Slam Dunk 2017

Andre91

12 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

I don't think it's an unfair expectation for people, especially young kids who have no experience at Slam Dunk or any other festivals (possibly even any other gigs) to go to a festival and expect to see every band they want to see (clashes permitting) without having to spend half an hour queuing to get into a stage, or in some cases, get up stairs or down stairs where there are various stages on either end. 

Well there is only one these kids will learn then ;) 

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stage splits have ended up ok to me so far (depending how close the times are this year to last year of course!

My day is looking like:

Like Pacific/Fenix TX > Sorority Noise/Trophy Eyes > The Gospel Youth > WSTR > Boston Manor > With Confidence > Beartooth > Citizen > Seaway > Don Broco > Enter Shikari....

But we all know with the queuing between stages it'll probably be something like The Gospel Youth > Boston Manor > With Confidence > Beartooth > Seaway > Don Broco > Enter Shikari :lol:

2 hours ago, lightning1000 said:

gozpot, not sure if you've noticed but the rocksound stage is just in alphabetical order.

if you look at efests line up and rumours page it's a different order with the gospel youth headlining and vukovi 3rd down which makes way more sense. I'm guessing that'll be the actual running order 

Interesting. These do make more sense though I guess though Casey are quite low down though. Although since they change the order of acts around I'm gonna leave it for now and just add on the competition winners since they're missing. If you want to change the order @Gozpot then go ahead

Edited by justanothername

10 hours ago, justanothername said:

Interesting. These do make more sense though I guess though Casey are quite low down though. Although since they change the order of acts around I'm gonna leave it for now and just add on the competition winners since they're missing. If you want to change the order @Gozpot then go ahead

I don't see any point changing it until we get the official stage times as either way it's guess work

Looked at the highlight stats of Slam Dunk and some is to be expected and some is quite shocking.

Headliners have have been highlighted the following percentages:

Enter Shikari: 62%
Neck Deep: 36.4%
Bowling For Soup: 28.8%
Tonight Alive: 22.3%
Against Me!: 20.0%
Memphis May Fire: 9.2% (Lower than Casey who are on the introducing stage.)

Some acts doing better/worse than i would have expected:

Beartooth: 43.6% (Second most highlighted act)
Crossfaith: 34.1% (Only behind Shikari, Beartooth, Don Broco and Neck Deep).
Boston Manor: 31.0%
Waterparks: 13.3% (Considering they've been getting a lot of coverage i expected more interest in them)
The Movielife: 7.9%

Seems like Memphis May Fire are going to struggle to pull a crowd at all.

24 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

Looked at the highlight stats of Slam Dunk and some is to be expected and some is quite shocking.

Waterparks: 13.3% (Considering they've been getting a lot of coverage i expected more interest in them)

Boston Manor I can understand, they are new to me and they do what they want to well. Tonight Alive I'm not surprised by, in between nothing going on with them but that's fine as the least crowd the better, the outside stage for BFS is going to be rammed. Don't get Waterparks myself.

Edited by thewayiam

3 hours ago, Gozpot said:

Surprised by Boston Manor but I just think it's mainly people who just think they're ok and know a few songs :P Also I wouldn't be surprised if Waterparks still pull a massive crowd. Their fan base don't seem the type of people to use clashfinders :lol: 
Also what are the stats for Turnover and Sorority Noise. Want to know if I have to get there really early to get in (the rest I'm fine with)

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Tonight Alive are garbage. That's why nobody gives a shit about them. Not as bad as Memphis May Fire, though :lol: 

You say Tonight Alive are garbage while hyping Shikari and Neck Deep.....I'll give you Memphis though. 

Tonight will move up lineups quick old Shikari, although some have almost every new rock/indie act in the past 8 years whether relevant or not. 

51 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

You say Tonight Alive are garbage while hyping Shikari and Neck Deep.....I'll give you Memphis though. 

Tonight will move up lineups quick old Shikari, although some have almost every new rock/indie act in the past 8 years whether relevant or not. 

Enter Shikari are one of the hardest working and most creatively sound forward thinking bands of the last decade. And Neck Deep are the best Pop Punk band the UK has ever produced. 

Tonight Alive aren't moving up any lineups :lol: they're already old-hat. 

Edited by Andre91

On 4/14/2017 at 1:08 PM, justanothername said:

Surprised by Boston Manor but I just think it's mainly people who just think they're ok and know a few songs :P Also I wouldn't be surprised if Waterparks still pull a massive crowd. Their fan base don't seem the type of people to use clashfinders :lol: 
Also what are the stats for Turnover and Sorority Noise. Want to know if I have to get there really early to get in (the rest I'm fine with)

Turnover at 21.9%
Sorority Noise at 18.9%
Looks like i'll probably be heading in during the act before to be safe for both of those too.

If anyone else wants to know any specific acts let me know.

3 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

I wouldn't risk it personally. Depends what stage they're on and what site it is. If they're inside at South then no way imo. 

That's a shame, I guess it will depend on stage times but I'll be going to North...

Would really like to catch both of those bands surely a lot of others will want to see both?

3 hours ago, peruvianjoco said:

Presumably if you left a Broco's set a bit early and got to wherever Neck Deep are playing quickly you could beat the rush?

I'd say that's too late. For the most popular bands you really need to get there for the start of the band before to guarantee getting in. 

On 4/14/2017 at 3:51 PM, Andre91 said:

Enter Shikari are one of the hardest working and most creatively sound forward thinking bands of the last decade. And Neck Deep are the best Pop Punk band the UK has ever produced. 

Tonight Alive aren't moving up any lineups :lol: they're already old-hat. 

Fuck are they lmao!, yet they are still scraping the 3rd/4th down with a co-headliner barrel/NME headliner! Bunch of bollocks that have been doing the same academy tours for years until they did an arena tour if you call it that.....with academy tour crowds haha. Haha We Came As Romans are better than Neck Deep and that's just for the Trouble Taylor Swift cover!

When a band like them starts doing album anniversary shows there is only one way that OLD-HAT as you put it is going.....down the line.....and it's about fucking time as well haha

8 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Fuck are they lmao!, yet they are still scraping the 3rd/4th down with a co-headliner barrel/NME headliner! Bunch of bollocks that have been doing the same academy tours for years until they did an arena tour if you call it that.....with academy tour crowds haha. Haha We Came As Romans are better than Neck Deep and that's just for the Trouble Taylor Swift cover!

When a band like them starts doing album anniversary shows there is only one way that OLD-HAT as you put it is going.....down the line.....and it's about fucking time as well haha

What a shit post. 

On 4/15/2017 at 9:03 PM, Gozpot said:

Turnover at 21.9%
Sorority Noise at 18.9%
Looks like i'll probably be heading in during the act before to be safe for both of those too.

If anyone else wants to know any specific acts let me know.

WSTR, Cute is what we aim for, We the kings and With Confidence? :)
Trying to gauge how best to spend my time between those two stages aha