• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think it is two strong headliners but a very weak undercard, At any festival I much prefer average headliners and a strong undercard than the other way around, It could be just me. PS third year in a row not going to Weston park but to beautiful days instead.  

Edited by benus80

I'm really surprised Busted are billed so low done. They only did their massive arena comeback tour last year and are still riding on the back of that.

As for the headliners, Jay-Z - doesn't seem relevant for the type of audience V caters to these days (and like other people have said hasn't done anything of note for a while either)... Pink.... not sure what to make of that - when was the last time she was in the public eye? Certainly not headline material anymore.

18 minutes ago, PeterGregory said:

I'm really surprised Busted are billed so low done. They only did their massive arena comeback tour last year

People only went along to that arena tour because of Charlie being back with them, though. As soon as the novelty of that wore off everyone immediately stopped caring, hence why the album flopped and they struggled to sell an academy tour.

I'm more surprised by the low placings of George Ezra and in particular Clean Bandit, thought they'd be very high up bills this year

Edited by Zac Quinn

31 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

People only went along to that arena tour because of Charlie being back with them, though. As soon as the novelty of that wore off everyone immediately stopped caring, hence why the album flopped and they struggled to sell an academy tour.

Yes very true. I suppose if it was this time last year and they were announced, it would have been a different story.

43 minutes ago, Jasonbee said:

I'm really surprised Jess Glynne / Craig David / Rudimental are higher on the bill than Clean Bandit... I'd have thought they're pretty much all on the same level... A higher level than Stormzy too.

I think the lineup is one big fuck up, I feel it's them testing how cheap and nasty then can make it while still getting the full amount of ticket sales

2 minutes ago, Jasonbee said:

Emeli Sande would've been a decent sub for Pink... Whoevers in charge of this festival has got it so wrong with regards to positioning lol

Yeah nobody would have batted an eyelid if Craig David and Emeli Sande were in each other's positions, it looks and feels really weird this way around.

1 hour ago, Gavin Davis said:

it's embarrassing that even Latitude festival has better headliners than V festival....

Even more embarrassing is that Kendal calling has way better headliners, (manics, sterophonics and Franz Ferdinand) and the undercard wees all over V plus it is cheaper!  

I hadn't given much thought to this Pete tong thing before but I've just checked it out on YouTube and it looks incredible. Love the concept of live versions of the dance songs I grew up with - I wouldn't go to a dj set no matter how spectacular (Calvin Harris etc). if the Saturday day looks good overall when the splits are announced I'll consider it  

especially if this orchestra is second stage headliner 

6 hours ago, benus80 said:

Really at least they are bands who play musical instruments unlike most of acts on V but that is my personal choice.

I don't like Phonics or Franz but I'd watch Pink and Jay Z. The whole musical instruments thing is bullshit for me as if we're basing an act as better because of that then I think we are very lost. That takes the whole solo singing/rapping whatever (minus who are told old now etc to do it without miming) away. If someone can stand up there and sing and perform and deliver a great show but not be constantly playing a guitar or drums then I don't see an issue, you can learn to play instruments from a very younger age so we can start saying Billy Joes kids band is a better choice. 

15 hours ago, benus80 said:

Even more embarrassing is that Kendal calling has way better headliners, (manics, sterophonics and Franz Ferdinand) and the undercard wees all over V plus it is cheaper!  

Manics and Stereophonics (and most probably Franz Ferdinand) would never be a headliner for V nowadays as shown by their last appearances (sub and second stage if I remember correctly), so as for headliners they are not "way better", for V at least. At least Jay Z is almost relevant now with the huge success of Tidal and getting Bey pregnant :P

Edited by daniel.k

16 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

I hadn't given much thought to this Pete tong thing before but I've just checked it out on YouTube and it looks incredible. Love the concept of live versions of the dance songs I grew up with - I wouldn't go to a dj set no matter how spectacular (Calvin Harris etc). if the Saturday day looks good overall when the splits are announced I'll consider it  

especially if this orchestra is second stage headliner 

Just did the same thing and you're right it does look pretty cool.  Was a big Pete Tong fan back in the day so will almost certainly check this out.

Edited by watsonjm