Reading 2017 lineup suggestions and predictions

Nickolithebest

Hey I'm new to this forum but I'd like to get your opinion on who you'd want to be in the line-up and who you'd think will be in the lineup.

Id say Green Day and Foo fighters will headline but I'm unsure on the 3rd band that will headline. I'd love them 2 bands to as well. Even though I'd doubt they would headline, Violent Soho would be good in the main stage at some point as well

You Me At Six

Kings Of Leon

Arctic Monkeys

Thats potentially at this moment I think. If AM release a new album, which is supposed to happen by then. Otherwise we could see some sort of co headline, maybe with someone like Royal Blood. Kind of Leon are releasing new album, that's just a wild one I've thrown in there, not really sure what their relationship is with Reading and Leeds anymore. One thing I am pretty certain about, we will Catfish and the Bottlemen in a sub headline slot, potentially as a co headline similar to Royal Blood as mentioned above, but minimum sub headline as they didn't play this year. You Me At Six is obvious one, could see them playing co headline as well. Maybe not though. You've obviously got your classic rumoured headliners that fly around every year such as Foo Fighters, Greenday, Guns n' Roses etc. Although FF and Greenday are in with a very good shout for headlining along with Blink 182. Will have to wait and see. 

Edited by Jud8

9 hours ago, Jud8 said:

You Me At Six

Kings Of Leon

Arctic Monkeys

Thats potentially at this moment I think. If AM release a new album, which is supposed to happen by then. Otherwise we could see some sort of co headline, maybe with someone like Royal Blood. Kind of Leon are releasing new album, that's just a wild one I've thrown in there, not really sure what their relationship is with Reading and Leeds anymore. One thing I am pretty certain about, we will Catfish and the Bottlemen in a sub headline slot, potentially as a co headline similar to Royal Blood as mentioned above, but minimum sub headline as they didn't play this year. You Me At Six is obvious one, could see them playing co headline as well. Maybe not though. You've obviously got your classic rumoured headliners that fly around every year such as Foo Fighters, Greenday, Guns n' Roses etc. Although FF and Greenday are in with a very good shout for headlining along with Blink 182. Will have to wait and see. 

I can definitely see where your coming from. Especially with Kings of Leon. The main reason I said green day is because they're releasing a new album in October. Royal blood would be cool but I can't see them headlining. Maybe a subheadline. Artic monkeys have said that there won't be a new album in the near future. I'd love to hear a new album from them though, Similar to their first 2 albums 

I think either Blink 182 or Green Day will headline as the 'big' act Festival Republic now book (Metallica and RHCP's). Although I doubt it'll ever happen, I think Skrillex would kill a headline slot. But Chase and Status are a more likely headliner as they haven't played since 2013 (excusing Rebel Sound) and that was a sub headline slot...

18 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Chase and Status are nowhere near headline level. 

They've headlined Boardmasters and Wireless festival this year in the UK, although it's more likely they'll co headline if they were to headline as reading and Leeds are bigger than Wireless and Boardmasters

I think You Me At Six will be there high on the list but I doubt they'd put them as a main stage headliner/co headliner, maybe third or fourth from headliner?

Greenday would be a great shout, always pulling in massive crowds and with a new album coming I wouldn't be surprised or dissappointed if they were the 'big' headliner.

Blink are picking up speed again now so again it could be them but Personally I think it would be them OR greenday, not both :(

Kasbian or Arctic Monkeys are a safe bet too then maybe a more dancy/pop act I guess.

My perfect one would be

Fri: Blink 182

Sat: Paramore/Good Charlotte or Panic at the disco/Paramore

Sun: Fall out boy/ Greenday 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

with them having been announced for BST theres not a chance they'll do R/L next year

Don't suppose you've heard anything substantial concerning R&L? I think the consensus is that BMTH are most likely, Kasabian too. Although it appears pretty open as of right now.

if BMTH and Kasabian are two of em then i feel like they need a pretty big name for the third to stop it looking like a shit top tier. Kasabian aren't exactly on the up and up anymore and BMTH aren't a tried and tested headliner (although obviosly can put on a big show). need a Foo Fighters/Muse/RHCP/Metallica sized act to be the third, although i struggle to think of who's active next year (Guns N Roses are the only one who spring to mind)

31 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

if BMTH and Kasabian are two of em then i feel like they need a pretty big name for the third to stop it looking like a shit top tier. Kasabian aren't exactly on the up and up anymore and BMTH aren't a tried and tested headliner (although obviosly can put on a big show). need a Foo Fighters/Muse/RHCP/Metallica sized act to be the third, although i struggle to think of who's active next year (Guns N Roses are the only one who spring to mind)

Paramore. It won't be GNR

5 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Paramore. It won't be GNR

Paramore aren't that level i wouldn't have thought - they're still a new headliner who've only done co-headlining R/L over here and no other festivals. maybe a huge act isn't as necessary as i'm thinking, but they certainly seem to have had one in most previous years

• 4 weeks later...

I'd say friday headliners will be Royal Blood and Foo Fighters co-headlineing

Saturday should be a big heritage band like Areosmith or Guns and Roses. 

The sunday I wouldn't be suprised if they do Co-headliners possibly Paramore and Twenty One Pilots (TøP will probably want to come back and prove themselves after so much went wrong with this years Reading set)

other bands i'd look out for would be Panic!, Bastille, Catfish and the Bottlemen, BMTH, Neck Deep and Gerard Way. 

The most awesome headliners for me would be Muse, Linkin Park and Kasabian, but I can't see that happening!

I defo think Muse and/or Linkin Park could headline though.  Muse haven't done R/L since 2011 so they're well overdue (and I'm not biased, honest!!)  LP are headlining Download in Paris but not Donington so that leaves them wide open for R/L.  Stone Roses could be another punt although it will probably end up being someone like Kings of Leon - yawn...

Would love to see System of a Down back there, they are headlining Download but could be a sub head. Catfish, in my opinion, have to be main stage next year, along with Blossoms and Twenty One Pliots.  Nothing But Thieves higher up the bill as well, please.  You Me At Six I would say are a dead cert.  BMTH could be an option, although I wouldn't put them as headliners.  I would also love to see Coasts on the main stage.

Let's have The Wombats on the main stage as the first Friday act to kick the festival off in style and get everyone up for it like Frank Turner did this year - that was absolute class!