Slam Dunk 2017

Andre91

4 hours ago, Arun1910 said:

Oops, thought they posted that next week thing on the Sunday.

Yeah but it was a bit funny. All of the other announcements have been within much shorter time so I don't know why they'd announce this quite far ahead when it's mainly going to be smaller bands. 

Also the first Take To The Skies shows are tonight in America. Going to be interesting to see how Shikari do these shows. Hope they play some of the b sides from that album. The Feast would be glorious.

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/03/2017 at 1:26 PM, justanothername said:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/enter-shikari/2017/the-glass-house-pomona-ca-5bf9d7c8.html

Oh boy I'm excited now. (Though they do need to bin Redshift from the setlist)

Awesome Setlist, although i hate a couple on there like Johnny Sniper and Redshit! There's nothing from flash flood of colour which is a shame.

Enter Shikari
Mothership
Anything Can Happen
Ghandi Mate
The Jester
No Sssweat
Juggernauts
Hoodwinker
The Feast
Labrynth
Radiate

Solidarity
Arguing With Ts
Thumper
Zzzonked

OK, Time for Plan B
SYNAW
Adeiu

I'd sh!t myself at a setlist of this calibre.

5 hours ago, callum97 said:

Awesome Setlist, although i hate a couple on there like Johnny Sniper and Redshit! There's nothing from flash flood of colour which is a shame.

I used to love Johnny Sniper but I don't mind though agreed on Redshift. Bin it for something better and I don't mind no Flash Flood of Colour as Take To The Skies is way better imo

3 hours ago, Cammers said:

No Zzzonked :(

Doesn't matter. They're playing The Feast

Edited by justanothername

Flash flood is my faveourite album but I don't mind them leaving out the usual stuff like Ghandi and AWT in favour of the TTTS stuff as we always get those two and it is the TTTS celebration. Would like to get to see some stuff like Warm smiles, pack of thieves and search party live, although I know I won't get any of them at Slam Dunk 

17 hours ago, Cammers said:

No Zzzonked :(

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/enter-shikari/2017/nile-theater-mesa-az-43f93fe7.html

Looks like they're making slight variations on the setlist, this one has Zzzonked on it!
I'd assume they'd change it again for SD and hoping they'll play some of their b sides/super old stuff

I'm hoping for We can breathe in space, acid nation or Kickin' back on the surface of your cheek myself
I'd even settle for the insomnia cover if it meant sacking Redshift of the setlist tbf

2 hours ago, jcarb said:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/enter-shikari/2017/nile-theater-mesa-az-43f93fe7.html

Looks like they're making slight variations on the setlist, this one has Zzzonked on it!
I'd assume they'd change it again for SD and hoping they'll play some of their b sides/super old stuff

I'm hoping for We can breathe in space, acid nation or Kickin' back on the surface of your cheek myself
I'd even settle for the insomnia cover if it meant sacking Redshift of the setlist tbf

Nah. It's the exact same set but they have just put Zzzonked in. Probably realized they have time for an extra song later on. Also can ask about what do you mean older stuff? They're doing every song of their debut. Unless you're wanting stuff from Nodding Acquaintance or Sorry You're Not A Winner EP (that being said Jealous Man With A Gun would be banging) it doesn't get much older than that :P

Also I reckon the only b side will be The Feast. May get something else of The Zone but doubt it

1 hour ago, Cammers said:

What's everyone's expectations for tomorrow? Decent size bunch of smaller stage acts?

State Champs
Greywind
Basement
Beach Slang

State Champs and Basement are at Download so that's probably a no and don't see any reason for Slam Dunk to hold back announcing Beach Slang. Also those 3 bands are far bigger than anything we're going to get tomorrow. 

57 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Nah. It's the exact same set but they have just put Zzzonked in. Probably realized they have time for an extra song later on. Also can ask about what do you mean older stuff? They're doing every song of their debut. Unless you're wanting stuff from Nodding Acquaintance or Sorry You're Not A Winner EP (that being said Jealous Man With A Gun would be banging) it doesn't get much older than that :P

Also I reckon the only b side will be The Feast. May get something else of The Zone but doubt it

State Champs and Basement are at Download so that's probably a no and don't see any reason for Slam Dunk to hold back announcing Beach Slang. Also those 3 bands are far bigger than anything we're going to get tomorrow. 

My bad - I am a SD virgin so not really acquainted with the download competition and size of acts that are expected. 

They were just some I was a little hopeful for :)

Tickets came yesterday so I can feel the excitement building in my plums.

25 minutes ago, Cammers said:

My bad - I am a SD virgin so not really acquainted with the download competition and size of acts that are expected. 

They were just some I was a little hopeful for :)

Tickets came yesterday so I can feel the excitement building in my plums.

No worries man. The line up will pretty much nearly be finished after this. Not sure if the Kerrang Fresh Blood stage is included in this announcement or it's in it's own one but someone on here will know. You'll have sick time though. Great little festival IMO. My ticket arrived last week so I'm getting quite pumped for this myself

5 minutes ago, hanscans said:

Twin Atlantic have a Slam Dunk-sized hole in their touring schedule so possibly them?

*edit* just noticed they're not free on one of the days so probably not

Was gonna say that they're in Brighton on the Sat but you've edited and I can't get rid of this box now :P

5 hours ago, hanscans said:

Twin Atlantic have a Slam Dunk-sized hole in their touring schedule so possibly them?

*edit* just noticed they're not free on one of the days so probably not

Wouldn't have happened even if they did have a gap, if they played they'd probably have been sub-headliners.

Edited by Little Sparrow

Found this on twitter. Not much added that gets me excited. May see Crossfaith and Puppy but meh on the rest. 

Doesn't bother me as I was going for Shikari all along and Neck Deep, Turnover and Sorority Noise have been some sweet additions for me. Still got loads of other acts I'd see as well but not fused about. Just as long as those 4 don't clash then all will be good

Also does anyone know when we're getting stage splits? Think it should be soon right

IMG_20170315_002730.jpg

Edited by justanothername

21 hours ago, justanothername said:

Older stuff was more referring to We can breathe, I always consider that super old as it was around well before TTTS (I think I still have the original recording on my old iPod) but then they re-recorded and re-released it (Kind of like they did with Jonny Sniper, which proper threw me off when I first saw that played live aha!)
I did absolutely love when a jealous man though, but it'd probably go down terribly with only a small portion of the crowd knowing the song aha!
Well, I'm still hopeful that they go all out for Slam Dunk and play other b sides. 

8 hours ago, justanothername said:

Found this on twitter. Not much added that gets me excited. May see Crossfaith and Puppy but meh on the rest. 

Doesn't bother me as I was going for Shikari all along and Neck Deep, Turnover and Sorority Noise have been some sweet additions for me. Still got loads of other acts I'd see as well but not fused about. Just as long as those 4 don't clash then all will be good

Also does anyone know when we're getting stage splits? Think it should be soon right

IMG_20170315_002730.jpg

I saw a poster on one of those weird round billboards for slam dunk in Leeds the other day on my way home which I'm hoping aren't the stage spilts.
But it Had Enter Shikari, Don Broco, Neck Deep and Bowling for Soup at the top of each section (which I guess is hinting at each stage headliner?).
I'll try take get a picture on my way home later, saying that though I'm sure it had Beartooth and a few other heavier bands right under Enter Shikari so I'm doubtful it's even close to the actual stage splits as surely they'd be on the heavier stage and not that high up?
But the Bowling for Soup stage has the correct order of bands.

If it isn't the stage splits, it's a little weird to be postering them around as surely that'll cause confusion if the splits are due soon ish?