Betsival weather 2016

Henrik

1 hour ago, The60ftOctopus said:

Why did you enter the competition then? 

Makes a great point.

Back on the weather. Still looking dry but not quite the wall to wall sunshine prediction of last week. A bit of cloud isnt a bad thing imo though - especially in the mornings

I was on the Island yesterday and there had been rain all night (not heavy) so the grass was wet but dried out rapidly during the day. With not much / maybe no rain forecast for the next few days it looks like the site should be perfectly green. We just need to keep an eye on the currently predicted showers on Saturday - but I could live with a few showers over heavy rain and mud! 

Thursday is looking pitch perfect (har-di-har-har) - Sat has me a little shaky but on the Island it can all change in the blink of an eye - the other week it was predicted as high winds and showers and it turned out to be too hot to do anything but bomb into the sea (never a problem). Keeping an open mind, but also keeping my welly boots <3

13 minutes ago, gibble said:

Fingers crossed.

I've only been to Bestival once before and it didn't rain - does it take much to turn the grounds to mud? I'm basically asking if the Sat forecast means I should be taking wellies!

I've never been when it has properly chucked it down for an extended period of time - but I'm not taking wellies. Walking shoes/boots can cope with most things.

29 minutes ago, gibble said:

Fingers crossed.

I've only been to Bestival once before and it didn't rain - does it take much to turn the grounds to mud? I'm basically asking if the Sat forecast means I should be taking wellies!

No, rain from a light shower will dry out really quickly. It got torrential on the Sunday night last year, but even then the mud was totally manageable.

2008 was the really bad mud year - but it rained a months worth of rain in one night on the Thursday. It was horrendous - as bad as a bad Glasto.

However there's no forecast of rain of that proportion so as long as the forecast is correct it shouldn't be an issue.