11 hours ago, Zac Quinn said:

Given Craig David subbing this year, it's not difficult to understand why !

The timing of that announcement coupled with the fact they just did a whole day of ticket giveaways on Capital FM doesn't suggest it's selling great, but that was entirely predictable. 

They seem to have totally done away with the tiny music tent, which is a shame - but again, if it's selling badly that is an obvious cost-cutting measure. Likewise they have majorly toned down the Comedy Tent this year, those headliners look very miserly compared to the years of splashing out on Alan Carr etc

Agree with all of this.  Seems to be selling really badly.  As far as i know this is the first year they have offered a payment plan as well.  

Comedy tent looks average at best.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Desperate times for V Festival. Just had this email. Normally advertising isn't working so they are going down this route.
200 notes is a rip off and people will not be fooled any more. Standard has dropped good style....

-----------------------------

EARNCOMPLIMENTARY TICKETS
Heading to Virgin V Festival with a group of friends? Why not sign up as an ambassador, invite your mates and receive a complimentary ticket on the house.
For every 6 tickets you sell youll earn 1 complimentary ticket. You can also earn bonus rewards such as a Virgin V Festival T-Shirt, VIP upgrades and side of stage access for you and one lucky guest.
Click below to find out more and register your interest.

36 minutes ago, Mr Nasty said:

Desperate times for V Festival. Just had this email. Normally advertising isn't working so they are going down this route.
200 notes is a rip off and people will not be fooled any more. Standard has dropped good style....

-----------------------------

EARNCOMPLIMENTARY TICKETS
Heading to Virgin V Festival with a group of friends? Why not sign up as an ambassador, invite your mates and receive a complimentary ticket on the house.
For every 6 tickets you sell youll earn 1 complimentary ticket. You can also earn bonus rewards such as a Virgin V Festival T-Shirt, VIP upgrades and side of stage access for you and one lucky guest.
Click below to find out more and register your interest.

Yeah I don't remember them ever doing that before, although then again it's been standard practice at other fests for years so it might just be a change in strategy rather than a panic measure

17 hours ago, aidenlangan95 said:

2 for 1 tickets going on sale tomorrow at 9am through ticketmaster for 24 hours.

Fuming having brought mine after last years fest.  

Not surprised though. Line up isn't great and the cost compared to other festivals is through the roof.

59 minutes ago, watsonjm said:

Fuming having brought mine after last years fest.  

Not surprised though. Line up isn't great and the cost compared to other festivals is through the roof.

I would be too, that's another kick in the balls to loyal goers.

How much of a negative impact will this have on sales for the next few years? Similar to BST with the charity tickets, I'd now hold out buying tickets until last minute in the hope that the BOGOF becomes a regular pattern (unless someone on my must see list gets announced).

6 minutes ago, LTTB said:

Quick question, first time at a festival, Cheltenham. I see Annie Mac listed at both sites on Friday evening, how is this possible?

Its not.  Annie Mac is at Cheltenham this year.  Weston is Chase and Status

1 hour ago, AndrewSmith said:

How much of a negative impact will this have on sales for the next few years? Similar to BST with the charity tickets, I'd now hold out buying tickets until last minute in the hope that the BOGOF becomes a regular pattern (unless someone on my must see list gets announced).

Very much this.  last year they offered VIP upgrade late on (later than this if i remember)  this year its BOGOF.  

Unless the line up is the absolute nuts i'll be waiting next year

2 hours ago, LTTB said:

Quick question, first time at a festival, Cheltenham. I see Annie Mac listed at both sites on Friday evening, how is this possible?

Helicopter or extremely fast car.. Radio 1 are live from Weston that night so presumably she'll do her show from there first and then run hell for leather down the M1

22 hours ago, aidenlangan95 said:

2 for 1 tickets going on sale tomorrow at 9am through ticketmaster for 24 hours.

£44 plus booking fee to see Jay Z and Stormzy is pretty good, if they'd made Pink the sub that day rather than headliner on the other day I'd be tempted. Really is adding insult to injury for people who paid full price in good faith before the line-up launch, though.

Edited by Zac Quinn

• 2 months later...
32 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Ahhh yeah, didn't cross my mind. Never seen anyone specify set times tho :huh:

Yeah I had to think for a minute why they'd be shaking punters down for clashfinders and turning peoples' Fruit of the Loom tags out. :P

Whoever is out there selling clashfinders at fests where they're monetising set times has certainly got their hustle on.

Edited by dentalplan