don't want burger van food for lunch and tea.  They confiscated a pack of wine gums last time round....just over the top! 

They confiscated wine gums? Ha.

At least we can go off site for food. Zebrahead and I are going to TGI Fridays. Apparently last year the backstage "Gourmet" burgers gave one of the crew guys food poisoning :|

As JustAnotherName said, try not to let all this stuff stop you going. If anything the Festival will probably feel safer, everyone will be alert and security will be higher. Terrorism tries to change how society acts and wants us to be fearful, let's not give them the satisfaction of controlling us. 

Utterly overhwelamed by Sunday. The best gig/festival I've ever been to for a variety of reasons. Perfect from start to finish. The weather was glorious, I saw every band I set out to see and basically all of those sets were absolutely wonderful. 

Enter Shikari are a national treasure and I am so proud and privileged be able to say I was there on Sunday. The greatest set I've ever seen and the most emotional, too. I have never cried so much whilst watching a band (I've seen them five times before) and I have never cried so much thinking about it afterwards as I have yesterday and today. But it's all for the right reasons. Nothing but pure joy. 

I can't emphasise just how special Sunday was :) 

2 hours ago, peruvianjoco said:

I thought Beartooth were great, also really fucking enjoyed Seaway

+1 on Beartooth. I was blown away by them. I saw them a few years ago at Leeds and they were bum, but they were excellent at Slam Dunk. Very enjoyable.

Yeah sick day for me. Wasn't as many stand out sets for me like last year and the music wasn't as good but I had way more fun this time around. For me Shikari and Seaway were mg favourites. Shikari doing Take To The Skies was a dream and was full on mental and I just had a load of fun at Seaway. Though all the other acts I saw (Turnover, Sorority Noise, We Are The Ocean, Beartooth and the end of Trophy Eyes) were all still great. Also met Cameron from Sorority Noise and what a top guy he was. He delt with my and my mates drunk asses for a bit. Also found out that he plays in Aaron West as well which is cool. Forgot to ask if he was gonna bring Old Gray to the UK though :P

7 hours ago, Andre91 said:

+1 on Beartooth. I was blown away by them. I saw them a few years ago at Leeds and they were bum, but they were excellent at Slam Dunk. Very enjoyable.

Tbh man you were quite drunk when I saw you at that point :lol:

3 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Tbh man you were quite drunk when I saw you at that point :lol:

This is true :lol: that beer and sun combo caught up with me part way through the Shikari set. I had to take some painkillers and sit down for Anaesthetist. Although they went into Return To Energiser straight after and I jumped back up and continued having a ball. Glad you had a sick one, dude! 

15 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Also met Cameron from Sorority Noise and what a top guy he was. He delt with my and my mates drunk asses for a bit. Also found out that he plays in Aaron West as well which is cool. Forgot to ask if he was gonna bring Old Gray to the UK though :P

Nice! I met him too, was such a nice guy, cool to know that he plays in Aaron West...wonder if he will be playing at 2000 Trees

Had a great time on Monday! Managed to see everyone I wanted!

Day ended up being: Fort Hope > Trophy Eyes > Milk Teeth > end of WSTR > Boston Manor > Beartooth > Seaway > The Gospel Youth > end of Don Broco > Enter Shikari

Highlights were Boston Manor, Beartooth, The Gospel Youth then Enter Shikari who were just on another level! Roll on Ally Pally!