NOS Alive! 2017

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, davidthefly said:

Point was over the 3 days we are missing a fair bit of main stage bands. Would like Royal Blood, Prophets of Rage, Lorde to name but 3.

The Thursday looks strong but other 2 days need a bit more to be honest.

I think all 3 are a possibility, RB and Prophets are in Spain around then. Hope you get your wish :) 

2 hours ago, davidthefly said:

Point was over the 3 days we are missing a fair bit of main stage bands. Would like Royal Blood, Prophets of Rage, Lorde to name but 3.

The Thursday looks strong but other 2 days need a bit more to be honest.

Totally agreed, the line-up is for the moment a bit too chill-pop orientated with Spoon, Rhye, The XX, Glass Animals, Wild Beasts, Warpaint, Alt-J, The Kills, Savages and Blossoms. It's not really a downside cause with the sun etc it will be good feelings. But it sounds like a Primavera line-up without the diversity, need other kinds of music now (rock/folk/electro or even rap, but crowd raisers)

Just now, Tremousse said:

Indie if you want to, but you know what I mean, there's something atmospherical you can't deny

I guess they do sometimes use reverb more than others, but sound quite different to me. At least they're all pretty good acts, compared to some of the other stuff touring this summer..

1 minute ago, gregory said:

I guess they do sometimes use reverb more than others, but sound quite different to me. At least they're all pretty good acts, compared to some of the other stuff touring this summer..

Yes it will be 3 fantastic days anyway :)

Questioning what the night program is gonna be like, last year they had Grimes, M83, Soulwax, Hot Chip, Four tet, Ratatat etc.. I'm hoping for Moderat and Justice to be added, also Jamiroquai & Röyksopp would be nice adds.. 

I also feel like the line up feels a little bit empty on the undercard but I think the mixing is better now, if you compare the first 2 days of last year and the last day, I think you notice a difference in how stacked the first 2 look and how it lacks a bit on the last day. I'm positive for the next announcements tho, I'm expecting Royal Blood and others that were mentioned above to be added later. It's just a bit frustrating to get just one new name at a time, around what time is the line up mostly complete bc we're already february and we have like 19 names

I had some time in work the other day, so I made up a possible running order for the days so far. Thursday I guessed had 1/2 later acts on the second stage, with an opener for the main stage. Saturday was the same, but with more mid-level second stage bands. Friday had The Kills as opening main, then two gaps before Foos. I think Jimmy Eat World could take the spot after The Kills as they're around, would like Royal Blood in before Foos, assuming Biffy won't play two years running. There was also a late night band second stage and one or two slots throughout the day open, so I am hoping for some more acts that I'd really want to see.

Most of the late night gaps would be DJ's/electronic/dancier acts I'd assume too, maybe get Trentmoeller in if he wasn't there last year.

1 hour ago, Mushy25 said:

I had some time in work the other day, so I made up a possible running order for the days so far. Thursday I guessed had 1/2 later acts on the second stage, with an opener for the main stage. Saturday was the same, but with more mid-level second stage bands. Friday had The Kills as opening main, then two gaps before Foos. I think Jimmy Eat World could take the spot after The Kills as they're around, would like Royal Blood in before Foos, assuming Biffy won't play two years running. There was also a late night band second stage and one or two slots throughout the day open, so I am hoping for some more acts that I'd really want to see.

Most of the late night gaps would be DJ's/electronic/dancier acts I'd assume too, maybe get Trentmoeller in if he wasn't there last year.

Jimmy Eat World will be in Florida supporting Incubus