NOS Alive! 2017

hi, been to benicassim a few times and looking to go to nos for the first time this year. Just a couple of questions if anyone can help, looking at hotels, is the centre of Lisbon as good as any? Also is it possible le to get taxis from the festival back to hotel after say the main act around 12/1am? Going with the Mrs and she doesn't fancy getting the train then. Cheers.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 03/01/2017 at 11:48 AM, stubbs said:

hi, been to benicassim a few times and looking to go to nos for the first time this year. Just a couple of questions if anyone can help, looking at hotels, is the centre of Lisbon as good as any? Also is it possible le to get taxis from the festival back to hotel after say the main act around 12/1am? Going with the Mrs and she doesn't fancy getting the train then. Cheers.

We went to see AC/DC at Passeio Maritimo de Alges which I think is the same venue for NOS. We stayed in the centre of Lisbon and got the train which didn't take too long and drops you outside the gig. The biggest pain in the ass was after the show when they had set up some kind of pedestrian traffic control and sent everyone wanting to get back to the train station the long way around, over the flyover and around so what should have taken 5 minutes took nearly 45. I can understand why they do it, the entrance to the train station is very small but it's something to factor into your decision. There were buses laid on too, they were pretty frequent and didn't take long to get back in town. It may be different for NOS, I don't know. If there's a taxi directly outside and it's reasonably cheap (which I doubt), take it but you'll have to obviously do that 3 times of course and it could add up. My advice would be, Stay in the centre of beautiful Lisbon and if you don't mind the trek over the flyover and the additional time it takes to get there after a long day, go to the bus station and catch a bus back into town

Edited by SPTFRE

13 hours ago, SPTFRE said:

We went to see AC/DC at Passeio Maritimo de Alges which I think is the same venue for NOS. We stayed in the centre of Lisbon and got the train which didn't take too long and drops you outside the gig. The biggest pain in the ass was after the show when they had set up some kind of pedestrian traffic control and sent everyone wanting to get back to the train station the long way around, over the flyover and around so what should have taken 5 minutes took nearly 45. I can understand why they do it, the entrance to the train station is very small but it's something to factor into your decision. There were buses laid on too, they were pretty frequent and didn't take long to get back in town. It may be different for NOS, I don't know. If there's a taxi directly outside and it's reasonably cheap (which I doubt), take it but you'll have to obviously do that 3 times of course and it could add up. My advice would be, Stay in the centre of beautiful Lisbon and if you don't mind the trek over the flyover and the additional time it takes to get there after a long day, go to the bus station and catch a bus back into town

Cheers for the advice mate. Looking like we might be heading to mad cool instead. However Lisbon does look class

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, The life of Pablo said:

+Blossoms
Very happy with that 

pretty good addition..but now I want bigger names for the 7th, possibly royal blood and franz ferdinand..and gorillaz as they released new single after 6 years and hopefully will be touring around

12 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Where are people getting their tickets? They're a good deal more expensive then last year.

Also noticed they are €129 but Seetickets are flogging them for £129?! Def some money to be saved getting buying in Euros but not sure where to get em from? Any suggestions?

https://www.festicket.com/packages/nos-alive-2017/?buy=tickets

32 minutes ago, Noeliam said:

+ Spoon!

What a great undercard! Nothing could possibly beat the AF/M83; Radiohead/Tame Impala combos but the smaller bands look better than last year.

A great undercard indeed!   NOS really benefited from Mad Cool date change.