Slam Dunk 2017

Andre91

On 15/03/2017 at 8:31 PM, No Bukowski said:

This.

I've been for the last two years and some clashes were pretty bad, but not THAT bad.

Bad how. I want to see none of those. It's completely subjective. Those 3 bands don't really have cross over. One is a pop band, one is a pop punk band, and one is a blend of metal/electronic music. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they were the stage splits in the slightest. 

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a go at making a clashfinder, copied the stage timings from last year except for the Fireball Stage as Spunge opened with extra time.

Couldn't see anyone who would fit the Metalcore stage as a headliner so i've left that as TBA and there was one gap left on the line up so i left that as one of the acts on the Fresh Blood stage.

Had a thought, if that leaked photo is correct, maybe they've put Don Broco to headline the ''Metalcore'' stage so stop there being a clash between Shikari and an act with a similar fanbase? However i didn't put that on the clashfinder.

http:///s/sd20187/

5 hours ago, Gozpot said:

Had a go at making a clashfinder, copied the stage timings from last year except for the Fireball Stage as Spunge opened with extra time.

Couldn't see anyone who would fit the Metalcore stage as a headliner so i've left that as TBA and there was one gap left on the line up so i left that as one of the acts on the Fresh Blood stage.

Had a thought, if that leaked photo is correct, maybe they've put Don Broco to headline the ''Metalcore'' stage so stop there being a clash between Shikari and an act with a similar fanbase? However i didn't put that on the clashfinder.

http:///s/sd20187/

I really hope Neck Deep aren't headlining any stage otherwise the clashes are going to give me a headache...

46 minutes ago, peruvianjoco said:

I really hope Neck Deep aren't headlining any stage otherwise the clashes are going to give me a headache...

Personally i think they are too big to headline that stage but i had no real idea where to put them unless they are sub-headlining and possibly Tonight Alive are headlining the Pop Punk stage?

15 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Neck Deep headlining a stage would be a huge PR risk for them as they get a lot of shit when people can't get in rooms to see bands. If that happened for Neck Deep the kids would go mental. Wouldn't bother me personally as would get closer to front for Enter Shikari.

Leeds arena is a stage this year though which holds about 13000 people (probably minus a few thousand as surely seating won't be open)? So that could probably counter the stage hitting capacity?
Don't know about midlands and south but I'm sure that'd resolve the issue.
Though a Shikari/Neck Deep clash would be killer for me!

4 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

I don't know really. I get that they don't have hugely similar fanbases, but I think for example a 3 band clash between Enter Shikari, Neck Deep and Bowling For Soup would be ridiculous. I'd argue if those 3 were on Main Stage they'd attract the 3 biggest crowds of the weekend. 

But surely putting the most popular acts against each other is how they regulate the crowd sizes?

8 hours ago, jcarb said:

Leeds arena is a stage this year though which holds about 13000 people (probably minus a few thousand as surely seating won't be open)? So that could probably counter the stage hitting capacity?
Don't know about midlands and south but I'm sure that'd resolve the issue.
Though a Shikari/Neck Deep clash would be killer for me!

Isn't really possible to increase the capacity at South, given it's on a University Campus they don't really have anywhere to expand to.

46 minutes ago, lightning1000 said:

Also milk teeth aren't on that clashfinder 

added them

4 hours ago, lightning1000 said:

Also milk teeth aren't on that clashfinder 

4 hours ago, lightning1000 said:

But surely putting the most popular acts against each other is how they regulate the crowd sizes?

Well yeah but if you stick them all on main you don't need to and people feel less conned in buying a ticket 

14 hours ago, lightning1000 said:

Good job getting it started. Doesn't seem to many spots left to fill now 

The acoustic stage and the Uprawr stage is all that remains by the looks of it.
Should be announced soon along with stage splits i'd assume?

16 hours ago, Gozpot said:

Stage Splits didn't come until early May last year, iirc.

I checked on the Slam Dunk twitter and they posted the splits on March 29th last year.
The stage times came at the end of April, they must be pushing the splits back a little this year though with two stages to announce (although they are pretty small stages and didn't make all that much fuss last year as they announced them all together and then the splits a few days later aha)
Hope it's soon so I can be put out of my misery with the whole will Shikari and Neck Deep clash aha!

On 17/03/2017 at 7:44 PM, lightning1000 said:

Bad how. I want to see none of those. It's completely subjective. Those 3 bands don't really have cross over. One is a pop band, one is a pop punk band, and one is a blend of metal/electronic music. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they were the stage splits in the slightest. 

It is subjective, yes. That would be a pretty bad clash for me as I happen to like all of those bands. However, I can't see Don Broco playing anywhere except main, which would put them subbing Shikari. Hence, the three bands not clashing.

Won't be shocked if Lucky is correct, why would they do the fireball stage like that on poster but not the others?

I don't see WATO playing as a 3rd opening band on their final tour and both Tonight Alive and I Prevail look a little low tbh, whereas Beartooth are getting around more recent and bigger names are going to clash.

15 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Won't be shocked if Lucky is correct, why would they do the fireball stage like that on poster but not the others?

I don't see WATO playing as a 3rd opening band on their final tour and both Tonight Alive and I Prevail look a little low tbh, whereas Beartooth are getting around more recent and bigger names are going to clash.

Check the line up poster to see that I Prevail are quite low down on the poster.

As for Tonight Alive i've matched them up to last years poster and based on that they won't be playing any higher. That's the slot Yellowcard had last year, hardly like Tonight Alive are bigger than Yellowcard playing Ocean Avenue in full.

Edited by Gozpot

1 hour ago, Gozpot said:

Check the line up poster to see that I Prevail are quite low down on the poster.

As for Tonight Alive i've matched them up to last years poster and based on that they won't be playing any higher. That's the slot Yellowcard had last year, hardly like Tonight Alive are bigger than Yellowcard playing Ocean Avenue in full.

Agreed with I Prevail but it could still be the correct stages but just bands to slot in. Tonight Alive might not be but thry are one of the band's of the moment and more current while Yellow Card probably got a better slit for playing that album, any other given time they are more filler from old that aren't current or sticking out really.

More additions tomorrow anyway but going by that arranged poster there is more chance of me going, I'd miss RBF but its LTJ than interest me. I could probably best the traffic and leave after them too although traffic isn't as bas as usual dye to the after party